How do you know your saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What God did is provide a way for us sinful human beings to be justified in spite of all our weakness.
It's all by grace, not by my human effort, that I am saved and kept in Him.

There is your error from the Reformation. You believe Christians are STILL weak.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW there are prayer hindrances
1. Unconfessed Sin
Unconfessed sin is probably the most common prayer killer. Psalm 66:18 says, “If I regard wickedness in my heart, the Lord will not hear” (NASB).
2. Lack of Faith
Lack of faith has an incredibly negative impact on a Christian’s life. Without faith, prayer has no power. Even Jesus was powerless to perform any miracles in Nazareth because of the people’s lack of faith (Mark 6:1-6
3. Disobedience
…If we are to grow in our relationship with God and become strong people of prayer, we must learn to obey. ( full time job) we all fail at one time or another. this is reference to pure rebellion
5. Unforgiveness
…Why is forgiveness so important? The answer is found in Matthew 6:14-15 , “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” there are more but this os all i ama posting

This person is not keeping the commandments of Jesus, nor is pleasing in God's sight, so, of course, these would be hindrances to his prayers being answered.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is your error from the Reformation. You believe Christians are STILL weak.
Do you know any sinless people? Yes, we are weak, in fact, we are to brag about our weakness.
" these persons therefore, were highly honored, and were made great. This was not for their own sake, or for their own works, or for the righteousness which they wrought, but through the operation of His will. And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves. Nor are we justified by our own wisdom, understanding, godliness, or works that we have done in holiness of heart. Rather, we are justified by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men. Clement of Rome (c. 96), 1.13.

Reactions: Philip James

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She knows at least one.:cool:

Before I was saved I was probably the weakest one on the forum. But now I can do all things through Christ who STRENGTHENS me, including keep his commandments and stay pleasing in His sight. Part of my testimony is just how weak I was, but I would be doing Christ a huge disservice by claiming He left me that way, and that His Spirit in me keeps me weak, when I know the reality of the difference in my character immediately when the Holy Spirit filled me to overflowing. There are millions who have never experienced the power that the filling of the Spirit gives them to become born again. In fact, I was in church for 30 years before it happened to me.

cc: @Ezra @Renniks

Reactions: amadeus

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I was saved I was probably the weakest one on the forum. But now I can do all things through Christ who STRENGTHENS me, including keep his commandments and stay pleasing in His sight. Part of my testimony is just how weak I was, but I would be doing Christ a huge disservice by claiming He left me that way, and that His Spirit in me keeps me weak, when I know the reality of the difference in my character immediately when the Holy Spirit filled me to overflowing. There are millions who have never experienced the power that the filling of the Spirit gives them to become born again. In fact, I was in church for 30 years before it happened to me.

cc: @Ezra @Renniks
After 50 years in various churches, I believe God pours out his Spirit as he sees fit. Yes, some do great things through Him, but only through Him. And all those Spirit filled people also wax and wane in their experience and they all still sin.
I wrote this about that:

When we were still so young
they all seemed to fly so high
like pure and perfect clouds
In a clear blue summer sky
They are talked in tongues of Moses
They all prayed like Elijah on the mountain
Sang about that old Rugged Cross
and plunging low in the blood filled fountain.

I didn't know, then, I couldn't see
that all the saints were sinners too.
Only He is holy all the time
We all got feet of clay, Brother,
You got yours and I got mine.

Now, I'm not so young anymore
and in my mind some still fly high
but there's a smudge or two on all their clouds
in a sometimes stormy sky.

We may talk in tongues of Moses
like Elijah on Caramel we may pray
but lay me 'neath that Old Rugged Cross
because I need forgiven just like they say

We all got our weakness
We all got our moment of shame
We've all looked around the corner
when the devil called our name

And all the saints are sinners
and I'm a sinner too.
Only One is Holy all the time
and He isn't me, He isn't you.

Yeah, all the saints are sinners too
Only Jesus is perfect all the time
We all got feet of clay, Brother
You got yours and I got mine.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world...but He did not cover our attitude that leaves our pride and carnal ways intact.
Justification, and a new creation.

Of course . . . Jesus did not come to save us to leave us carnal. So He makes us a new creation, and then teaches us to live that way.

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we are all damned? Not according to scripture. We can know with confidence that we will inherit eternal life.
I believe that the failure to understand the completeness of our justification is the primary reason why so many Christians feel like they live in failure.

And I believe that those who teach that by making ourselves righteous that we receive eternal life are giving a "poison pill" to all who listen to them.

Much love!

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She knows at least one.:cool:
As I've come to understood what @CharismaticLady means in this, I realize that she's not talking about sinless perfection, rather that sins committed are in ignorance, and are what she considers to be "not unto death", that is, what perhaps someone else may call, "minor", if such a word can be used for sin.

But one of the big take away thoughts here,

Hebrews 10
1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

I personally think that the Christian life may be lived in this way. We've been purged of our sins. Why should we live every day with thoughts wrapped around sinfulness?

Why not live according to our faith, and trust that God has the power to not only restore and redeem, but also to prevent, and protect, so that we don't even go down that road?

Do we believe that we must sin at least once before the day is over? Can we believe that we can just do righteousness for the next 5 minutes? Just fill our minds with meditations from the Bible, talking to God, thinking about what's happening in life, and what God's way for that is?

Just 5 minutes. The repeat. And repeat that again . . . pretty soon a day goes by.

Faith is a gift from God. Mightn't God give faith to live in righteousness? I think that's what His grace is all about, and that if we trust Him, we Will Stand in His grace.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your so right Mark:)
I sin often, but I don't wallow in the sorrow of my sins and dwell on them.
I ask God for forgiveness knowing He will forgive me, and forget my sins,
and then I go on the rest of my day in the "JOY OF THE LORD".

How does a person share with others Christ's magnificent love, when we don't allow Gods forgiveness
to re-kindle the Light we're supposed to be to the world.
JUST A THOUGHT

My name is OLIGOS
God saved us for abundant life. Why waste a moment of it?

Much love!

PS . . . tell me of "OLIGOS" . . . what does this mean to you?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. :)

Reactions: marks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! So you don't believe Acts 2:38-39 that say we SHALL receive?

His promises are yay and amen. He is not wishy-washy
I believe every Christian has the Holy Spirit. But, we were talking about exceptional manifestations, or at least, I was. Yes, they are often in response to great revivals, but there is a mystery there as to why these revivals happen at certain times in history and not at others. God can do as he likes, he has his reasons and we only understand a fraction of them.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we believe that we must sin at least once before the day is over? Can we believe that we can just do righteousness for the next 5 minutes? Just fill our minds with meditations from the Bible, talking to God, thinking about what's happening in life, and what God's way for that is?

I sin often, but I don't wallow in the sorrow of my sins and dwell on them.
I ask God for forgiveness knowing He will forgive me, and forget my sins,
and then I go on the rest of my day in the "JOY OF THE LORD".

I see here that marks is saying if we can go 5 minutes without sinning, can't we continue and remain righteous for 5 more minutes, then 5 more and continue to the end of the day?

What SbG is saying is no. You have no power not to sin, but just to sin, repent, sin, repent ad infinitum.

I agree with marks. A true Christian with the power of the Holy Spirit is lead away from sinning in the first place.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe every Christian has the Holy Spirit. But, we were talking about exceptional manifestations, or at least, I was. Yes, they are often in response to great revivals, but there is a mystery there as to why these revivals happen at certain times in history and not at others. God can do as he likes, he has his reasons and we only understand a fraction of them.

Every true Christian has the Holy Spirit, but knowing about Jesus even the demons know, and wanting Him to save you from hell is wishful thinking if you remain a slave to sin. When we truly repent, THAT is when Jesus gives us His Spirit and we are no longer in the flesh but in the Spirit. The Spirit doesn't sin, nor leads us to sin, but always provides a way of escape, and the pure love we have for God causes us to hate sin. It no longer has any power over us. We are free indeed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little mystery or secretiveness is always a fun thing to me.:)

That was what I suspected!

;)

I have studied Koine Greek ( The original language of the first written N.T. scriptures) for years, and OLIGOS is a "TAKEN" name in Greek that to me, best describes who I am in Christ.

I am small!

The Greek language is fabulous Marks, and much more complete in how it much more fully uses words to form much more in depth meanings.
Many of the words used in the English translations, don't have words it can translate from Greek, so many times we have lost what God was actually saying, and the depth of Gods intent is watered down or mis-construed.
I have studied the history of the bible also, and the history of the Christian church, and other history topics dealing with Christianity, so all that mixed in with the study of Koine (Everyday language of the common people - even Jesus spoke Greek and at least 2 other languages) Greek, helps give a broader and more complete picture of God's communicating with mankind, and brings out truths you wouldn't find otherwise.

God bless all on this forum
My name is OLIGOS

I love Koine Greek! I too have been a student of the language, first in school and then continuing on my own.

I love it's precision, and, like you say, fully using the words. I've been told that the typical English speaker uses about a 6000-7000 word vocabulary, and the typical Koine Greek speaker used about 24,000 words. And then there are those words that God adopted for His Own, like agapeo and elpis, words that find their fullness in Him.

So much richness!

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, being "proud" of what Christ does for us, is exactly what we should be doing. Did you think that I was boasting about my ability to remain saved? How silly would that be? I didn't save myself.
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

Resting in his sufficiency should leave us very confidant of his ability to preserve us through whatever life throws at us, including our own sinfulness.

Boasting and Prideful is saying nah nah, I'm Converted and you're not!

Being confidant and assured of what the Lord has done for you and can do for others is Exactly how, the Disciples who learned from the Lord, taught!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Renniks