How do you know your saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think anger can be very sinful. Sometimes we feel anger as a way to avoid accepting responsibility for our part. Just get mad over their part. and a 1000 other wrong reasons.

James, I think, wrote, the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God.

It's one thing for Jesus to get angry. But is our anger righteous like his? Maybe. But maybe not.

Much love!
agreed we have a setup man AT work.that when he gets mad he yells.. that is a major no no with me.i yell back and let him know i'm not a dog

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can actually know that we have eternal life.

Um, not really. Trespasses isn't even a good translation.
Nearly all of the most credible English translations over time have translated the Greek words, opheilēma/opheiletēs, as “debts/debtors.” And that’s because in the New Testament and the Septuagint, these words almost always convey the meaning of owing a financial or moral debt or obligation.

The Lord's Prayer is found in Matthew 6. What do the next two verses (14-15) say? They not only confirm but clarify what is in the prayer and the stipulation.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so say someone done you really bad destroys your property .. dome something to a family member .are you saying you can keep it together. here is the problem with your post . when you say every prayer of yours is answered . that creates a doubt in the way you post it .now you use sin i realize your older lady .i looked at your profile.........so i give you respect..but cannot agree with your post.

You are not understanding my post, nor the scriptures what I believe are based on. It is trespasses that others commit against us that we are to forgive, so that our trespasses are forgiven by God. Matthew 6:14-15 Debts and trespasses are the same thing.

The perpetrators would be committing willful sins of lawlessness against you. Those are not trespasses. Apples and oranges. I can love my enemy and still call the police to prevent them from hurting anyone else.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying anger is always sinful. But I think some anger is. At the end of the day I find that most if not all anger - in me - is not useful.

Much love!

Paul sees a difference also. But he does say it is okay to be angry as long as you reconcile quickly. "Do not let the sun go down on your anger."

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so say someone done you really bad destroys your property .. dome something to a family member .are you saying you can keep it together. here is the problem with your post . when you say every prayer of yours is answered . that creates a doubt in the way you post it .now you use sin i realize your older lady .i looked at your profile.........so i give you respect..but cannot agree with your post.

My age has just made me know more than I did at 58.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so. We can actually know that we have eternal life.

And this passage has to be dealt with by those who would say otherwise.

Has life. . . that you may know that you have eternal life . . . seems clear to me that God wants us to have that certainy.

What would you say is the best way to be certain?

Much love!
The best way to be certain is to believe in the name of the Son of God. Elsewhere, we see the same message. John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.

Reactions: Enoch111 and marks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The perpetrators would be committing willful sins of lawlessness against you. Those are not trespasses. Apples and oranges. I can love my enemy and still call the police to prevent them from hurting anyone else.

So the trespasses we are to forgive are willful but the ones we are forgiven for aren't willful? The debt we owe God is paid by Christ for our sins. Not just little sins, as if such a thing exists, but all our sins.
Again: in Matthew 6:12, the Greek word for “debts” is ophelilema, and it means “that which is owed.” Likewise, the Greek word for “debtors” is opheiletes, and it means “one who owes another.”

Luke just says we are forgiven sins.

‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us
And lead us not into temptation.

But in the original, there's still the idea of owing a debt we can't pay. Nothing about the sin being intentionally commited or not.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul sees a difference also. But he does say it is okay to be angry as long as you reconcile quickly. "Do not let the sun go down on your anger."
Personally, I prefer to not be angry, as I find little pleasure in it, or use for it. There are some things that make me angry, and, I think, rightfully so, but for the most part, and I really mean most, well, it says, reconcile, but without giving approval to anger. In your anger do not sin, a sound warning, as sin crouches waiting inside of anger.

Wrongs that need righting, I find, are more quickly righted without anger. Some feel anger, and prize it as a possession. Other feelings too, I think.

Much love!

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, trespasses are not willful.
You have presented zero evidence of this, and the language used gives no evidence for it and the word Trespasses isn't even used in Luke's version...so you are just claiming something that has no legitimacy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best way to be certain is to believe in the name of the Son of God. Elsewhere, we see the same message. John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
Through faith we are saved.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I prefer to not be angry, as I find little pleasure in it, or use for it. There are some things that make me angry, and, I think, rightfully so, but for the most part, and I really mean most, well, it says, reconcile, but without giving approval to anger. In your anger do not sin, a sound warning, as sin crouches waiting inside of anger.

Wrongs that need righting, I find, are more quickly righted without anger. Some feel anger, and prize it as a possession. Other feelings too, I think.

Much love!

Then you are really growing in the fruit of the Spirit of self-control and long-suffering if you don't eve feel angry.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have presented zero evidence of this, and the language used gives no evidence for it and the word Trespasses isn't even used in Luke's version...so you are just claiming something that has no legitimacy.

Yes, I have; many times, but right now I am just correcting what you think I mean.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO all my sins have been forgiven

So are mine.

What I'm curious about (because I don't know your doctrine) when you say all your sins have been forgiven:

1. Do you believe your past sins are forgiven and you don't sin any longer?
2. Do you sin, and believe your present and future sins are already forgiven as well?

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am really shocked at some of the replies as per how to know your saved. there has been so rock solid post backed with scripture. then there has been some left field theology with twisted scripture . are we not mature enough to say we know were saved.
i really like this scripture gave us the right to become a Child of God . dont get much better than this