How do you respond to "Christians are hypocrites"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When God disrobed he didn't do it in half measures by retaining the ability to have an advantage over us in any form.
Actually Christ -- the GOD-MAN -- had every advantage over sinful mortals. That is why He did what He did on earth and ascended back to Heaven. The Bible says that He did no sin, He had no sin, and He could not sin. If this were not the case, He could not possibly have paid for our sins.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually Christ -- the GOD-MAN -- had every advantage over sinful mortals. That is why He did what He did on earth and ascended back to Heaven. The Bible says that He did no sin, He had no sin, and He could not sin. If this were not the case, He could not possibly have paid for our sins.
If he could not sin then any message to us about overcoming has no weight and a GOD-MAN is fabricated that is untouchable.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to study. It's there if you know what to look for.

I actually made a mistake in saying Luke 4. I meant Luke 3:23-28. The geneaology through Mary. And Jeconias isn't mentioned in there anywhere.

Also, please teach us how Jeconias is in Mary's genealogy in the Bible. I have read my Bible extensively and never saw that thing in particular. So throw us a bone and give us the reference.

When God disrobed he didn't do it in half measures by retaining the ability to have an advantage over us in any form.

God didn't disrobe: He actually took on an added nature of humanity.

If he could not sin then any message to us about overcoming has no weight and a GOD-MAN is fabricated that is untouchable.

Now you are beginning to get the picture! We are not saved by our works; but through forgiveness and grace. Of course salvation works itself out in our being sanctified more and more every day.

D

Dave L

I actually made a mistake in saying Luke 4. I meant Luke 3:23-28. The geneaology through Mary. And Jeconias isn't mentioned in there anywhere.

Also, please teach us how Jeconias is in Mary's genealogy in the Bible. I have read my Bible extensively and never saw that thing in particular. So throw us a bone and give us the reference.
Jesus was a descendant of Jeconiah through Shealtiel and Zerubbabel (Matthew 1:12 or Luke 3:27).

“And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;” (Matthew 1:12) (KJV 1900)

“Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,” (Luke 3:27) (KJV 1900)