How does leg wrapping for compression work?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have inflammation everywhere, but my legs are the most problematic.
It's extremely uncomfortable. It is like RLS while awake and keeping me up at night.

I'm looking at leg compressors, but I was wondering if anyone knows about wrapping and how to do it at home or what works, before I break into my fabric and ruin it for no reason.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Shouldn't we first repent of violating God's command in Gen2:17?

Before you comment on an old post, from Jan 11 it might be appropriate for you to dig a little deeper and see if the member gives any more information that might shine a light on the members concerns re inflammation . The member has since left the board because they felt that they were not getting the depth of teaching that they were looking for on this forum. Your post, IMHO, would make even me want to leave as well.

Reactions: quietthinker

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what's the solution?

The situation is for her to reveal, if she wants to, as much as she wants to.

It is far better to pray that She will be included with those whom the Lord will draw to Himself, which was prayed many months ago for her, once. Since then I have been thanking God that He has heard my prayer for Fluffy and is drawing her into His loving embracing arms where she can be secure in His Love for Her. This is called faith on our part in that we believe that God does draw people to Himself whom we have asked Him to draw to Himself. Yes, we can play our part, in God's process, of drawing people to Him, by how loving we are towards others, by healing the sick, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor and helping to lifting their heavy burdens, assisting the widows and orphans and for us to intentionally keep God's seventh Sabbath Day, for Mankind, Holy.

We all have our parts to play in this. How effective we are depends on how we walk daily with God, hand in hand, with God holding our hand, as He shows us how we are able to be a blessing to the people around us.

The above manner of praying for people is far more effective in helping people be drawn to God. Condemnation of people on the other hand tends to frighten people such that they are repulsed by what they are able to observe in our witness of God's Love in our own lives. We all have our short comings where we need to renew our own minds and to then put on that refurbished personhood that God intends us all to be from the beginning of time. We all need to humble ourselves and circumcise our fleshly hearts by receive God's grace for us through having a repentant heart that stores up His Blessings in our Heart.

May God increase your ability to be a Godly blessing to all with whom you rub shoulders with, on a daily basis.

Shalom

Reactions: Lambano

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have inflammation everywhere, but my legs are the most problematic.
It's extremely uncomfortable. It is like RLS while awake and keeping me up at night.

I'm looking at leg compressors, but I was wondering if anyone knows about wrapping and how to do it at home or what works, before I break into my fabric and ruin it for no reason.

I'm not a medic so don't take what I say as medical advice. It's just my personal experience.
Firstly - have you consulted a doctor to find out what the problem is?
I've had some problems with (probably fungal) dermatitis that seems like inflammation when it flares up.
A few years ago I fell and damaged my leg and had to go to a wound clinic several times to get it dressed and healed.
But there seemed to be a problem with inflammation.
I was prescribed a compression stocking by the nurse in the would clinic. It helped the blood flow back to the heart. I was told I would need it for the rest of my life.
However I recognised the symptoms as more like the dermatitis problems I had elsewhere and went to the doctor. She prescribed steroid cream that eventually cleared it though I still needed to use a simple emollient cream.
Then later I was staying on holiday and on the last day I left the tub of cream behind and had to buy a different one. My leg suddenly inflamed and I had to go back to the doctor. It turned out that the new cream had lanolin in it and the inflammation was an allergic reaction to that. So some sort of allergic reaction is another possibility. But I think you need to get proper medical advice.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend wears compression bandages to control the inflammation from the chemo and from poor circulation caused by diabetes. These bandages are applied by a professional nurse. Frankly, they're not effective and they're painful, so she recently decided to just take them off.

I've worn compression socks for swelling of the feet, and I'm not impressed with them either. It works better if I just get up from my desk every hour and just walk around.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Please let me paraphrase Gen. 2:17 in a way that makes sense for all to understand.

If you sin, then you will be a candidate for the second death in the distant future.

Now, let us unpack this. If you sin against God then at the end of the allocated time for mankind, i.e. at the end of the seventh Age, then at the great judgement of all of mankind, those who are deemed righteous will live while the unrighteous will go into the Lake of Fire which is the Second death.

If you are saying that we all are sinning, then yes we will be a candidate for the second death, but God in His mercy has given us a way to become right with Him. We all need to focus on believing on Him Whom He has Sent.

It is God's will that all are drawn into His loving Embrace and we "christians" should not invalidate others as not being worthy of being redeemed by God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not a medic so don't take what I say as medical advice. It's just my personal experience.

Now if you have traced Fluffy's recent posts you would have read that she has decided to go to another "Christian Forum," because she does not believe that the teaching that people are posting on this forum is beneficial for her to read or take on board.

We all need to humble ourselves and repent of our evil ways, and then God has promised that He will heal the earth that we are walking in.

It seems to me that the "christians" of this present time are stiff necked and cannot recognise that they have turned away from God and as such they do not consider that they need to repent before God for how they are presently living their lives today. Many Christians want to "escape" from God's refining fire believing that this is the time of the Great Tribulation because they do not want to experience the "pain" of being refined by God.

Now the point of this post is that Fluffy has left the building presently and as such any posts of advice is just you p... into the breeze so to speak by trying to give her advice like in this case which she will probably not read unless she returns from time to time to keep a finger on the pulse so to speak of this forum.

She is no fool and is seek to know the face of God. Please respect her personhood.

Follow her example and also seek God's face for yourself on a forum that you can trust the people on that forum who do not invalidate you.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Didn't all form of pain & physical ailment result from violating Genesis 2:17?

NO, one does not necessarily follow the other. The account of the fall in Genesis does not record that Adam and Eve suffered any pain or ailments as a result of their sin of eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

So should not we get back to genesis2:17 to resolve all problems?

That would be acting God like if we tried to resolve the problems, IMHO.