I am stronger, the more I search for the Lord (you also?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So, I have had it dawn upon me, that I am stronger, when I search for the Lord. It's just a simple fact. I'm not sure how it works, or why - but I know it works. There is something about Him, that is pure, even in the Holy Spirit. I think it must be that the Holy Spirit is now in Him (whereas, once, the Holy Spirit was "with" Him). I find myself wrapping my thoughts around Him, dreaming up things that are important to Him - finding potential in things that pass His test. I'm not sure what direction it is going, but I suppose it is towards God. That being the case, God must approve. Maybe it is dawning on me, that I need God's approval too.

Now there were people, who were ready to say "faith is not of works" but if I am seeking God's approval, then to be without works is a shame to me. I don't suppose I know specifically which works God wants, certainly He does not want the evil, that I perpetrated in my past. So it comes back to Jesus again, that I need His forgiveness. I suppose that makes the way for the Holy Spirit to enter, clear. If the path is clear, my direction in life is set (as I was wondering it might not be, just above). In other words, it is toward God, not just for later, but now! This is because I receive His forgiveness, by faith. What remains is for me to know where my inspiration is taking me (which works) and what power I need (as I presume I will receive in the Holy Spirit - when He takes from the Lord for my sake).

If I keep my inspiration (and know its works), then the power I need will be clear to the Holy Spirit, it only remains for me to ask. This is power, too. If I hold on to this power (as I ask the Holy Spirit for that power), then the Lord will be able to impart the meaning, difference and commitment of that power, to my heart and soul, that they serve my spirit in carrying it out. This is not a simple process, of adopting "works", as if I had forgotten my faith, when I began to search my inspiration, no! I am still aware of my faith, but now it is growing in me - because I have greater faith, nourished by my obedience to Christ, as He makes clear for me to do. I am not taking away from the faith of others, as I do so - our inspiration is different, we are not meant to squabble over who has what faith, much less why we have the inspiration that we have. There is power in this, because knowing the creativity of the Holy Spirit in all of us, we are able to edify the inspiration in each of us, and press on, to being One.

If we are One, then our inspiration will speak to each other in different ways to one another. We will find that our communication with one another, will increase our faith and our inspiration. This is a good thing to work for! The power of this, is that God is able to move through our works, to establish His Glory. God is waiting for this; as Jesus said "God is seeking those who can worship Him in spirit and in truth" (gospels, from memory). What is interesting, is that because our faith is of God and our inspiration of the Holy Spirit, our works, though they are tried will not alter. Our persecution will only aggrandize our works for God and His Glory, all the more. Normal bounds of what is possible, will give way to the supernatural in the Holy Spirit. The Awe that was the Lord's, we will find is Ours also.

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.