How does the Body of Christ Mature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People mature as they receive inspiration from the Holy Ghost and learn what God wants in any given situation. We are encouraged to perform in charity and love. They mature in knowledge of things from the bible and preachers. But the church is established to do all this.

Hi devin,

Yes, the two aspects - attitude and truth. We need both.

1. Good attitude but no truth - thus in darkness.

2. Some truth but bad attitude - still in darkness.

`Speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ...` (Eph. 4: 15)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi devin,

Yes, the two aspects - attitude and truth. We need both.

1. Good attitude but no truth - thus in darkness.

2. Some truth but bad attitude - still in darkness.

`Speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ...` (Eph. 4: 15)
Truth will only get you so far. Good works in the Spirit of the Lord is what brings understanding of the Love of God. 1 Corinthians 13

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the Body of Christ Mature?
OP^

Continue Hearing/Reading/Studying the Word of God.
...ask God for His Understanding of His Words.
...Be Patient the answer will come, when you least expect it.

The Hard part...the man himself changing his Carnal Mind, to be in Christ Jesus’ Likeness....and
What does THAT MEAN?

It means when your Carnal Minds thoughts and your Hearts thoughts are at odds, Choose you Your Hearts thoughts over your Carnal Minds thoughts.

Remember when a man is Converted IN Christ, He does not Change, Make new, Save your Carnal Mind. He gives us the Power (tools), so to speak for us to do that.

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not so much funny as it is a look at a standard view from another angle.
God is doing on our planet ie, amongst its inhabitants other than than what most assume......even other than what many who claim insight into this mystery shout from their soapboxes.
Jesus' reference to be careful how one sees is pertinent. Luke 8:18 Mark 4:24

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
:) Now you make me smile!

I am sure there is more that could be said, but hearing and becoming that voice of one crying in the wilderness, and making straight the way of the Lord...comes to mind.

I have said it before in commenting on Paul's telling women to be silent in church, that in the context of us being the Bride of Christ, being silent in church would apply to us all men and women alike. Which can only mean that the Body should not speak, but rather the Head, whom is Christ. And this He arranged for us to be fulfilled by the Holy Spirit. So, less of us speaking, and more of Christ by the Holy Spirit. Which makes our role one of listening first, and then only speaking when we are spoke to (and through). In this way we make straight His way...instead of making our own way.

Hi Scott,

good thoughts there. Now just a comment on `women being silent, and having authority over..` the Greek words relates to being meddlesome and usurping control, not to dominate.

Marilyn.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well...actually it was John the Baptist who said it and I am just blessed to have heard it also. Since Jesus considered John to be the greatest to have ever been born of a woman...I should think his words--perhaps his life, should be of greater focus than it has been. Perhaps that would be the maturity that we should be starting with, then Christ.

Hi Scott,

Actually, Jesus said a tad more -

`Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than Joh the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.` (Matt. 11: 11)

Now there is an interesting puzzle.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Scott,

Actually, Jesus said a tad more -

`Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than Joh the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.` (Matt. 11: 11)

Now there is an interesting puzzle.
tell me why this is interesting to you Marilyn?

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth will only get you so far. Good works in the Spirit of the Lord is what brings understanding of the Love of God. 1 Corinthians 13

Hi devin,

Yes, to know the love of God is why the Head has enabled us to receive His divine nature, (2 Peter 1: 4). And then of course love `rejoices in the truth,` (1 Cor. 13:

Reactions: dev553344

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tell me why this is interesting to you Marilyn?

Hi quietthinker,

Because on one hand Jesus says John the Baptist was the greatest born of a woman, and then He says but the one least in the kingdom of heaven is greater. One would think, aren`t the ones in the kingdom of heaven also born of women.

And then we can think well those in the kingdom of heaven are `born again,` but then John the Baptist would be also.

But then I do have my own reasons, however I will let others have a say if they want to first.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi devin,

Yes, to know the love of God is why the Head has enabled us to receive His divine nature, (2 Peter 1: 4). And then of course love `rejoices in the truth,` (1 Cor. 13:
Yes 2 Peter 1:5-7 says that.

Reactions: Marilyn C

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi quietthinker,

Because on one hand Jesus says John the Baptist was the greatest born of a woman, and then He says but the one least in the kingdom of heaven is greater. One would think, aren`t the ones in the kingdom of heaven also born of women.

And then we can think well those in the kingdom of heaven are `born again,` but then John the Baptist would be also.

But then I do have my own reasons, however I will let others have a say if they want to first.
a question, why do you think Jesus said John was the greatest born of a woman?.....what was his reference point?

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As citizens of the Heavenly Jerusalem by faith in the Lord Yeshua, who was the Word that came, was born in flesh. Lived a perfect life, and paid the price of sin for all people allows for anyone to come to the Father in heaven who puts their faith in the one whom raised Jesus from the dead. A new life will be given to that believer who now decides to have a prayer life, to spend time reading the Bible, to live by faith and by the spirit out of it all to have love for God first.

There is a reason to put God first, it allows for him to work in your life on your behalf. Now does that mean every prayer will be answered? No. Why is that you may ask? Because it is just simply is that way. In this life human existence is futile, as eventually this flesh that is on the body dies and then goes back to being dirt eventually, some things are preserved. Everyone will pass away, and not every wound is healed when it comes to the body. If a person needs medicine that is simply just a have to because it is what is called for their needs. Not every mental illness is healed, or those who are mentally retarded ever recover. This is why a person must put God first, because he is the one who provides life to us, and to everyone in the world, every day which is the breath of life which comes to us when we are first born into this world.

If you desire to mature the biggest thing a person can do is spend time having a relationship with God, and to pray, and read the bible, just read it over and over again, make notes, write certain subject scriptures down, and read them out to yourself every morning, pray, praise, and given thanks.

Never know what might could happen.

(It is always about having love for God first - and having love for others (to treat others with kindness by the spirit, putting GOd first in any given situations (doesn't matter how many times a day God listens to prayers but may those prayers done for the will of God to live by faith and the spirit).

Reactions: Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a question, why do you think Jesus said John was the greatest born of a woman?.....what was his reference point?

Hi quietthinker,

Good question. I think that Jesus said that John was the greatest born of women, being the last of the Old Testament Prophets, because the Lord was about to usher in His rulership which we know is greater than all.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi quietthinker,

Good question. I think that Jesus said that John was the greatest born of women, being the last of the Old Testament Prophets, because the Lord was about to usher in His rulership which we know is greater than all.
righty, I hear you, but what was the inherent factor in the message that he preached? ie, what did he say that made him stand out from other prophets.....so much so that Jesus called him the greatest born of women.....even though John said of himself, he wasn't worthy to tie the shoelaces of Jesus?

Reactions: ScottA

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
righty, I hear you, but what was the inherent factor in the message that he preached? ie, what did he say that made him stand out from other prophets.....so much so that Jesus called him the greatest born of women.....even though John said of himself, he wasn't worthy to tie the shoelaces of Jesus?

Good point. John the Baptist prepared the way for Jesus` manifestation. (Mal. 3: 1) John did this by calling for repentance from the people of Israel in preparation to receive Jesus as their Messiah. (Matt. 3: 1)

John knew that he was a sinner as other people. However, the message he presented was the last of all the prophets, so in a sense it was the greatest.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good point. John the Baptist prepared the way for Jesus` manifestation. (Mal. 3: 1) John did this by calling for repentance from the people of Israel in preparation to receive Jesus as their Messiah. (Matt. 3: 1)

John knew that he was a sinner as other people. However, the message he presented was the last of all the prophets, so in a sense it was the greatest.
The message of repentance was preached by all the prophets so that did not make John worthy of being called the greatest of the prophets....it was not exclusive to John but there was something specific about his message that made John the forerunner of Jesus. Do you want to have a stab as to what it was apart from being the 'last' in the line of the prophets?

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The message of repentance was preached by all the prophets so that did not make John worthy of being called the greatest of the prophets....it was not exclusive to John but there was something specific about his message that made John the forerunner of Jesus. Do you want to have a stab as to what it was apart from being the 'last' in the line of the prophets?

Yes, the OT Prophets did preach repentance, however I think it was National Repentance. John the Baptist preached personal repentance as to the people receiving Christ as their Messiah.

I would like to hear your thoughts too.