How Evil Are Humans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:
[9] And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

[12] And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
He admitted he ate. Did Adam confess He disobeyed God?

Being proud is one thing. Confession is another.

Faith is "seeing the unseen". Not the same as foreknowledge. Nor a prophetic vision. Faith is trusting God, not knowing what will happen. Adam did not eat to prove to God he would die. Yet that is how your point works out for you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He admitted he ate.

Yes. And that was what you said Did NOT occur.

Did Adam confess He disobeyed God?

Was that required of Adam?

Being proud is one thing. Confession is another.

Adam confessing what he had done was the topic. Why are you introducing the concept of PRIDE into the topic?

Faith is "seeing the unseen".

Rather I would say FAITH regarding spiritual things, regarding a man, is a mans Belief “without seeing”.

Not the same as foreknowledge.

Knowledge introduces a man to learn ABOUT “unseen spiritual things”.

Foreknowledge Reveals the “consequences” For Belief and Non-Belief.

Nor a prophetic vision.

For Some it was Learning About God precisely via a prophetic vision.

Faith is trusting God,

Faith IS a “Beginning” Gift FROM God TO a man FOR Hearing the Word of God.
(Hear little, receive a little Faith, Hear more, Faith from God is Increased.)

not knowing what will happen.

Read more. What WILL Happen is clearly revealed in Gods written word.

Adam did not eat to prove to God he would die.

So? Why are you wandering off talking about Adam not trying to PROVE anything, when no one has said he was ?

Yet that is how your point works out for you.

IF that was “MY POINT”…. Why does such words ONLY APPEAR IN “YOUR comments”….and “NOT MINE” ?

Gaslighter.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam confessing what he had done was the topic. Why are you introducing the concept of PRIDE into the topic?
Admit: confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance.

Confess: admit or state that one has committed a crime or is at fault in some way.

How is Adam saying he was at fault, when he qualified what he did by adding the words, "the woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree"?

Why not say, "I apologize, I did what you told me not to do"?

Adam never told God what he did was wrong nor a crime. That is being proud, and not admitting guilt.

Some would say that Adam blamed Eve, and God indirectly. Then conclude that Adam was forced to eat by God, and had no choice at all. Eve then followed Adam's example and blamed the serpent.

Obviously admitting truth. But not confessing one's guilt and disobedience. Thus lacking personal responsibility, and displaying pride. Adam then kept boasting and named that woman Eve. It seems that woman did not even have a name until after they were punished.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Admit: confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance.

Confess: admit or state that one has committed a crime or is at fault in some way.

How is Adam saying he was at fault, when he qualified what he did by adding the words, "the woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree"?

Why not say, "I apologize, I did what you told me not to do"?

Adam never told God what he did was wrong nor a crime. That is being proud, and not admitting guilt.

Some would say that Adam blamed Eve, and God indirectly. Then conclude that Adam was forced to eat by God, and had no choice at all. Eve then followed Adam's example and blamed the serpent.

Obviously admitting truth. But not confessing one's guilt and disobedience. Thus lacking personal responsibility, and displaying pride. Adam then kept boasting and named that woman Eve. It seems that woman did not even have a name until after they were punished.

You are out of perspective, trying to pretend your years of learning and gathering knowledge is comparable to ADAM in the Garden.

Adam was an ADULT BODY with the MIND of a TODDLER.

Adam eating from the Tree of Good and Evil gave him a natural instinct of KNOWING RIGHT and WRONG.
He didn’t eat of a TREE called “HOW TO APOLOGIZE.”

You spent several posts objecting to what I said.
For several posts I replied with Scriptural verification.
You continued for several posts objecting to what I said.
You choosing or Not To accept Scriptural verification is on you.

You introducing, PRIDE and APOLOGIZING AS IF, ignoring ADAM was the TOPIC, has somehow changed to ME being the TOPIC, revealed by your ACCUSATIONS against me…
Is underhanded AND I am not INTERESTED in playing a gaslighters games.

No ADAM was not “boasting”.
Adam “gave” an account of the TRUTH.

You should have noticed the significance of ORDER and WAY of God…

Gen 3:
ORDER:
9 - Lord calls to Adam
13 - Lord said to Woman
14 - Lord said to Serpent

ORDER: Reversed
15 - Serpent cursed
16 - Woman cursed
17 - Ground cursed