How Evil Are Humans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Present day humans are incredibly WICKED. Millions DEMAND their 'right' to murder millions of unborn babies. Politicians are LYING THIEVES! Need I mention lawyers? Corporations? Big Lying Pharma? And as wicked as humans are, imagine how wicked humanity must have been for God to drown everyone on Earth but 8! God is justified! It's a miracle that God has mercy on any of us! If you love God with all your heart be thankful! It's a gift.

Ephesians 2
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Present day humans are incredibly WICKED. Millions DEMAND their 'right' to murder millions of unborn babies. Politicians are LYING THIEVES! Need I mention lawyers? Corporations? Big Lying Pharma? And as wicked as humans are, imagine how wicked humanity must have been for God to drown everyone on Earth but 8! God is justified! It's a miracle that God has mercy on any of us! If you love God with all your heart be thankful! It's a gift.

Ephesians 2
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
Drowning the whole world was not wicked?

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's one way to look at it.

We are also so valuable that He paid the highest ransom possible to set us free. What a Father!

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did it. I hope for your sake you're not calling Him wicked.
Everyone of Gods judgments are righteous . Tis the righteous judgment of GOD .
Its the judgment all have earned for men are wicked from their youth and up .
Thank the GLORIOUS LORD HE sent CHRIST JESUS so as those who believe would not perish but rather have everlasting life .
Yet if our version of jesus honors sins , THEN IT AINT JESUS CHRIST we came to nor LOVED , it was another version of JESUS
and that one cannot save .
If our jesus is holding hundred dollar bills and hollering get that money , IT AINT JESUS
if our jesus is holding a rainbow flag and saying LOVE LOVE LOVE , IT AINT JESUS .
IF the jesus we are following supports sin , ITS NOT JESUS .
As i am sure you will agree .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God did it. I hope for your sake you're not calling Him wicked.
I'm not calling God wicked, I'm calling the record that God did it. According to Jesus it is Satan who steals, kills and destroys, not God

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not calling God wicked, I'm calling the record that God did it. According to Jesus it is Satan who steals, kills and destroys, not God
Satan has to get permission from God. God doesn't need permission.

Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan has to get permission from God. God doesn't need permission.

Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made."
Is it the character of God to destroy is the question at hand.....particularly when Jesus (God's direct representative) said he was come to give life?.....Hebrews tells us Jesus 'is the brightness of his glory and the express image of his person...' Hebrews 1:3
The glory of Jesus (and thus God's) is giving his life for his enemies and praying for them.....not destroying them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it the character of God to destroy is the question at hand.....particularly when Jesus (God's direct representative) said he was come to give life?.....Hebrews tells us Jesus 'is the brightness of his glory and the express image of his person...' Hebrews 1:3
The glory of Jesus (and thus God's) is giving his life for his enemies and praying for them.....not destroying them.
Jesus is God who drowned all but 8, "making them an example".

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Ephesians 2

God didn't destroy the world with a flood because it was so evil it always has been and always will be evil He destroyed it because the faithful came down to just one man Noah. God had to do it and start over because the faithful would of ended with Noah and there would be no faithful people left and we wouldn't be saved today. Jesus had to come through a faithful line of people.

The same reason that God destroyed the world in the past will be the same reason that God will destroy the world in the future as the church conforms to the world like we are seeing today.

If God will only destroy the world because it was evil He would of already of done it by now one year of abortions alone would be enough reason.

Reactions: rwb

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God didn't destroy the world with a flood because it was so evil it always has been and always will be evil He destroyed it because the faithful came down to just one man Noah. God had to do it and start over because the faithful would of ended with Noah and there would be no faithful people left and we wouldn't be saved today. Jesus had to come through a faithful line of people.

The same reason that God destroyed the world in the past will be the same reason that God will destroy the world in the future as the church conforms to the world like we are seeing today.

If God will only destroy the world because it was evil He would of already of done it by now one year of abortions alone would be enough reason.
'for God so loved the world......' John 3:16
Will he now destroy it? or is there another who is bent on destruction?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God allows all this evil. He gave Satan his powers.

Luke 4
5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'for God so loved the world......' John 3:16
Will he now destroy it? or is there another who is bent on destruction?
Are you denying that God brought the flood?

When you say it the world Jesus is talking about are people not the literal earth.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God allows all this evil. He gave Satan his powers.

Luke 4
5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
If God gave choice to his Creatures and it is real, then Satan chose to be the destroyer, it is he who has the power of death.

Hebrews 2:14.
For only as a human being could he die (Jesus) and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death

God is the Creator, he gives life, love and joy.

John 10:10
The thief (the Devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full......Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just as God gave Satan permission to destroy Job's family, He allows Satan other evils. Just look at this EVIL world!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you denying that God brought the flood?

When you say it the world Jesus is talking about are people not the literal earth.
Yes, I am denying that God brought the flood even though it is attributed to him by the writer (Moses)

The Hebrews believed God was responsible for everything, both good and bad and they wrote from that perspective. One can see this from the various utterances of the Prophets. Jesus however corrected this view just as he corrected many of the views the Jews held by statements like, 'you have heard said but I say unto you....'
John tells us what he learned from Jesus in his letter.

1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I am denying that God brought the flood even though it is attributed to him by the writer (Moses)

The Hebrews believed God was responsible for everything, both good and bad and they wrote from that perspective. One can see this from the various utterances of the Prophets. Jesus however corrected this view just as he corrected many of the views the Jews held by statements like, 'you have heard said but I say unto you....'
John tells us what he learned from Jesus in his letter.

1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
....I would like to add, Jesus came to correct mens view of God. Whoever heard of a God dying for his subjects? It was an unknown, even an unthinkable concept.
Jesus blew the expectations of men, even his Prophets, right out of the water. He condescended and allowed them the murder him because he loved them.

Many of the atrocities attributed to God in the Old Testament are errors in the perception of the writers. Here we can see the deceptiveness of the Devil. He has managed to hide himself even in the scriptures and give God the blame for terrible events like the genocide Israel committed on the nations around them.

The Devil's objective is to misrepresent God. He has had that agenda even with the Angels before the creation of the World. Now he does the same thing with men in a dozen different forms.....and has great success.

As I have said earlier, Jesus has come as a faithful and true representative/ witness of God.

Revelation 3:14
These are the words of the Amen, (Jesus) the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.