• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discipleship. Like spiritual growth. Is an ongoing spiritual journey of Gods people

God makes us alive in him, this is the begining of our journey with the most important part being settled. Our eternal destination. It is the basis of our ability to not only continue to grow. But to continue to believe in christ.

As John said

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God

paul made the same comment, when he said to be absent from the body was to be present with the lord. This is why he considered all suffering to be a momentary light affliction

He also said this when he said we have not been given a spirit of fear but of a sound mind. And we have been given an ABBA father where we can boldly without fear go to God with our sins and our struggles.

Scripture also said we are to confess our sins not only to God but to each other. So we can be healed.

I agree with one thing, the church has lost sight on discipleship. I grew up in churches that said if you commit these certain sins, Instead of helping you condemned you. Left you to yourself. They also said if you can not find victory. The you are not trusting God. Again, No help. Judgmental people!

discipleship takes the church helping each other as Jesus helped the disciples. he did not judge them when they failed. he loved them, and encouraged them and taught them.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a spiritual pattern that the Spirit uses to lead us as we grow in our discipleship in Christ.
Things we put off or lay down and there are things we apply by the word of God and the Spirit.

2 Peter 1:
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As we walk more in the Spirit we are less in the flesh and able to overcome the firey darts of satan.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years back when i was on the orginal CF and on WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUMS
i used to make lots of posts .
Now watch this . I didnt say one word for or against OSAS .
WHAT I DID was simply remind folks about WHAT JESUS taught .
YET MANY OSAS folks came on trying so hard to attack the reminders . THAT IS A MAJOR RED FLAG PROBLEM .
IF we claim JESUS saves but we go after HIS OWN TEACHINGS , twisting them and omitting them to suit our own belief ,
THEN WE HAVE LEARNED WRONG . BIG TIME WRONG .
That has always been my problem with OSAS . ITS NOT the fact they say JESUS saves and that we must BELIEVE IN HIM .
CAUSE I ALWAYS say that . ITS the FACT they omit HIS OWN TEACHINGS , HIS OWN WORDS which were meant
FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH . SOMETHING has went dead wrong . BIG TIME . i fear for many souls .
Heck even non osas folks attacked many of the teachings i brought RIGHT FROM JESUS .
MY advice has always been real simple and plain . GET IN THE BIBLE and LEARN IT FOR OURSELVES cause we got us
many decievers that roam about taking captive souls .
BUT this is one thing i have also noticed . I can back it by scripture too .
What is it i have always noticed . THE LAMBS DONT HEED THEM . THEY HEED JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS
and later the teachings the apostels left us in the bible . THEY JUST EAT AND SUP OF THEM WORDS .
Amen brother! The words need the Life which Jesus brought, the words quickened by the Holy Spirit so that what we have within is the Word of God.
Give God the glory!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After one recieved the spirit. And are assured that their eternal future is set in stone, and they have no worry about ever falling from God.

Then the person needs to find a more mature christian with which to start a discipleship relationship with.

Satan will try to attack the new believer, he wants him or her to doubt what they have, He needs to do it now more than ever, because this spiritual babe is at his or her weakest. Thats why it is important for them to find a mentor. Who can see the signs, and help to strengthen the person, This is also a time when the person needs to get in the word.. Just as knowledge of the word save them, Knowledge of the word is required to guide them.. The word is pure. People words are just thAt,, the babe needs to see that the word of God is trustworthy.

they also need to learn to test the spirit.

My discipleship group is open. I share the word. Then I encourage the men to question me, and not be afraid. If we have to we can go deeper. i also send them home and study what we went over, and if they have questions, bring them next time we meet (we meet once a week)

• Love

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discipleship is life-changing and results in spiritual growth
Its effects should be seen in our homes, workplaces, the churchs, and to the lost world.
Jesus showed his disciples how to minister, how to love people, and how to help meet their needs.

To mature in our faith and character, we have to learn to walk in the Spirit and obey biblical principles. This is where discipleship comes in.

Disciples are followers of Jesus, who learn from Him how to live, love, and lead others to Him. They are imitators of their Teacher, mimickers of their Master, the Lord Jesus.

Matthew 10:24
The disciple is not above
his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.

WE must NEVER think we can do this on our own or outside of Jesus; for without him we can do nothing!

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discipleship is life-changing and results in spiritual growth
Its effects should be seen in our homes, workplaces, the churchs, and to the lost world.
Jesus showed his disciples how to minister, how to love people, and how to help meet their needs.

To mature in our faith and character, we have to learn to walk in the Spirit and obey biblical principles. This is where discipleship comes in.

Disciples are followers of Jesus, who learn from Him how to live, love, and lead others to Him. They are imitators of their Teacher, mimickers of their Master, the Lord Jesus.

Matthew 10:24
The disciple is not above
his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.

WE must NEVER think we can do this on our own or outside of Jesus; for without him we can do nothing!
Thats right . Let all that has breath praise and thank the glorious Lord . Its the last hour .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the purpose of a disciple? To glorify God by going into all the world and giving out the gospel.
So if we want to be a disciple of Christ who brings God glory, we have to be in the word and in prayer, abiding in Him. Literally living in the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The only way to live for Christ is by living in Christ, led by the Spirit into the word that we may share with the spiritually dead a way to life!

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the purpose of a disciple? To glorify God by going into all the world and giving out the gospel.
So if we want to be a disciple of Christ who brings God glory, we have to be in the word and in prayer, abiding in Him. Literally living in the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The only way to live for Christ is by living in Christ, led by the Spirit into the word that we may share with the spiritually dead a way to life!
lets change a word . that we may share with the spiritually dead THE ONLY WAY to LIFE . now lift those hands and praise
the glorious King

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost is the messenger of God. We follow the spirit of God. Christ's words and direction are recorded in the bible. And we can do as instructed from what the bible describes. And to be more accurate in our walk we follow the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats right . Let all that has breath praise and thank the glorious Lord . Its the last hour .
Our time is short, whether we be 80 years old or only 20... Who is guaranteed a tomorrow?

Ps 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Mt 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Be careful to post the while conversation.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he whodoes the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have wenot prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

These are not believers, they are make believers. Who did many works, and even did them in Christs name. But they were never born again Proven by the fact Jesus said he never knew them.

• Love

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful to post the while conversation.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he whodoes the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have wenot prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

These are not believers, they are make believers. Who did many works, and even did them in Christs name. But they were never born again Proven by the fact Jesus said he never knew them.
Well the way I interpret that scripture is rather that they are trying to enter the kingdom of heaven from the miracles that God performed for them. Did any of them actually love and serve their brothers and sisters in Christ? Or obey the commandments? Did they love their brothers and sisters and God? The two great commandments?

God will ultimately decide who he saves, not us though.

And the Holy Ghost will teach us to love God and our brothers and sisters.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

We can stand on this surety, God does not lie; Therefore his truths are for our growth and perfection, equipping us through the study of and the leading of his Spirit, fully prepared to go.
Matthew 28:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen

Be a disciple, make a disciple by being a doer of the word as well as a hearer of the word.
James 1
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our time is short, whether we be 80 years old or only 20... Who is guaranteed a tomorrow?

Ps 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Mt 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
exactly my friend . this life is but a vapor . Many dont even make it to eighty . no man knows when his time is up .
We should simply live as though this be our last day , doing all for the LORD and having all hope on HIM .
FOR even when our TIME is up , THEN IT SHALL BE A GLORIOUS EVENT of pure JOY , WONDEROUS , WONDEROUS PEACE
and JOY forever with the KING . That is how much a lamb should fear death . THEY SHOULD NOT .
WHY , CAUSE JESUS HAS THEM . and though the body dies the SOUL DEPARTS TO THE KING WHO SAVED IT .
Hit the trenches . THIS IS the ONLY reason we are still here . TO POINT TOO and TO HONOR GOD
HIS CHRIST and to remind all about the great HOPE , the grace of GOD given us IN JESUS CHRIST . BELIEVE YE IN THE GLORIOUS LORD .
ONLY reason why we dont just depart the moment we hear and believe the gospel . CAUSE we are HERE TO POINT TO CHRIST
till one day our time BE UP . HIT the trenches . no man is too old to point to CHRIST . ITS JOY TO DO SO .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the way I interpret that scripture is rather that they are trying to enter the kingdom of heaven from the miracles that God performed for them. Did any of them actually love and serve their brothers and sisters in Christ? Or obey the commandments? Did they love their brothers and sisters and God? The two great commandments?

Indeed, who knows that he will be saved at the end of his course? Some may honestly believe that they know, but other than God who knows for certain? One day at the time and it is always today!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the Holy Ghost will teach us to love God and our brothers and sisters.
Many use that passage to prove salvation can be lost. It is not for that. it is descriptive of ALL who are born again.

Thats why we need to post the whole thing.. Many will come and use their good works and say that is why God should let them in. Jesus will say depart. HE NEVER KNEW THEM.

They did not do the will of God because they were never born again.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly my friend . this life is but a vapor . Many dont even make it to eighty . no man knows when his time is up .
We should simply live as though this be our last day , doing all for the LORD and having all hope on HIM .
FOR even when our TIME is up , THEN IT SHALL BE A GLORIOUS EVENT of pure JOY , WONDEROUS , WONDEROUS PEACE
and JOY forever with the KING . That is how much a lamb should fear death . THEY SHOULD NOT .
WHY , CAUSE JESUS HAS THEM . and though the body dies the SOUL DEPARTS TO THE KING WHO SAVED IT .
Hit the trenches . THIS IS the ONLY reason we are still here . TO POINT TOO and TO HONOR GOD
HIS CHRIST and to remind all about the great HOPE , the grace of GOD given us IN JESUS CHRIST . BELIEVE YE IN THE GLORIOUS LORD .
ONLY reason why we dont just depart the moment we hear and believe the gospel . CAUSE we are HERE TO POINT TO CHRIST
till one day our time BE UP . HIT the trenches . no man is too old to point to CHRIST . ITS JOY TO DO SO .
Amen! Thats why we should continue to run the race, and never think we have made it. God always has things for us to do. We never know when our time is up and we are done

Status
Not open for further replies.