• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a lifelong journey if one wants to be with God in his heavenly estate.

We start at salvation, the very principle of Christ ; our forgiveness. However this is not where we stop. If all we have is this only, then to remain a babe on the milk of the word of God does a disservice to the sacrifice made. We must move into discipleship in our faith.

Hebrews 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Titus 2:
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to ALL MEN,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Hebrews 6.
1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

By leaving the principle of our being saved, moving forward, we must then search out by the prayerful reading and study of the word to gain the knowledge of the doctrines of God to grow thereby.

Colossians 1:
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

2 Peter 3 18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

The O. T. Is given for our example, our encouragement, our vision of seeing the great God we serve, whom in times past was ever present for those who called upon his name. As believers we live under the N. T. given by grace through faith to whosoever will accept his gift offering. In so accepting we must grow spiritually in this grace increasing our stature and faith in the Holy Spirit.

Romans 5:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

This is my prayer also the same as Paul's unto us all.
Ephesians 4:
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Let's us all move into our discipleship with joy, looking for the perfecting of the saints, abounding in grace.

Reactions: Debp and amadeus

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From salvation to the last Amen:
Revelation 22:20./21
... He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. AMEN.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How far must one Go?

Jesus gave us that answer

1. You must be born again

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

2. You must acknowledge you are Lost, without hope, dead. And your only Hope is God.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up

The people had to look to the serpent. Because they were lost. Hopeless, dead If they did not look up. Only those who repented and in faith looked lived, those who did not. Met the end they were headed to, which was death. And just as they had to look up. So do we. Only we are looking at Christ.

3. They must believe that God will save them, Not only this, they must believe what God promises. All of it..

15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

This includes not only believing that God will save you from death, but that you will never die, and you will live forever.

4. They must Believe God did not come to judge, as religion says, but to save

17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

5. God has seperated everyone into to camps. The believers and the unbelievers.The believer has passed from death to life and will not be judged (see also John 5)

the unbeliever is still in a condemned state, and if that is not resolved, like those who were bitten and refused to look up who died. These people will die also. God calls it the second death

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That is as far as we have to go. Sadly, it hurts our pride. It is the hardest thing we will ever do. Because we have to acknowledge we are so evil that God himself had to pay the price for our sin.

Thats why religion is so easy, because we need things we can see. Not things we can not see.

To give it all to God takes faith. In the unseen.. ansd believing his promises. All of them

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is on discipleship, moving forward from the principle of salvation.
Clear if one reads the OP, only unclear if one wants to sound their own brass.

Please refrain from messing up another thread to promote self assuredness. Thanks

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a lifelong journey if one wants to be with God in his heavenly estate.
if this thread is about discipleship.why would the op say if we want to be in heaven, we must have this lifelong journey.

Discipleship is christian growth, its not about getting to heaven

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if this thread is about discipleship.why would the op say if we want to be in heaven, we must have this lifelong journey.

Discipleship is christian growth, its not about getting to heaven
Did you bother to read the thread?
"This is a lifelong journey if one wants to be with God in his heavenly estate."
Or did you just read to here and not comprehend?
What do you suppose a lifelong journey is ?
D. I. S. C. I . P . L. E . S. H . I. P.
I do not believe in OSAS so I do not think salvation is the end but is the beginning in a believers life ! A lifelong walk, not just in word but in growing and living that growth out !

Reactions: amadeus

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you bother to read the thread?
"This is a lifelong journey if one wants to be with God in his heavenly estate."
Or did you just read to here and not comprehend?
What do you suppose a lifelong journey is ?
D. I. S. C. I . P . L. E . S. H . I. P.
I do not believe in OSAS so I do not think salvation is the end but is the beginning in a believers life ! A lifelong walk, not just in word but in growing and living that growth out !
Theen you just proved my point, Yes I read your thread. And I understood everything you said.

Eternal life is a one time event, Whether you believe in OSAS or not is not the question. I believe many people Hate OSAS because they hate calvinism. I do not know if this is your reason or not.

OSAS is a "named" doctrine of calvinism, which teaches that God chose certain people for heaven and certain for hell. and free will is not a part of it. I reject this doctrine myself.

However, to say salvation is not eternal. to say Jesus lied when he said multiple times we who believe will NEVER die, we will LIVE FOREVER, and we WILL be raised. is just going from one extreme to the other. it is the lifelong calvin vs arminian debate.

Lets move to the word. Not doctrines of two men who started a war between churches.

As Jesus said in John 3 (as I showed) Those who believes will NEVER DIE. they will live forever.

Discipleship is about living our your salvation or your new birth, your new creation. It is christian growth

Not everyone will become like Paul and the apostles..

Many will sadly be the babe in Christ who when their works are Tried by fire, they have nothing to show for it, because their works were wood hay and straw.. But even they will be saved, even as through fire.

I would love to discuss discipleship with you, but unfortunately, until we get the "born again" aspect clear. there is no need to discuss what happens what happens after a child is born again into the royal family of God.

• Love

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christs:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

To mature, to grow in the knowledge and Spirit of God is walking forward in our discipleship to him, for the edification of the body of Christ.

Luke 14:27 - And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Bearing our cross is partaking in the afflictions and suffering of Christ for his name sake. Whether it be by persecution of men or accusations and temptations of devils.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we need to earn our salvation by bearing our cross. This is no different than the other thread where someone says we must abide in christ.

There are to many I’s in this equation.

The pharisee says, I did this, I did that I I I.. and praised God and cursed the tax collector who says YOU…

its not about what i do. I can not do anything to earn salvation. Or earn my way to heaven.

its about what Christ did on the cross. And his promises..

when people mix justification with sanctification and say that one‘s justification depends on how sanctified they become. We lost track of the great salvation God gave us through his son.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we need to earn our salvation by bearing our cross. This is no different than the other thread where someone says we must abide in christ.

There are to many I’s in this equation.

The pharisee says, I did this, I did that I I I.. and praised God and cursed the tax collector who says YOU…

its not about what i do. I can not do anything to earn salvation. Or earn my way to heaven.

its about what Christ did on the cross. And his promises..

when people mix justification with sanctification and say that one‘s justification depends on how sanctified they become. We lost track of the great salvation God gave us through his son.
You do you EG, I'll follow the word of God. Please refrain from addressing any of my post, now or future. If you persist then you become just an agitator.
You are on ignore.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How far must you go to go to heaven? Jesus already instructed someone in the matter if you want to do something that will lead to heaven:

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 19:16-30 - New King James Version

Matthew 19:16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” 20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How far must you go to go to heaven? Jesus already instructed someone in the matter if you want to do something that will lead to heaven:

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 19:16-30 - New King James Version

Matthew 19:16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” 20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
That is correct. We must be willing in heart, mind and all to give up the things we hold dear as treasures.
Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Following Christ is not some fluff or one & done thing but it must be our very lives submitted and submerged fully into him.

We cannot give parts to God that require no sacrifice, but in denying ourselves we follow him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct. We must be willing in heart, mind and all to give up the things we hold dear as treasures.
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Following Christ is not some fluff or one & done thing but it must be our very lives submitted and submerged fully into him.

We cannot give parts to God that require no sacrifice, but in denying ourselves we follow him.
This is what most DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE .
Allow me some parting words . Many can claim to believe the gospel and yet THEY DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST .
IF we believe not The author of salvation then our faith is dead , our hope is in men , our trust is in men , and men cannot save us .
MANY do not want to beleive what JESUS himself said . THEY want rather to believe in an acroynm .
NOT JESUS , nor his warnings or his reminders , but an acryonm . WELL the devils believe too but dont expect to see the devils
in the KINGDOM OF GOD . Many claim to believe the gospel that saves but dont BELEIVE THE WORDS OF THAT SAVOIR .
AND THAT IS PROOF their trust is not IN HIM but in men . That is a major problem
cause many cannot save , JESUS CAN , but if one heeds HIM NOT they WONT MAKE IT , now will they .
And satan knows that too . Little children , FOLLOW JESUS , HEED ALL THINGS HE TAUGHT , HE CAN KEEP US SAFE
but if any heeds him not , They know HIM NOT . FOR THE SPIRIT would have reminded us
OF ALL , not just things that agree with our golden bull acryonm , BUT ALL THINGS JESUS SAID . WE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM
folks be trusting in men . and men cannot save . JESUS CAN . TRUST IN HIM , TRUST IN HIS EVERY WORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do you EG, I'll follow the word of God. Please refrain from addressing any of my post, now or future. If you persist then you become just an agitator.
You are on ignore.
Years back when i was on the orginal CF and on WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUMS
i used to make lots of posts .
Now watch this . I didnt say one word for or against OSAS .
WHAT I DID was simply remind folks about WHAT JESUS taught .
YET MANY OSAS folks came on trying so hard to attack the reminders . THAT IS A MAJOR RED FLAG PROBLEM .
IF we claim JESUS saves but we go after HIS OWN TEACHINGS , twisting them and omitting them to suit our own belief ,
THEN WE HAVE LEARNED WRONG . BIG TIME WRONG .
That has always been my problem with OSAS . ITS NOT the fact they say JESUS saves and that we must BELIEVE IN HIM .
CAUSE I ALWAYS say that . ITS the FACT they omit HIS OWN TEACHINGS , HIS OWN WORDS which were meant
FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH . SOMETHING has went dead wrong . BIG TIME . i fear for many souls .
Heck even non osas folks attacked many of the teachings i brought RIGHT FROM JESUS .
MY advice has always been real simple and plain . GET IN THE BIBLE and LEARN IT FOR OURSELVES cause we got us
many decievers that roam about taking captive souls .
BUT this is one thing i have also noticed . I can back it by scripture too .
What is it i have always noticed . THE LAMBS DONT HEED THEM . THEY HEED JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS
and later the teachings the apostels left us in the bible . THEY JUST EAT AND SUP OF THEM WORDS .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allow me some parting words . Many can claim to believe the gospel and yet THEY DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST .
IF we believe not The author of salvation then our faith is dead , our hope is in men , our trust is in men , and men cannot save us .
MANY do not want to beleive what JESUS himself said . THEY want rather to believe in an acroynm .
NOT JESUS , nor his warnings or his reminders , but an acryonm . WELL the devils believe too but dont expect to see the devils
in the KINGDOM OF GOD . Many claim to believe the gospel that saves but dont BELEIVE THE WORDS OF THAT SAVOIR .
AND THAT IS PROOF their trust is not IN HIM but in men . That is a major problem
cause many cannot save , JESUS CAN , but if one heeds HIM NOT they WONT MAKE IT , now will they .
And satan knows that too . Little children , FOLLOW JESUS , HEED ALL THINGS HE TAUGHT , HE CAN KEEP US SAFE
but if any heeds him not , They know HIM NOT . FOR THE SPIRIT would have reminded us
OF ALL , not just things that agree with our golden bull acryonm , BUT ALL THINGS JESUS SAID . WE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM
folks be trusting in men . and men cannot save . JESUS CAN . TRUST IN HIM , TRUST IN HIS EVERY WORD .
Amen.
John 8:
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth, shall make you free.

Too many today want the easy way which is why we have the false acronyms, the easy believism, hyper-grace believers, ect. It cost to follow Christ ! Few are willing to give all.

Now mind you, it is not instant but the Spirit helps us work through the things unbecoming to believers, hence sanctification is a process whereby we grow " in Christ" .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
John 8:
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth, shall make you free.

Too many today want the easy way which is why we have the false acronyms, the easy believism, hyper-grace believers, ect. It cost to follow Christ ! Few are willing to give all.

Now mind you, it is not instant but the Spirit helps us work through the things unbecoming to believers, hence sanctification is a process whereby we grow " in Christ" .
After time well spent in the scriptures which by the grace of GOD formed in me , i came , or should say was LED TOO
by the grace of GOD , this ONE HUGE CONCLUSION .
I have seen there will be a cost indeed to serve JESUS CHRIST . And that this cost will cost me all ..........
This world has only grown in hatred against me , and i know where this is leading .
I fully believe the laws will continue to change and that in time
we stand a heavy chance of even being put in camps and even killed . Words WILL become actions .
AND I SEE IT ALL AS GAIN FOR JESUS CHRIST . IT JUST DONT MATTER TO ME what i have to lose to WIN CHRIST .
ALL THAT MATTERS IS WE HAVE THE GLORIOUS LORD and HE IS OUR HOPE and OUR SALVATION .
COUNT THE COST . AND SEE ALL LOSS as only gain for CHRIST . The mind that has no hope in this life or this world
BUT WHOSE HOPE IS IN THE LORD ALONE , HAS GREAT PEACE .
FOR it simply dont matter what cometh against it , IF IT SUFFERS FOR JESUS , IT WINS
and our faith will only increase , IF WE LOSE houses , monies , are on the run FOR JESUS SAKE
HE WILL BE WITH US and we have lost NOTHING but rather have gained more patience .
AND IF WE DIE for HIM , HECK WE ARE PRESENT WITH HIM . WE WIN SISTER . WE WIN .
And that kind of mind WONT BE MOVED no matter what comes against it . CAUSE THAT MIND IS STAYED UPON
and HAS ONLY HOPE IN THE LORD . TImes will get much worse and very very fast too sister .
BUT , JESUS HAS THE VICTORY and no matter what we face , WE WIN FOR HE HAS WON . DEATH SHALL BE SWALLOWED UP
in VICTORY . NOW HIT THE TRENCHES and PRAISE THE KING .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are on ignore.
How did I know I would see this. Hiw did I know this is where you would go? From another thread

Which denominations or churches teach, preach and believe OSAS ?
Perseverance of the Saints - "Once Saved, Always Saved" (a common expression, with the relative acronym OSAS): a doctrine of Calvinist conceptions (and of Free Grace Protestant conceptions) of the Protestant Christian faith.
Boom!!!!

Thank you for showing me I was right. And by the way. Don’t accuse me of following doctrines of men, when you do that very thing yourself. If you do not want to discuss the word of God and anyone who disagrees with you. Thats on you. But don;t falsly accuse me!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From what I've experienced, when we are born of the spirit our hearts change and we desire God's ways. I'm not sure it's so much self sacrifice as it is a new birth into a spiritual person. I know some people describe self sacrifice. And I do see that in helping others when we are already poor. Or when we don't speak up for ourselves in meekness and in humble approach to the proud.

• Love
Reactions: Debp and L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so you are with her and think that we have to earn our salvation?

lol. This is not about a licentious gospel or as some call easy or hyper grace, my friend, They are just as lost as a legalist.

Please do not feed the legalist..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years back when i was on the orginal CF and on WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUMS
i used to make lots of posts .
Now watch this . I didnt say one word for or against OSAS .
WHAT I DID was simply remind folks about WHAT JESUS taught .
YET MANY OSAS folks came on trying so hard to attack the reminders . THAT IS A MAJOR RED FLAG PROBLEM .
IF we claim JESUS saves but we go after HIS OWN TEACHINGS , twisting them and omitting them to suit our own belief ,
THEN WE HAVE LEARNED WRONG . BIG TIME WRONG .
That has always been my problem with OSAS . ITS NOT the fact they say JESUS saves and that we must BELIEVE IN HIM .
CAUSE I ALWAYS say that . ITS the FACT they omit HIS OWN TEACHINGS , HIS OWN WORDS which were meant
FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH . SOMETHING has went dead wrong . BIG TIME . i fear for many souls .
Heck even non osas folks attacked many of the teachings i brought RIGHT FROM JESUS .
MY advice has always been real simple and plain . GET IN THE BIBLE and LEARN IT FOR OURSELVES cause we got us
many decievers that roam about taking captive souls .
BUT this is one thing i have also noticed . I can back it by scripture too .
What is it i have always noticed . THE LAMBS DONT HEED THEM . THEY HEED JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS
and later the teachings the apostels left us in the bible . THEY JUST EAT AND SUP OF THEM WORDS .
This is not about OSAS, its about the promise of God

Did God say you will never die and HAVE eternal life (eternal security) or did he not.

Perseverance of the saints is a false doctrine. We do not persevere. God keeps us.. Calvinism is in error.

why do people not want to discuss the word?

Status
Not open for further replies.