How Far Will They Go Before Action is Taken?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches closed?

My local church has been gathering together since this started. yeah it might be on Zoom. But my church never closed

Church is not a building. That's the mistake of the traditional church, they think it is a place you meet on Sunday and maybe wed night prayer meeting. Where you sing some hymns and listen to a 20 minute sermonette Shake hands and tell everyone you will see them next Sunday (or wed)

Church is a body of believers, I think people need to look at the book of Acts. They will see, the church of acts looks nothing like the Traditional churches we have seen for the past centuries..

As for leaving baby mills open. You have the liberals to thank for that. They need to buy a few voters.

I see your one that will never understand, Church is more than just people it is a building just like the Temple in Jerusalem in the OT. I absolutely hate when evangelicals act like Church doesn't mean anymore than people, that is the most stupid idea ever generated. Bucko your Church closed and your freedoms are gone but I can see you don't give a s... Your on ignore

R

Rita

I see your one that will never understand, Church is more than just people it is a building just like the Temple in Jerusalem in the OT. I absolutely hate when evangelicals act like Church doesn't mean anymore than people, that is the most stupid idea ever generated. Bucko your Church closed and your freedoms are gone but I can see you don't give a s... Your on ignore
It’s actually what the bible teaches - ‘ church ‘ is the people , the New Testament Christians didn’t meet ‘ in the temple in Jerusalem ‘ - that was where the Jews met..........
So your ‘ most stupid idea ever generated ‘......better take that up with Jesus then, because he was the one that started it !!
Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it is important for many to ‘ actually meet ‘ together, and of course it is not the same meeting visually on line - I find it kind of sad that many are totally dependent on the place they meet. Many things in life can lead us to be confined somewhere, in hospital, at home due to illness, disabilities, care homes when we get older........ I would much rather know that I am connected with others in the Jesus Kingdom no matter where I am , than presume that I can only really meet in a building made of bricks.
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church is not a building

That’s what is wrong with the church, they think it is a place, it’s not, the church be definition is a gathering, people do not have to gather in a temple or extravagant building, the NT people met in each other’s homes, they gathered together on the streets, and yes, at times they gathered together in the jewish meeting place, but that was not the norm.

church is not going to a building on Sunday and experiencing the same theatrical production week after week, that was never the intended function of church

Reactions: amadeus and Rita

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s actually what the bible teaches - ‘ church ‘ is the people , the New Testament Christians didn’t meet ‘ in the temple in Jerusalem ‘ - that was where the Jews met..........
So your ‘ most stupid idea ever generated ‘......better take that up with Jesus then, because he was the one that started it !!

Not true, by the time of Revelation there were Churches and they weren't just people but buildings, period. The idea that Church is just people is a modern idea tat evangelicals started and nothing more than a very bad idea. Christ didn't start people and than say do whatever, He started a Church people, building, and all just like He did in the OT with the Jews. God never abandoned the Church as a building and people not one or the other, evangelicals did the abandoning just as they abandoned God in the Eucharist.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true, by the time of Revelation there were Churches and they weren't just people but buildings, period. The idea that Church is just people is a modern idea tat evangelicals started and nothing more than a very bad idea. Christ didn't start people and than say do whatever, He started a Church people, building, and all just like He did in the OT with the Jews. God never abandoned the Church as a building and people not one or the other, evangelicals did the abandoning just as they abandoned God in the Eucharist.
The church at Ephesus was not a building it was a community of believers in the city of Ephesus, or whatever city they belonged to