How Former Believers Are Still Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered about a former believer that would wind up denying Him about how He is abiding in them still 100% of the time? Unless they look to Him for help to see the lies that turned them away from Him, they are at risk of being denied by the Bridegroom when He comes and they get left behind, but yet He abides in them still. That is why we are still to call them to depart from iniquity so that they may obtain the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus of being that vessel unto honor in His House, the vessel of gold & silver, to be received by the Bridegroom, rather than denied by the Bridegroom for being in iniquity & left behind to die, only to be resurrected after the great tribulation as being that vessel unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, to serve the King of kings on earth.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So a believer may not be abiding in Him 100% of the time, but He is abiding in us 100% of the time because we are always Spirit-filled since salvation as a testimony from God that we are saved.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Remember this promise from Jesus below?

Matthew 5: 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

This was fulfilled when any sinner comes to & believe in Jesus Christ for why they will never hunger nor thirst again to be filled with the Spirit after salvation.

John 6: 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So the question to ask others isn't really about if they are in Him 99 % of the time, but if they know they are complete in Christ since salvation since having come to & believed in Him?

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

With Him in us 100% of the time, there is only running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us to abide in Him & His words in following Him by laying aside every weight & sin daily in walking in the light fellowship with the Father & the Son.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Did you know you were complete in Christ 100 % of the time since you had come to & believed in Him at the calling of the gospel?

Matthew 12: 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hebrews 12:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. ... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered about a former believer that would wind up denying Him about how He is abiding in them still 100% of the time? Unless they look to Him for help to see the lies that turned them away from Him, they are at risk of being denied by the Bridegroom when He comes and they get left behind, but yet He abides in them still. That is why we are still to call them to depart from iniquity so that they may obtain the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus of being that vessel unto honor in His House, the vessel of gold & silver, to be received by the Bridegroom, rather than denied by the Bridegroom for being in iniquity & left behind to die, only to be resurrected after the great tribulation as being that vessel unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, to serve the King of kings on earth.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So a believer may not be abiding in Him 100% of the time, but He is abiding in us 100% of the time because we are always Spirit-filled since salvation as a testimony from God that we are saved.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Remember this promise from Jesus below?

Matthew 5: 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

This was fulfilled when any sinner comes to & believe in Jesus Christ for why they will never hunger nor thirst again to be filled with the Spirit after salvation.

John 6: 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So the question to ask others isn't really about if they are in Him 99 % of the time, but if they know they are complete in Christ since salvation since having come to & believed in Him?

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

With Him in us 100% of the time, there is only running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us to abide in Him & His words in following Him by laying aside every weight & sin daily in walking in the light fellowship with the Father & the Son.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Did you know you were complete in Christ 100 % of the time since you had come to & believed in Him at the calling of the gospel?

Matthew 12: 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hebrews 12:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. ... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

There are a couple of things that come to mind Chris, Jesus said very clearly that the treasures we stored up in heaven can never be destroyed. Another Scripture points out that God does not forget what we did for His name Heb 6:10. The bad thing is that if Jesus returns tomorrow, those who are not obeying the gospel, are to be destroyed 2 Thes 1:8,9 So it appears that it would be best to continue to serve God in the way He desires us to, for eternity. The keys are in Jesus' hands as the judging has been delegated to him. Again on a positive note, not one individual will be destroyed that is righteous. Remember Abraham's pleading with God about destroying the righteous along with the wicked?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a couple of things that come to mind Chris, Jesus said very clearly that the treasures we stored up in heaven can never be destroyed.

That does not negate believers when they err by loving their treasures & their lives on earth more than Him that they would not want to leave. Luke 14:15-24

That is why we are instructed to have our hearts sets on their treasures above.

Another Scripture points out that God does not forget what we did for His name Heb 6:10. The bad thing is that if Jesus returns tomorrow, those who are not obeying the gospel, are to be destroyed 2 Thes 1:8,9 So it appears that it would be best to continue to serve God in the way He desires us to, for eternity. The keys are in Jesus' hands as the judging has been delegated to him. Again on a positive note, not one individual will be destroyed that is righteous. Remember Abraham's pleading with God about destroying the righteous along with the wicked?

Many believers are led astray by the false science the evolution theory. There is even a local pastor whose son at one time had told me at work that his father does not believe in God any more because of the evolution theory, even though he is still preaching from the pulpit.

I left a book of the Collapse of Evolution by Scott M. Huse at his house anonymously, but it is on God to cause the increase.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not negate believers when they err by loving their treasures & their lives on earth more than Him that they would not want to leave. Luke 14:15-24

That is why we are instructed to have our hearts sets on their treasures above.

Many believers are led astray by the false science the evolution theory. There is even a local pastor whose son at one time had told me at work that his father does not believe in God any more because of the evolution theory, even though he is still preaching from the pulpit.

I left a book of the Collapse of Evolution by Scott M. Huse at his house anonymously, but it is on God to cause the increase.

Although not the judge, I agree with you scripturally, that is why I answered the way I did. The best way is to recognize God's people and go with them therefore extinguishing any doubt about the future Zech 8:23

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although not the judge, I agree with you scripturally, that is why I answered the way I did. The best way is to recognize God's people and go with them therefore extinguishing any doubt about the future Zech 8:23

@mailmandan @Ernest T. Bass

There is another fold of sheep that did not follow His voice but a stranger's voice, hence tongues without interpretation, and so assumed for private use and following a stranger's voice as gained by climbing up another way; John 10:1-5

Those that went astray are His sheep for why He MUST bring them ( note verse 16 of John 10:14-16 ) for He shall lose none of all the Father has given Him ( John 6:37-40 ), even though they be left behind. One can contend that in John 6:37, Jesus said He will not cast out, but excommunication is not disavowing them as saved, but for not being ready as found abiding in Him & His words as His disciples to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven which is to be held in sincerity and in truth with no wickedness among them 1 Corinthians 5:4-13

So John 10:16 are not of the fold that follow His voice but a stranger's voice for why He must bring those sheep that went astray as they will be resurrected after the great tribulation when Jesus has come to establish His 1000 year reign on earth and they will literally hear His voice as the King of kings and be of the one fold & one Shepherd too.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God believed in us. That's why he sent himself as the son of man and deliver his good news of his gifts of grace and faith, that we may be saved.
God believed in us. And believed we were to die for. I'm absolutely certain he knows whom he has saved and their sins are under the blood. We can never taste that heavenly gift and not believe. We may lose faith, we may think God has abandoned us in our darkest times because prayer never seems to make the troubles cease. However, I don't believe God stops believing we were worth it. And I don't believe he gifted us his grace through faith and was clueless as to our future should we lose faith one day.

Salvation is either eternal or it is not. God made the choice it was eternal. I don't think we can choose to make it not.
God is the glory!

I think there are way too many people in our community who think to judge on behalf of God as to who is and is not saved. Who is or is not qualified to identify as Christian.

That's arrogance. And that's sin. Those who are in Christ don't make a habit of sinning. If they do, they have never known him.

Make it stop.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God believed in us. That's why he sent himself as the son of man and deliver his good news of his gifts of grace and faith, that we may be saved.
God believed in us. And believed we were to die for.

Not sure where you can get that from scripture. There is something in scripture that testify that God did not put His confidence nor trust in man.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

I'm absolutely certain he knows whom he has saved and their sins are under the blood. We can never taste that heavenly gift and not believe. We may lose faith, we may think God has abandoned us in our darkest times because prayer never seems to make the troubles cease. However, I don't believe God stops believing we were worth it. And I don't believe he gifted us his grace through faith and was clueless as to our future should we lose faith one day.

Former believers are still saved per 2 Timothy 2:10-13 & an example of a former believer in verse 18 for why they are still called to depart from iniquity in 2 Timothy 2:18-21.

Some will depart from faith in giving heed to seducing spirits & doctrines of devils, 1 Timothy 4:1 & yet although we are not to hold fellowship with them per 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 but not to treat them as the enemy but admonish them as brothers 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15, we can still do outreach ministry to those snared by the devil as being held captive to do his will ( 2 Tmothy 2:24-26 ) like speaking in tongues for self edification rather than by scripture 2 Timothy 2:15-17 .

Salvation is either eternal or it is not. God made the choice it was eternal. I don't think we can choose to make it not.
God is the glory!

I think there are way too many people in our community who think to judge on behalf of God as to who is and is not saved. Who is or is not qualified to identify as Christian.

That's arrogance. And that's sin. Those who are in Christ don't make a habit of sinning. If they do, they have never known him.

Make it stop.

Jesus is warning believers to be ready or else. Luke 12:40-49 & note verse 6 in John 15:1-8

Church is to excommunicate an unrepentant believer to not even eat with them per 1 Corinthians 5:4-13 so will God do for the Marriage supper in Heaven.

That does not mean those cut off as castaways are unsaved, but they are "cursed" as damned to become vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, that can never be the vessels unto honor, the vessels of gold & silver that live forever like the angels, but eventually, they will live forever after the Great White Throne Judgment when death & hell is cast into the lake of fire forever as I understand this by His grace so far.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure where you can get that from scripture. There is something in scripture that testify that God did not put His confidence nor trust in man.
I believe John 3:16 disagrees .

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Former believers are still saved per 2 Timothy 2:10-13 & an example of a former believer in verse 18 for why they are still called to depart from iniquity in 2 Timothy 2:18-21.

Some will depart from faith in giving heed to seducing spirits & doctrines of devils, 1 Timothy 4:1 & yet although we are not to hold fellowship with them per 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 but not to treat them as the enemy but admonish them as brothers 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15, we can still do outreach ministry to those snared by the devil as being held captive to do his will ( 2 Tmothy 2:24-26 ) like speaking in tongues for self edification rather than by scripture 2 Timothy 2:15-17 .

Jesus is warning believers to be ready or else. Luke 12:40-49 & note verse 6 in John 15:1-8

Church is to excommunicate an unrepentant believer to not even eat with them per 1 Corinthians 5:4-13 so will God do for the Marriage supper in Heaven.

That does not mean those cut off as castaways are unsaved, but they are "cursed" as damned to become vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, that can never be the vessels unto honor, the vessels of gold & silver that live forever like the angels, but eventually, they will live forever after the Great White Throne Judgment when death & hell is cast into the lake of fire forever as I understand this by His grace so far.
Isaiah 53.
If I am healed by his wounds and I would then lose faith am I no longer healed? Is my choice to lose faith something stronger than God's conviction and love for me, whom he died to save eternally and seal forever?
No.

That's me. I'm not intending to convince anyone to believe what God said himself.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe John 3:16 disagrees .

What was written in John 3:16 that testify of God believing in man? All I see is wat happens to a sinner that believes in Jesus' they get saved.

Isaiah 53.
If I am healed by his wounds and I would then lose faith am I no longer healed? Is my choice to lose faith something stronger than God's conviction and love for me, whom he died to save eternally and seal forever?
No.

That's me. I'm not intending to convince anyone to believe what God said himself.

Those who were not found abiding in him & His words but in iniquity by the time the Bridegroom comes, they will be denied by Him for being workers of iniquity per Luke 13:24-30 but ....

but.. though left behind, they are still saved and are the least in the kingdom of heaven ( Matthew 5:19 ) as vessels unto dishonor in His House.

That foundation cannot be removed ( 2 Timothy 2:18-19 )and neither can that seal of adoption ( Ephesians 4:30 ) but He is coming to judge His House first 1 Peter 4:17 and this is how He will judge in that day verse 13 of 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 how the physical body dies but spirit saved.