How God teaches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well what did Paul think of it all,

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

What is "IT?"

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will boast of my humility. Not a good idea but when others are proud of their spirituality that is all I can do.
If I was that spiritual, than I would be walking on water. And as of today I still havnt.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Valuable not really, just read to pass teh time, the only thing that is valuable is what we learn from God, everything else just fills up the empty spaces in my brain.
Oh! you have got one have you? I was beginning to wonder.

Reactions: bbyrd009

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So do I, and on that note I need to go and reflect on some notes I made during a sermon I was listening to earlier today on Noah and the flood, and about sacrifice xxx
Rita
Did you know that he was Noah use to anyone that is why God chose him?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Rita
R

Rita

Valuable not really, just read to pass teh time, the only thing that is valuable is what we learn from God, everything else just fills up the empty spaces in my brain.
That says a lot - So you don’t appreciate the testimony and knowledge that God has given to others over the generations that has enabled us to ‘ hear ‘ from him in so many ways. Sorry MJH , but I find that kind of sad.
Rita

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only need faith of a mustard seed, everything in Gods time, patients a hardest thing to learn from God.
As you haven't walked on water you obviously haven't got far on that one. And what has hospital patients got to do with it?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That says a lot - So you don’t appreciate the testimony and knowledge that God has given to others over the generations that has enabled us to ‘ hear ‘ from him in so many ways. Sorry MJH , but I find that kind of sad.
Rita

The truth is it is Really, Really sad. A bit like saying I want to be a mechanic but I am not going to spend time learning how to fix cars from trained mechanics. After all, what do they know?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read books to, learned about Israel, the crusades, the popes, but I would far rather spend my time at the feet of Jesus learning from Him.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

View attachment 10115

I don't now where you got your picture from but there are two mistakes in it. Jesus did not have long hair and the girl in his lap would not be blonde.

R

Rita

The truth is it is Really, Really sad. A bit like saying I want to be a mechanic but I am not going to spend time learning how to fix cars from trained mechanics. After all, what do they know?
I do understand what MJH means about the most important things is what we learn from the Lord, but I just find it hard to relate to not valuing other things , perhaps on a lesser degree , in the process of that learning. Rita

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do understand what MJH means about the most important things is what we learn from the Lord, but I just find it hard to relate to not valuing other things , perhaps on a lesser degree , in the process of that learning. Rita
I thank God for anything that can improve my walk with the Lord and my understanding of how it all works.

Reactions: Rita

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rita
I have spoken and know some who do, and I value there insite, but you can only know Jesus by Jesus.
We have Christ we have God we have His Spirit, all that Jesus and God did for man, but they are the last that men turn to, but in the days to come when man and religion cant fix teh problems there will be no where else to go,

For all Paul had once he found Jesus, Jesus was all He wanted to know, he had teh better part.

luke 7:31 And the Lord said, To what then shall I compare the men of this generation? And to what are they like?
32 They are like children sitting in a market and calling to one another, and saying, We have played the flute to you, and you have not danced; we have mourned to you, and you did not weep.
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, He has a demon.
34 The Son of man has come eating and drinking, and you say, Behold a gluttonous man and a winebibber, a friend of tax-collectors and sinners!
35 But wisdom has been justified by all her children.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one come to God to learn of Him, HE takes you right back to crawling, one must crawl before one can stand, one must stand before one can walk, and one must walk before one can run.

But who is willing to empty themselves of them selves to forget that 20 30 40 years of study to go to God and start form the beginning, because a vessel filled with mud has not place for God

Empty cup

When you come to the end of your self, than you will be teachable.

Who is willing??
I am.

I hit the reset button about 7 years ago.

I don't want any of extraBiblical doctrines or creeds anymore.

I want perfect Biblical truth or nothing.

It took alot to make this change, but well worth it.

I might just be saved for doing it now.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am.

I hit the reset button about 7 years ago.

I don't want any of extraBiblical doctrines or creeds anymore.

I want perfect Biblical truth or nothing.

It took alot to make this change, but well worth it.

I might just be saved for doing it now.
That's like me. I've read lot's of books, but I don't time for too many books anymore, any time I have available for reading, I only want the Bible.

Books are fine, I don't have a problem with people writing or reading books, I only hope they are accurate and useful. It's just that for me, well, it's like trying to go back to a moped after getting used to a Harley Davidson.

Much love!