How God teaches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God.

Isn't it nice to always use the Bible as our lone guide and source?

I used to enjoy commentary, but not anymore.

I just think the more man speaks, the higher the percentage of fiction they say.
The thing of it is . . . the more I read the Bible, the more I find that as I'm reading one passage, one or two others come to mind, and the Bible Always seems to shed more light on itself. The Holy Spirit, really, I think! The Bible truly is it's own best commentary.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
MJH - I do agree that anyone can lead someone down a wrong path, that’s if you read and don’t discern what you are reading. If you just blindly follow someone else's thought process without questioning. I must admit when I first came to faith that is exactly what I tended to do. Without even realising it I started to evaluate things for myself, but that doesn’t mean that those early years were Irrelevant as God used that group of people and circumstances to bring me to faith.
So, I do agree that their needs to be openness to make the effort to not just ‘ follow ‘ because it’s easier and doesn’t require any effort on our part - isn’t that what ‘ religion ‘ does.
Surrender demands effort, so I do agree about the willingness, but I still hold with the fact that it doesn’t just all fit into place when that willingness is there, it is a starting point of learning from the Lord. It certainly doesn’t mean that others cannot be used to reveal a truth to us or lead us into a deeper relationship with the Lord.
Rita
Hi @Rita It is indeed good for the believer to know the work of the Holy Spirit Who guides us into all truth: "...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." (John 16.13).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi @Rita It is indeed good for the believer to know the work of the Holy Spirit Who guides us into all truth: "...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." (John 16.13).
wadr knowing of it is pointless if we will not hear tho eh

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing of it is . . . the more I read the Bible, the more I find that as I'm reading one passage, one or two others come to mind, and the Bible Always seems to shed more light on itself. The Holy Spirit, really, I think! The Bible truly is it's own best commentary.

Much love!
Amen.

We may need someone to explain things to us(generally at first), but after years of reading it, it seems to suddenly come together without outside explanation.

This is becoming a first century disciple, rather than a modern disciple.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry For offending-each to their own. You are well within your rights to disagree, of course...:) Not a big fan of casting crowns either- (relate to image of Mary at feet of Jesus)

But, I would expect the same from you or any believer
There's one of their songs I like a lot . . .

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry For offending-each to their own. You are well within your rights to disagree, of course...:) Not a big fan of casting crowns either- (relate to image of Mary at feet of Jesus)

But, I would expect the same from you or any believer

Keep in mind, Byrd is into stuff like Talking Heads. And that's because he is a little bit "out there," in every sense of the word, LoL.

Greetings, Mark. How's life? :)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read books to, learned about Israel, the crusades, the popes, but I would far rather spend my time at the feet of Jesus learning from Him.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

View attachment 10115
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Reference to what???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does Jesus teach you about these verses?
Did you know the bible is an Idol to most christians, it keeps people from ever going to Christ...

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Knowing the bible is not the same as knowing Jesus, and there are no browny points for knowing the bible, and it is not a ticket to heaven, just puffs men up.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you know the bible is an Idol to most christians, it keeps people from ever going to Christ...

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Knowing the bible is not the same as knowing Jesus, and there are no browny points for knowing the bible, and it is not a ticket to heaven, just puffs men up.
True. But don’t you think people are puffed up, whatever they read? I have family who read Pratchett and Rowling, and they seem to think they’re ‘special’.

Yes Bible readers are self-righteous, but isn’t everyone?

I came to faith in Jesus by reading John...reading Mark now.
He is revealed through The Word, especially the Gospels (imo)

‘Who is This that even the winds and the waves obey Him’? :)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Real Believers love Jesus an His Holy Word.
Those who suggest otherwise, usually fear that their false ideas and carnal philosophies will be discovered .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do understand what MJH means about the most important things is what we learn from the Lord, but I just find it hard to relate to not valuing other things , perhaps on a lesser degree , in the process of that learning. Rita
@Rita I do love Proverbs 8; all about divine wisdom personified...

Reactions: Rita

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Real Believers love Jesus an His Holy Word.
Those who suggest otherwise, usually fear that their false ideas and carnal philosophies will be discovered .
Real christians Love Jesus and only listen to Hm because He is teh Word.
I am the way the truth and the Life, He said, you wont find it anywhere else

Reactions: Rita

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following after Christ as HE asked, whats so hard to understand...
What is hard to understand is that you were saying or suggesting scripture is not useful in this regard.
You said we just need Jesus, to hear him.
How do we do that exactly. I think you are not clear on this.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is hard to understand is that you were saying or suggesting scripture is not useful in this regard.
You said we just need Jesus, to hear him.
How do we do that exactly. I think you are not clear on this.
I suppose after 2000 years of preaching the bible and not showing people Christ, i am not surprised, My sheep Hear my voice, still true even today,

Mat_13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

and

Act_28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

It is some thing only you can do and that takes faith, is He real than He is there for you,