How long did your fiery trial last?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the title states, how long did your fiery trial last? A month, year, decade or more? Do trials generally come to an end? Would God keep you in a physical trial for the duration of your life?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the title states, how long did your fiery trial last? A month, year, decade or more? Do trials generally come to an end? Would God keep you in a physical trial for the duration of your life?

Good question...I would say that they NEVER stop. He simply brings us "through" them, victoriously if we trust fully in Him. And then growth takes place, THROUGH faith/trust.
Just have to learn how to rejoice in them which...is NOT always so easy but, He will be pleased and will deliver us out of every single one if we....trust.

Reactions: jshiii and Mantis

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mantis I do love Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction".

What counts in the end is having the sure faith certainty that we are chosen, not merely to avoid trouble.

Reactions: Mantis

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm 53, I have given up. Like Paul said "So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9, ESV). So I expect my trial to be with me until the day I pass from this life to be with Jesus. It only makes me trust and look to the Lord even more for all my strength! I'm ok with this. I experience his love every minute of every day. His eternal Kingdom is forever! OHHHH I can't even imagine what it will be like! To see our Lord and Savior!

Reactions: Nancy and Mantis

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm 53, I have given up. Like Paul said "So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9, ESV). So I expect my trial to be with me until the day I pass from this life to be with Jesus. It only makes me trust and look to the Lord even more for all my strength! I'm ok with this. I experience his love every minute of every day. His eternal Kingdom is forever! OHHHH I can't even imagine what it will be like! To see our Lord and Savior!

Hello Jshiii,
Not sure what you mean by "I've given up" but, hopefully not to drop out of the race of our lives. There is a "thorn" in my side for life and, like yourself it just makes me depend on Him more so.

And yes, one day brother, one day this will all pass!
Praying for you.