How long will the Man of Lawlessness Be Sitting in Your Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
II Thessalonians 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

When II Thess 2 is attempted to be taught, they seem to forget this -
I Cor 3:
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Haven't read all the other posts so I hope this won't be too repetitive.

You need not worry that the man of lawless ness will be taking up residence in you at all. He is an actual man so one person cannot possess another person.

Second of all even if we were referring to Satan, Satan is a created being and He cannot possess more than one person at one time! And With the Holy Spirit in our hearts permanently, we cannot be possessed by a demonic spirit!

This refers to teh rebuilt temple that is going to be constructed in Jerusalem when God allows it.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pre-flood had nothing to do with it, as the scripture says "in those days; and also after that" ...meaning, after the flood.
In those days, does not mean there were not giants before the flood. If we take Genesis literally, like I do, dinosaurs coexisted with man. They were huge. Why? Possibly because they also lived 5-10x longer than normal, hence growing larger.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, @Ronald David Bruno, but I will stick with the Scriptures which also confirm what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes.

The book of Jude explains plainly what the sins of the fallen angels were... "even as Sodom and Gomorrha...in like manner" ...fornication, going after "strange flesh."

Jude 1:6-7 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁶ And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. ⁷ Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Context is important. Jude is talking about doom for ungodly people. He gives examples: vs. 5 states that God freed the Israelites from Egypt then later judged thise who were ungodly. Then he uses angels as an example in vs. 6. Angels rebelled against God with Lucifer and got kicked out of heaven (left their own habitation). Then vs. 7 shifts to speaking about humans again who fornicated and went after strange flesh (homosexuality and probably bestiality).
This does not support angels having sex with humans. Again, why would God make them with that ability?

Last edited:

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a whole handful of "Goliaths" in David's day. Young David killed Goliath of Gath with his sling - David when he was old was fighting another Goliath - got too tired in the battle - and David's "second" finished the battle for him and killed that Goliath.

The Bible says that angels do not MARRY - does NOT say that they cannot procreate.

There are Lady Angels in Zechariah's vision in Zech. 5

What is BEHIND this resistance to the Bible in fallen angels intermingling with human women? What IS IT that spooks people into saying "oh, that can't happen" and dismissing what the Bible says?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is BEHIND this resistance to the Bible in fallen angels intermingling with human women? What IS IT that spooks people into saying "oh, that can't happen" and dismissing what the Bible says?
What is behind this is naturalistic and humanistic reasoning. Someone started the false idea that "the sons of God" refers to the line of Seth, and that was promoted over and over again, and almost every commentary brings this up. But it simply does not fit the narrative, since there is a stark contrast between the sons of God and the daughters of men. Also, Peter and Jude refer to these angels as "the angels that sinned" or "the angels which kept not their first (or angelic) estate".

Reactions: Grunt Hemlock

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy, I saw that you "liked" my post. Have you ever noticed how that Revelation 9:1 speaks of a star falling from heaven? And then it goes on to speak of this "fallen star" as an entity who is given a key to the bottomless pit.

There's another verse that speaks of the key to the bottomless pit and it is given to quite another entity for a completely different reason!

Revelation 20:1-3 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. ² And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, ³ And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

This is just something I'm asking the Lord about based on the specific wording used. It appears to me that Rev 9:1 is speaking of a fallen angel who is allowed to open the bottomless pit. The only other times I see in scripture where angels fall is related to satan/lucifer and in Jude in relation to the angels who fell, left their first estate and committed abomination.

So one is given the key to open the bottomless pit...and another is given the key to close it. (Just my observations, things I'm pondering and asking Him about.)
Hi T.
Interesting notion. The angel in Rev. 9:1 is clearly seen as given a key and opening the abyss.

And yes, the angel from Rev 20 sure does seem to have a second key, used to lock Satan up for 1000 years.

So then you are thingiking that the first angel who only opened the pit was beloved of God and the second angel, who threw Satan in the pit, sealed and locked it for the 1000 years is a demon perhaps?

Interesting T. but, I don't think I am grasping the significance of why that would be. Sure is something interesting to think about!
You would probably be able to come up with something, considering your personal experience at the hand of Satan's followers.
Thanks for the post!
xo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you are thingiking that the first angel who only opened the pit was beloved of God and the second angel, who threw Satan in the pit, sealed and locked it for the 1000 years is a demon perhaps?
Actually, no. Lol
In Rev 9, that angel is described as "fallen." So that is the one I suspect will be a fallen angel (not a demon, as that is not the same thing).

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a whole handful of "Goliaths" in David's day. Young David killed Goliath of Gath with his sling - David when he was old was fighting another Goliath - got too tired in the battle - and David's "second" finished the battle for him and killed that Goliath.

The Bible says that angels do not MARRY - does NOT say that they cannot procreate.

There are Lady Angels in Zechariah's vision in Zech. 5

The fallen angels were bound at the time they rebelled. However it does make for good conspiracy theories about ufo's, aliens (angels), and what not.

Satan has been involved in feeding knowledge to western science since 500 BC with the Greeks. Even the early church fathers wrote about Simon the sorcerer having a flying saucer. Guess Satan jumped the gun on that one. Humans did not fly for another 1800 years.

Now God's Word on the other hand just mentions Nephilim, which is just a fancy word for giant. How many giants can dance on the head of a pin?

Adam was a son of God, but died when he disobeyed God. Sons of God have bodies made by God, incorruptible that can have offspring. Adam had a dead physical body corruptible that was copied over and over again in a fallen state. A physical body made by the physical biological process of imperfect copies of the same genetic material over and over again.

There is nothing earth shattering about mixing incorruptible DNA with corruptible DNA. Mold causes good food to go bad.