How many ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Agree on your point of young people particularly.
Observe first the decline of their family generations before them, and the generational increase that the world is their model to imulate and governments are their parents, to direct and care for them.

Anything goes in the world, and "everything" is acceptable, "without" accountablility.

It is a ploy to prime, well taught and expected to come to pass, as revealed in Scripture.

Obviously this speaks to a bigger picture, beyond "piercings". Just saying, every little step, acceptance, following along, particularly continuously bombarded upon the weak....IS an intent to divert one away from the Lord.

Sheesh....TV...a thing in nearly every household, with many children having complete control over TV's in their rooms....
And the Commercials? Yipes. They are no longer trying to sell a product...they are selling indoctrination!

Sorry didn't mean to disrupt your "piercings" thread.

God Bless,
Taken
Okay! but I think some of what you say goes way beyond earrings and ear piercing. Ppl in the Bible had them, as do plenty of Godly ppl.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I work in a carehome - so it's an issue with hygiene and safety x
Oh okay! I see what you mean.

I know some hospitals even try to stop staff such as nurses from having visible tattoos, but it's a losing battle, I think.

But I do see your point, yes, thanks.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay! but I think some of what you say goes way beyond earrings and ear piercing. Ppl in the Bible had them, as do plenty of Godly ppl.

Yes, it does, briefly and thus the apology.

God Bless,
Taken

B

Butterfly

Oh okay! I see what you mean.

I know some hospitals even try to stop staff such as nurses from having visible tattoos, but it's a losing battle, I think.

But I do see your point, yes, thanks.
Many of out carers have tattoos, men and women - it doesn't seem to be an issue yet, but I do know that if you want to join the polo pace in England some tattoos prevent you from getting the job. A friend of my sons had a tattoo on his arm in remeber pence of a friend that died. Within the tattoo was a cross, quite a large one. The tattoo was on the lower part of his arm, because of many of the racial issues that he would have to come up against as a police officer it was considered that the tattoo could incite offence and reaction. So this very competent young man was rejected for a job on the basis of the cross- interestingly enough he is not a Christian !!
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Many of out carers have tattoos, men and women - it doesn't seem to be an issue yet, but I do know that if you want to join the polo pace in England some tattoos prevent you from getting the job. A friend of my sons had a tattoo on his arm in remeber pence of a friend that died. Within the tattoo was a cross, quite a large one. The tattoo was on the lower part of his arm, because of many of the racial issues that he would have to come up against as a police officer it was considered that the tattoo could incite offence and reaction. So this very competent young man was rejected for a job on the basis of the cross- interestingly enough he is not a Christian !!
Rita
(They'll be trying to banish the Queen for being Anglican, next... I wonder how you guys in Britain can take your fanatically anti-Christian politicians seriously, Brexit or no Brexit.)

But I digress.

I can see that in some medical environments piercings can be an issue for reasonable (and non-political!) reasons.

(The politicians can go and squirm in the unreasonable messes of their own making.)

B

Butterfly

(They'll be trying to banish the Queen for being Anglican, next... I wonder how you guys in Britain can take your fanatically anti-Christian politicians seriously, Brexit or no Brexit.)

But I digress.

I can see that in some medical environments piercings can be an issue for reasonable (and non-political!) reasons.

(The politicians can go and squirm in the unreasonable messes of their own making.)
I am not sure the decision about my sons friend was made by our government. You can join the police if you have tattoos, and if the tattoo had not been on his lower arm it would have been okay.
I do not take our government seriously, they are like a bunch of kids at the moment. There are quite a few Christians in the government , but they are fighting an establishment.
However no matter where we live it's important to remember the true enemy, and where the true battle is taking place. xxx
Rita

Reactions: Acolyte

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This kind of custom used to be associated with the younger generation, decades back, but now genteel ladies of all ages including of the more mature generation widely have them in that way also.
Yes, I got them pierced in the 70's and 80's.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I got them pierced in the 70's and 80's.
In the 70s and 80s it might at first have been just slightly edgy to get 2nds and 3rds.

But now that even the most conservative of mature women may have 2nds and 3rds, it's really a totally low key and straightforward look to go for if the wearer wants it. Go for it/don't go for it: either way, it can be conservative and genteel.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether the holes close up or not varies a great deal from one person to another, doesn't it? :)
Yes it does. I think it is how long you wore ear/whatever rings in a piercing matters. I wore them on a regular basis for decades, it has now been over ten years and I only wear them on the very infrequent occasion. ♥

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes it does. I think it is how long you wore ear/whatever rings in a piercing matters. I wore them on a regular basis for decades, it has now been over ten years and I only wear them on the very infrequent occasion. ♥
So, when you do, use all of them? or just one pair of holes...

(Not that it matters, I guess... o_O)

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

My wife had ear rings when a young teenager, but they got torn out in a fight. :eek: Can't wear any now, even if she wanted.

B

brakelite

From recent threads originating from Farouk, I gain the impression that any Christian woman can quite legitimately and in all good conscience wear make-up, jewelry, have tattoos, smoke cigarettes, and in all this bring glory to the God who created her in perfect beauty representing to the world all that good fine Christian ladies may aspire to. I await the thread which justifies mini skirts, bikinis, and foul language.