How many ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'd much rather enjoyed buying my addiction every Friday... EARRINGS !!
A girl and I would go to Whitecross market every Friday lunch hour and buy a new pair of earrings for the Saturday night dance. These where only clip-on's , but they were wonderful colours and styles...yep...totally addicted. :)

Now, I am too lazy to change my gold ones , except for a special occasion.

I think part of your post on the other thread usefully belongs here instead... :)

With all your earrings, I guess that the time came when you just felt compelled to get your ears pierced, right?

(Not that the amount of piercings that you have gotten so far has remotely reached the level of addcition, right?)

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of my grand daughter has about 6 each side...(small graduating diamonds) she seems happy with them at the moment.
PS: I guess when you did it, it was the custom to get one only each side.

But do you now like it that your granddaughter was able to have hers done at a period when it is now widespread to have multiples done?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@justbyfaith I guess you never wore earrings before your met your wife? and maybe it's something you only got somewhat more interested in since you've been married, even though it's on hold.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Biblical bondservant aspect is the only reason why I would consider piercing an ear.
For a motivated person in suitable circumstances, this would be a vert strong reason to do it for a talking point.

It's even in Psalm 40 (with the Bondservant symbolism underlying): 'Mine ears has thou opened' (i.e., 'opened' = Hebrew, digged [pierced] )

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember trying one back in high school or something, and it looked just awful on me, LoL.
As for my wife, she wears them sometimes, but unless jewelry or makeup is done very tastefully it sort of detracts from a person's looks, and she's always kept things simple with her appearance. Fine by me.
Hidden In Him:

I think there is a classic simplicity about one small stud in each ear. It can sometimes work for both genders, I reckon, anyway. We are all different.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hidden In Him:

I think there is a classic simplicity about one small stud in each ear. It can sometimes work for both genders, I reckon, anyway. We are all different.

Each his own. I certainly don't think it should take precedence over weightier matters.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The trouble with me is...I have worn them for so many decades now..I don't even remember that I have them.
My daughter had two more added either side...but only wore them for a year, she took out the extras because she didn't like them ...not 'comfortable'.
PS: Do any sons or grandsons happen to wear earrings?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of my grand daughter has about 6 each side...(small graduating diamonds) she seems happy with them at the moment.
PS: So were you a bit surprised when your granddaughter first showed with 6 each side? (I'm sure you're accustomed to them now, though.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@"ByGrace" PS: These days a voucher for ear piercing would be regarded as a fairly safe Christmas gift for a granddaughter or even grandson, maybe, if he would be into that sort of thing. Especially with granddaughters, there often seems to be another set of holes that they are contemplating, right?