How many ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @Nancy There may come a time when the really radical act of avant-garde fashion will be bare earlobes! (such is the custom now for up to multiples for young women to seniors).

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: @Nancy There may come a time when the really radical act of avant-garde fashion will be bare earlobes! (such is the custom now for up to multiples for young women to seniors).
Ahhaha...I wouldn't doubt it! Some, IMHO, go too far like when they fork their tongues, or have things inserted under the skin of their foreheads to look like horns! It's like Satan will stop at nothing to bring human beings as far away as possible from the image of God. Sad :(

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ahhaha...I wouldn't doubt it! Some, IMHO, go too far like when they fork their tongues, or have things inserted under the skin of their foreheads to look like horns! It's like Satan will stop at nothing to bring human beings as far away as possible from the image of God. Sad :(
Oh I'm sure some ppl go waaay over the top with some types of body piercings...

But ears - in all their potential piercing varieties - are generally rather benign, anyway.

Some ppl still prefer the single classic one each side; but extras in ears, if wished for, are still in a rather benign category. (2c...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Jane_Doe22 FYI: Just a thought: it may be that keeping earlobes bare will sometimes be regarded as an act of fashionable, avant-garde minimalism, don't you think? (such is the widespread custom of wearing multiple earrings/studs among wearers of all ages that it is completely mainstream and benign).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of my grand daughter has about 6 each side...(small graduating diamonds) she seems happy with them at the moment.
If your granddaughter doesn't stretch some of the holes with plugs and is content with keeping fairly light studs/rings in all the holes, she should do fine with them.

(Were you at first a little surprised when you saw she had put in several holes each side?)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you must have had the long term habit of keeping all 5 in for long periods sufficiently for them to have become firmly embedded so that now when you put them in they will still fit!
Yes I did. But mostly just studs...nothing heavy! Thank God for that, lol...I would have droopy lobes by now if I did wear the heavy earrings! :O

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes I did. But mostly just studs...nothing heavy! Thank God for that, lol...I would have droopy lobes by now if I did wear the heavy earrings! :O
Yes, while the wedding style shoulder hugger pendants may be nice for a short time, in the long term gravity takes its toll on the earlobes, right?

Whereas like you said, good reliable studs - whether singles or multiples - worn for long enough periods are more likely to do the job well of making the holes really permanent so that they don't need to be re-pierced.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Some, IMHO, go too far like when they fork their tongues...
Oh, forked tongues...they are far worse - and far less widespread - than having a stud inserted. (But I guess we are getting away from ears, which can of course be done tastefully up to several times, I guess.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of my grand daughter has about 6 each side...(small graduating diamonds) she seems happy with them at the moment.
Kind of triumphantly exquisite for a maturing young woman...

(I guess no sign so far of any more of any variety planned after this 6th pair?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@"ByGrace" It's just that when one has worn them for so long and for whatever reason they are removed for a while, it can feel like one is not really dressed properly; it feels rather 'bare', without them in. (Maybe you have had this experience also?)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace" It's just that when one has worn them for so long and for whatever reason they are removed for a while, it can feel like one is not really dressed properly; it feels rather 'bare', without them in. (Maybe you have had this experience also?)
I used to feel like that when I wore a watch. lol.

Reactions: farouk