How many have ever changed their minds...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to nitpick but the word "apostle" actually only means " sent one" and at least some translations use a capital A as in Apostle to distinguish the original 12 from the rest.

No Apostle ever did those things, God did them as signs to display his power through them, but you do know that apostle simply means "sent one" and that some translations actually capitalize the word when referring to the original 12 to distinguish them from you or I should God call us to be sent out in ministry, right?

Of course God did them but He is no longer doing those works through apostles / human agents. There are many false apostles within the NAR / word of faith movement deceiving people.

Reactions: Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply put, the extraordinary gifts of miracles / healing / raising the dead are not present in our current time as there are no more Apostles living.
Yes, several posters create a make believe world.
They are living in sinful worldly ways, nevertheless they are getting angel visitations,prophetic dreams
Direct new revelation....that no one is to question.
That is considered unloving.
Theologically they are more than confused so they just make up this pseudo spiritual world,where they "move" in the gifts...like the new age people who speak of auras, crystals and such.
They know more than the apostles of course.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to nitpick but the word "apostle" actually only means " sent one" and at least some translations use a capital A as in Apostle to distinguish the original 12 from the rest.

No Apostle ever did those things, God did them as signs to display his power through them, but you do know that apostle simply means "sent one" and that some translations actually capitalize the word when referring to the original 12 to distinguish them from you or I should God call us to be sent out in ministry, right?

So who were the Apostles in your understanding?
Just a few original guys sent out?

Reactions: LC627

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe any Christian has the right to undermine or minimize "the signs of an apostle" in this matter.

The reason Paul specifically calls them "the signs of an apostle" is because God and Christ wanted the world to know that they had given these men miracle-working powers to prove that they were truly apostle-prophets and that the Gospel was truly from God.

Miracle-working powers through prophets were not seen within Israel on a continuous basis. Moses, Elijah, and Elisha stand out. But Jesus of Nazareth would show Israel through His miracles that He was not only the Prophet whose coming was prophesied by Moses, but He was also their true Messiah -- "a Man approved of God". Hence Peter says in Acts 2:22: Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

What is noteworthy in the New Testament is that although the apostles must have also performed probably hundreds of miracles, the Holy Spirit saw fit to only present a few of them for the apostles -- but not for Christ. This would indicate that the reader's attention must always be on Christ (and this was also the goal of the apostles).

With the passing of the apostles the sign gifts as well as the spiritual gifts of apostle and prophet ceased. All those who claimed these gifts later on proved themselves to be false (e.g. Joseph Smith).
While you mention some cultists that claimed apostolic gifts I must assume that you've never heard or accepted anecdotal stories of missionaries who observed sudden and miraculous recoveries and other similar "signs" in their presence while sharing the gospel? I was in the habit of listening to Christian radio while working, for nearly a decade, and heard at least a few such stories. Do you believe that such tales are fabrications, lies, cries for attention from lonely missionaries, etc.?
I'm not naive and charlatans like Marjo Gortner's "revivalist" parents, cashing in on fake healings and the like have been around for 2000 years and probably longer, but please show me scripture that says God chose to empower His disciples 2000 years ago and not now. Are the two witnesses and prophets in the book of the Revelation allegorical?
Or do you believe that God will only bring back prophets just for the last days. (And these obviously can't be the last days because it disagrees with your theology of popular consensus?)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, several posters create a make believe world.
They are living in sinful worldly ways, nevertheless they are getting angel visitations,prophetic dreams
Direct new revelation....that no one is to question.
That is considered unloving.
Theologically they are more than confused so they just make up this pseudo spiritual world,where they "move" in the gifts...like the new age people who speak of auras, crystals and such.
They know more than the apostles of course.
Yeah you're the same person who refuses to hear and watch testimonies of people who have experienced miracles in their lives. So it doesn't do much good when someone like yourself asks for proof because you won't acknowledge it anyway.
Good luck with the powerless god you serve as we enter into these last days.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, because I'm a Pharisee remember? :D Any type of study of scripture is apparently wrong to you. How dare I "come against the Lord's anointed"
Whew glad you are willing to admit it...I think there is hope for you after all.:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you cleared out a whole hospital! Might want to go to the funeral home next.
Don't make false allegations...your sarcasm isn't towards me it is towards the Holy Spirit and you should be ashamed.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply put, the extraordinary gifts of miracles / healing / raising the dead are not present in our current time as there are no more Apostles living.
So when the elders of a church gathered around the pregnant wife of one of the teachers, laid their hands (in comfort) upon the parents and prayed for them, for the healing of a hole in the septum between ventricles, and the next sonogram showed a normal functioning heart, this was just happy coincidence? Or perhaps just a clever lie to glorify God?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't make false allegations...your sarcasm isn't towards me it is towards the Holy Spirit and you should be ashamed.

Funeral home too much of a stretch of faith for you? Ok I see, only you can be sarcastic towards me but once I do it, it is not right.

What people should be ashamed of is having people roll on the floor, bark like a dog in a worship service, have false prophets and preachers and claim it as the work of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when the elders of a church gathered around the pregnant wife of one of the teachers, laid their hands (in comfort) upon the parents and prayed for them, for the healing of a hole in the septum between ventricles, and the next sonogram showed a normal functioning heart, this was just happy coincidence? Or perhaps just a clever lie to glorify God?

Medical documents to show this?