How Powerful is the Blood of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. We will either be saved or we will not be saved and, when we die without Christ we are dead indeed and, some will die being filthy, some will die being righteous, unjust, holy...
Funny this scripture is being used today. I've been listening to Johnny Cash and, I LOVE his song "When The Man Comes Around"

Ok...gotta share the song again...trying to learn it on my guitar...easy chords :)

Nancy I thought you would enjoy this song. My son is the drummer :)

Reactions: Nancy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being delivered from the presence of sin in our nature is called being born again. That doesn't happen after we die, but now. It is receiving the Holy Spirit of God inside of us, writing His laws onto our new nature, to naturally want to do His will.
Excuse me, please, I guess I wasn't clear enough. When I mentioned the presence of sin, I meant that there's a point at which God does/will deliver us from the effects of sin, even from having to witness it in others. :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

What does it mean to be cleansed from all unrighteousness? Does that include the desire to sin? Why instead of acknowledging "cleanse" do some believe the blood of Jesus only FORGIVES all unrighteousness, but we will still sin all of our lives, and Jesus cleanses our present and future sins as well as our past sins, but does nothing for the desire to sin. If we believe that Jesus' blood cleanses and forgives our past, present and future sins instead of making us truly born again with a new nature, and free from the desire to sin in the first place presently and in the future, isn't that is a slap in the face of how powerful we believe the blood of Jesus truly is?

Jesus came to make us truly righteous and holy as the Father is perfect. He came to make us like Himself - the first of many brethren. Romans 8:29 "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren."
I see the metaphor for the cross, the blood of Christ, as representing laundry detergent. We still have to take our dirty laundry to the river and scrub it clean. Now the blood of the Son of God is holy, pure, powerful, and I'd never try to lessen it but...He suffered for our healing. He bled on the cross for us, thank You Lord, but He was also crushed for us. How does one pay the price for the sin of billions in 3 days and not be shattered into atoms? My answer is that He'd God. He experienced every injustice possible, He was hurt in every way possible. I believe the appropriate response is, "Thank You so much. Jesus, I'll live for You, I'll die to self so that You can dwell in me, and, if You ask, I'll die for you." Shalom. P.S. The bottom line for me is how He loves me (us).

Last edited by a moderator:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, you are not understanding the difference between being made to be sin-LESS, as opossed to our attempts of being sin-FREE.

By the holy (set apart) Blood of Christ's
Sacrifice, He is the Mediator for us, as well as for the Father. Through Him, we are made to be sin-less before the Father.

You have it backwards. We are not sinless (see 1 John 1:8); but we are sin-free (John 8:31-36).

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I believe is that all desire to sin was immediately taken from me when I became baptized in His Spirit and born again. BUT, knowledge is important as you said. But it is our heart that matters. A true Christian WILL always live up to the knowledge we have, and keep growing in sinlessness as our knowledge grows. Philippians 3:16.

Well CL:

One cannot grow in sinlessness. If one is sinless- they cannot get "more sinless". What we do do as Gods Word clearly says is that we grown more to the sinlessness that God sees us as because fo the blood of Jesus! So daily true believers gorw more and more into what God has declared us to be- perfected forever!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, you are not understanding the difference between being made to be sin-LESS, as opossed to our attempts of being sin-FREE.

That is not what I believe at all. Self-effort is how the Old Covenant worked. Only by the infilling of the Spirit of God are we no longer bound to the sin nature/flesh, but are given a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of God. The second is how the New Covenant works. Old vs. New. Law vs. Spirit.

From the point of our faith in Christ, for the forgiveness of sin, there is no sin, past, present or future that is not forgiven, except one, the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Matthew 12:31.

A Spirit-filled Christian only committed sin before they were born again and filled with the Spirit of God. They don't sin. So there is only old sins that were cleansed, making us sin free. There is no such thing as sins in the present and future. 1 John 3; 2 Peter 1:2-11.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I thought you would enjoy this song. My son is the drummer :)

Wonderful! "Let my words be life"...love it. Your son is an awesome drummer!! You must be proud :) Do these guys belong to any regular worship team in a church? Or, do they tour and record?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me, please, I guess I wasn't clear enough. When I mentioned the presence of sin, I meant that there's a point at which God does/will deliver us from the effects of sin, even from having to witness it in others. :)

For us the "point" is when we repent and Jesus fills us with His Spirit called the seed of God. That is called being born again, and has to do with our old nature becoming new and immortal. That has to do with our soul and spirit/nature dying on the cross with Jesus, but not our body. Our body doesn't make us sin, only our mind can do that. Our body must also die at some point so it can also can be changed and take on immortality

Reactions: Jim B

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the metaphor for the cross, the blood of Christ, as representing laundry detergent. We still have to take our dirty laundry to the river and scrub it clean Now the blood of the Son of God is holy, pure, powerful, and I'd never try to lessen it but...He suffered for our healing. He bled on the cross for us, thank You Lord, but He was crushed for us. How does one pay the price for the sin of billions in 3 days and not be shattered into atoms? He experienced every injustice possible, He was hurt in every way possible. I believe the appropriate response is, "Thank You so much. Jesus, I'll live for You, I'll die to self so that You can dwell in me, and, if You ask, I'll die for you." Shalom. P.S. The bottom line for me is how He loves me (us).

It was for me too.

Reactions: Nancy and Truman

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful! "Let my words be life"...love it. Your son is an awesome drummer!! You must be proud :) Do these guys belong to any regular worship team in a church? Or, do they tour and record?
Both of my sons have been playing in church on worship teams since they were teenagers. My son is no longer touring right now but we will see down the road.

Hawk Nelson has several albums and have toured all over the world.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well CL:

One cannot grow in sinlessness. If one is sinless- they cannot get "more sinless". What we do do as Gods Word clearly says is that we grown more to the sinlessness that God sees us as because fo the blood of Jesus! So daily true believers gorw more and more into what God has declared us to be- perfected forever!

I'm talking about sinless in the eyes of God. He looks at our heart and most importantly at our will. If you KNOW/have knowledge that something is a sin and you commit that sin, that is willful sin. That is something a Christian would not commit. It is written on their conscience. On the other hand, if you are convinced in your mind from a false teacher that something is not a sin, and you commit that sin with a clear conscience, that is when Jesus as our Advocate automatically cleanses of that sin and we REMAIN sinless. Why? Because are heart is still right before God. But the Spirit is not going to leave you in the dark. He will teach you the truth at some point and write it on your conscience, and you cannot commit it any longer, and don't, making you still sinless. It is not more sinless. It is more knowledge of sin.