How Powerful is the Blood of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is holy scripture, inspired by God; and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
You fail to rightly divide. People can handle the scriptures without wisdom!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's your opinion and doesn't mean anything

Take it or leave it.

You fail to rightly divide. People can handle the scriptures without wisdom!

That's your excuse for not accepting the testimony of that scripture.

Notice that I did not "divide" it...I merely quoted it.

It is not proper hermeneutics to utilize "the context" to nullify the claim that a passage of holy scripture is making on your life.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the obedience being spoken of is Christ's obedience unto death (since the blood of Jesus sanctifies us practically, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, and cleanseth us from all sin, 1 John 1:7), the obedience being spoken of is also the obedience of Christ as He lives His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20). This is sanctification through the Spirit (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

I assume you are referring to the Catholic Church and not Calvary Chapel? :)

That would be Hebrews 10:26-31.

Yes, that's what I mean, RCC. Sry, should have included the "R" :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a theory about sin and then there is the emotional reality.
If one regards this as factual atonement like a debt that daddy can pay to get one out of trouble, while one goes on causing trouble is one view.

I have met many believers who know the theology, but not how to apply it to their lives. Their lives are full of emotional games of staying safe and getting one over on others. As I get old, and see how things in life play out, facts are not enough. It is empathy, identity, being alongside others and feeling the pain. Listening to Jesus talking to the disciples, He loved them. He knew Peter wanted to see how things panned out, and was impetious but when he saw how things worked and how he failed, he would turn back. So confident Jesus was, he encouraged Peter to encourage the brothers to stay strong.

So love in ones heart changes how you view hurt, selfishness, caring, uplifting, forgiving, and living. This is not trying to be something one is not, it is literally becoming something Jesus has ordained. It is this realisation, standing at the foot of the cross, to see the depth of love Jesus had for us which is our life, our very lives, our inspiration, our joy and our peace. It is not something that dawns in a day, a year, a decade, but a lifetime.

So forgiveness for sin, is the opening of the door to the Kingdom and walking in His ways. Stumbling and getting up and walking on is part of it all. It is not about the perfect walk, but the walk and the heart.

Once one grasps Jesus's love and one begins to love as He loves, the theology of present and future fades away, because love and the walk, sharing and giving become the dominant issues. For those happy to still be lost in sin, bound by hatred, bitterness and unforgiveness, they have not begun to listen to Jesus or follow. Peter was in prison awaiting his execution in the morning, and sat praising God, lost in wonder love and praise. An angel appears and Peter finds himself walking free. Whether we are alive or dead does not change the reality of our walk in grace and love. It takes faith to see this and walk it.

God bless you
Hi F.H.,
Amen to all of that!

"So love in ones heart changes how you view hurt, selfishness, caring, uplifting, forgiving, and living. This is not trying to be something one is not, it is literally becoming something Jesus has ordained. It is this realisation, standing at the foot of the cross, to see the depth of love Jesus had for us which is our life, our very lives, our inspiration, our joy and our peace. It is not something that dawns in a day, a year, a decade, but a lifetime."

Yes! Love in one's heart truly does change how we see others, saved or unsaved. Christ had empathy and so should we, and it will happen naturally if we have allowed our hearts to be softened by Him.
And yes, it takes a lifetime for sure.
In Him,
Nancy

Reactions: BarneyFife

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Mungo,
I think you misunderstood me. Of course I have sinned and I know that until I am perfected in Him, I will sin, yet...I sin LESS as I grow in Him.
Basically, if we die in our sins...we die in whatever state we were when we passed from this world.

I like to think of how a child learns to walk. They will fall over and get hurt, but as time progresses they fall over less and tend to avoid the major problems. Believers often forget who made the temple and why God provided the sacrifices constantly for sin and for those who discovered they had sinned, to offer a sacrifice and get right with Him. This is not a perfection style expectation, but rather a hard rough road with mistakes and victories. Just look at Peter, the leader of the apostles in some regard, Jesus sees his failure, and still encourages him when he returns.

My life is full of similar struggles and compromises, and times of victory and elation and others of wondering will I ever get the balance right.
Moses knew the Father better than any, yet his anger got the better of him, struck the rock and rebuked the people without reference to the Lord. He paid a price, but his relationship was still sound. God bless you

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then let me ask you this.

Do you think it is not sin for cannibals who have grown up to be so for untold generations to eat other people and take wooves from the living for their own? IOW Adultery and murder.

They are not doing so with a will ful conscience so do you say it is not sin for them.

I await you to show me the biblical support for your clause that if we do something ignorantly it is not charged to our account, but if we as believers do sin with intent it is charged to our account and Jesus did not die for that sin.

I'm talking about born again Christians who have had their consciences super-sensitized, not carnal cannibals who love darkness. In other words, to know if you are REALLY a Christian or not.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Why wouldn't you answer my question? Stumped?

We know that in proverbs it says a righteous man stumbles 7 times but gets back up again. It does not say that he does not fall.
Your sinless perfection doesn't coheed with scripture.
Saying that we don't think the blood is strong enough is an excuse. The blood saves so please don't use something so sacred as a prop.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 3:5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

What does it mean to be cleansed from all unrighteousness? Does that include the desire to sin? Why instead of acknowledging "cleanse" do some believe the blood of Jesus only FORGIVES all unrighteousness, but we will still sin all of our lives, and Jesus cleanses our present and future sins as well as our past sins, but does nothing for the desire to sin. If we believe that Jesus' blood cleanses and forgives our past, present and future sins instead of making us truly born again with a new nature, and free from the desire to sin in the first place presently and in the future, isn't that is a slap in the face of how powerful we believe the blood of Jesus truly is?

Jesus came to make us truly righteous and holy as the Father is perfect. He came to make us like Himself - the first of many brethren. Romans 8:29 "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren."

James said....” we ALL Stumble”..... address that and “ that” only without evading it . Thanking you in advance....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that in proverbs it says a righteous man stumbles 7 times but gets back up again.
However, see also Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, and 1 John 2:10; all verses which speak of the fact that as believers who have the Holy Ghost, there is no need to stumble or fall.

Reactions: teamventure

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that in proverbs it says a righteous man stumbles 7 times but gets back up again. It does not say that he does not fall.
Your sinless perfection doesn't coheed with scripture.
Saying that we don't think the blood is strong enough is an excuse. The blood saves so please don't use something so sacred as a prop.

They certainly didn't have the power of the Spirit in the Old Testament, except for those who were anointed. But the New Covenant is different. It is not Law, but all Spirit.

Reactions: teamventure

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James said....” we ALL Stumble”..... address that and “ that” only without evading it . Thanking you in advance....
Choose Jesus, or stay unsaved and stumble your head off.

James 3:2b.
If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take it or leave it.

That's your excuse for not accepting the testimony of that scripture.

Notice that I did not "divide" it...I merely quoted it.

It is not proper hermeneutics to utilize "the context" to nullify the claim that a passage of holy scripture is making on your life.
No brainer l will leave it

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your choice, that the Lord will hold you accountable for.
The Lord was held accountable for all my sins and suffered and died for them. By His Grace no sin of mine is charged to me, not only me but to everyone He suffered and died for.