How Powerful is the Blood of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of my sons have been playing in church on worship teams since they were teenagers. My son is no longer touring right now but we will see down the road.

Hawk Nelson has several albums and have toured all over the world.

So, your children grew up in a Christian home? I grew up in a Christian home, but it was CC. Never understood or learned a thing. Then my mom became born again when I was like, 15 or so. I did attend this very different and interesting Church, and how different it was to me and sibs.
:)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, your children grew up in a Christian home? I grew up in a Christian home, but it was CC. Never understood or learned a thing. Then my mom became born again when I was like, 15 or so. I did attend this very different and interesting Church, and how different it was to me and sibs.
:)
My wife homeschooled our oldest through high-school and the others through 8th grade. My oldest she is a director of childrens ministry with her masters. My other daughter is a missionary with YWAM. She married her teacher :). He is an amazing man. same with my other son in law he is a pastor. We raised our children in the ways of the Lord and they have not departed. PTL.

All four of my children know what they believe, why they believe it and how to give anyone who asks them to give a reason for the hope they have in Christ. I also don't push my faith on them its their own but we still talk through things in life and I always challenge them with scripture. :)

I can't help myself lol. I always say to them would you like the biblical answer or societies answer to the question ? :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife homeschooled our oldest through high-school and the others through 8th grade. My oldest she is a director of childrens ministry with her masters. My other daughter is a missionary with YWAM. She married her teacher :). He is an amazing man. same with my other son in law he is a pastor. We raised our children in the ways of the Lord and they have not departed. PTL.

PTL is right brother! God had you all in His hands.
God bless and keep you all!

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PTL is right brother! God had you all in His hands.
God bless and keep you all!
And my wife is the most caring and godly person I have ever known she is so others focused its unbelievable. She is amazing and was the same way when she had her breast cancer 10 years ago. It was between 3-4 and was called the silent killer- Inflammatory Breast Cancer. PTL she survived all the chemo and radiation treatments and surgery. God is good indeed. She is a light in our neighborhood. Even when I have been unemployed she would bring people meals and volunteers to help others in need even when we have had basic needs. I'm so blessed to have a life partner like her. We are HS sweethearts and were not saved then and God changed my life and then I witnessed to her and the Lord saved her and we married in 85. We started dating in 77. OK enough rambling for now lol but thats my family in a nutshell.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about sinless in the eyes of God. He looks at our heart and most importantly at our will. If you KNOW/have knowledge that something is a sin and you commit that sin, that is willful sin. That is something a Christian would not commit. It is written on their conscience. On the other hand, if you are convinced in your mind from a false teacher that something is not a sin, and you commit that sin with a clear conscience, that is when Jesus as our Advocate automatically cleanses of that sin and we REMAIN sinless. Why? Because are heart is still right before God. But the Spirit is not going to leave you in the dark. He will teach you the truth at some point and write it on your conscience, and you cannot commit it any longer, and don't, making you still sinless. It is not more sinless. It is more knowledge of sin.

Then let me ask you this.

Do you think it is not sin for cannibals who have grown up to be so for untold generations to eat other people and take wooves from the living for their own? IOW Adultery and murder.

They are not doing so with a will ful conscience so do you say it is not sin for them.

I await you to show me the biblical support for your clause that if we do something ignorantly it is not charged to our account, but if we as believers do sin with intent it is charged to our account and Jesus did not die for that sin.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that dying was the only thing He had to do?
Well Christ lived and died and resurrected ! In His living He kept and obeyed God's Law for His People. When He died He paid for the penalty of sin God's people incurred for their sins and His Resurrection showed that God accepted all that He did and that it Justified all the Sheep He lived and died for. That's what He did to justify the Elect of God.

Reactions: Jostler

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's false. They're made righteous by Christ obedience meaning His obedience unto death

While the obedience being spoken of is Christ's obedience unto death (since the blood of Jesus sanctifies us practically, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, and cleanseth us from all sin, 1 John 1:7), the obedience being spoken of is also the obedience of Christ as He lives His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20). This is sanctification through the Spirit (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

I grew up in a Christian home, but it was CC. Never understood or learned a thing. Then my mom became born again when I was like, 15 or so.

I assume you are referring to the Catholic Church and not Calvary Chapel? :)

I await you to show me the biblical support for your clause that if we do something ignorantly it is not charged to our account, but if we as believers do sin with intent it is charged to our account and Jesus did not die for that sin.

That would be Hebrews 10:26-31.

Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As human beings we are bound under Adam’s nature in this world. No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God. This holds true for everyone. The apostle Paul rebuked Peter for showing favoritism (Galatians 2:11–13). Late in his ministry, Paul calls himself the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15). Peter, James, John, and Paul all admitted that they were imperfect. How could you or I claim anything different?

True perfection will not come until the rapture of the church, when we rise to meet Jesus in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At that time the dead in Christ will be resurrected, and the bodies of the living will be changed (Philippians 3:20, 21; 1 Corinthians 15:54). We will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10) where our works will be judged and rewards will be given (1 Corinthians 3:9–15). Our redemption will be complete, and our sin will be gone forever. We will live and reign with Christ in sinless perfection forever.got?

hope this helps !!!

1 John 1 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁷ But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. ⁸ If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. ⁹ If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ¹⁰ If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Romans 7 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹² Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. ¹³ Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. ¹⁴ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. ¹⁵ For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. ¹⁶ If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. ¹⁷ Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. ¹⁸ For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. ¹⁹ For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. ²⁰ Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. ²¹ I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. ²² For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: ²³ But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. ²⁴ O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? ²⁵ I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 John 2 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: ² And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Philippians 2 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹² Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. ¹³ For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Romans 8 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ² For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. ³ For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: ⁴ That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ⁵ For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. ⁶ For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. ⁷ Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. ⁸ So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. ⁹ But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. ¹⁰ And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. ¹¹ But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. ¹² Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. ¹³ For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. ¹⁴ For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. ¹⁵ For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. ¹⁶ The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: ¹⁷ And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

What we have here is an understanding that we are still in mortal fallen flesh that is subject to passions and sin. We are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Purpose each moment to walk after the Spirit so that we are walking in His power and not our own. Now, Paul stated that there are 2 laws warring within us...and that sometimes, the good that we want to do, we don't do ...and the evil that we don't want to do, that's what we do. We should strive to live a life pleasing to God ...one not ruled by sin and the flesh ...but IF WE SIN ....praise God, we have an Advocate with the Father who is Jesus Christ the Righteous!
See ...we have to understand that in us dwells no good thing, except the blood of Christ ...HE IS our righteousness. We cannot claim to be sinless ...there was only One who walked a sinless life on this earth (Jesus Christ).

When we believe on Him, He comes and creates a new heart within us that desires ...to will and to do ....to live a holy life. But ...if we mess up, thankfully, the blood of Jesus is there ...and our Advocate testifies to the Father that we are righteous based on our belief and faith in Him/Jesus Christ.

I remember an old southern gospel song by the McKameys ...the chorus says, "When He sees me, He sees the blood of the Lamb. He sees me as worthy, and not as I am. He views me in garments, as white as the snow. For the Lamb of God is worthy. And He washed me - this, I know!"

When we stand before Him, we will stand before Him covered by the blood ...or we will stand there reciting all our good works. Either we will place all our faith in Him and His finished work on the cross ...or we will place our faith in self and our own works. One will hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant..." and one will hear, "Depart from me, you who work iniquity. I never knew you." Those who trust in themselves and their good works rather than the blood of Jesus will miss spending eternity with Him.

There are many references that point to the fact we are to live after the Spirit so that we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. But we will miss the mark sometimes ...even if it's to feel prideful that we are so good ...that pride will be our downfall. Bottom line is...Jesus Christ is our righteousness. There is where our faith must remain.

Reactions: Jostler

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the obedience being spoken of is Christ's obedience unto death (since the blood of Jesus sanctifies us practically, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, and cleanseth us from all sin, 1 John 1:7), the obedience being spoken of is also the obedience of Christ as He lives His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20). This is sanctification through the Spirit (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

I assume you are referring to the Catholic Church and not Calvary Chapel? :)

That would be Hebrews 10:26-31.
Again false. You are way off from what I am saying

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following scripture speaks to me so clearly of the need to repent and literally not commit the same sins any more.

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12,Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

re #132.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following scripture speaks to me so clearly of the need to repent and literally not commit the same sins any more.

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12,Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

re #132.
That's to Israel under the old covenant.