How should a Christian respond to this kind of behaviour?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So say you have a person who is angry, and because they are angry, you leave the situation to go do the dishes and get away from it (and they need to be done anyway)

But their response is follow you and to stand behind you while you are doing the dishes for absolutely no reason. Not saying anything- just standing behind you.

1. I don't know what the purposes of that is. Why?
2. Can't confront or say anything about it, so you keep doing the dishes.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you considered handing them a tea towel and asking them to dry the dishes and to put them away?

This may help the situation because you have said to them with this simple request that you value them as a person who can help out in doing the necessary things that keeps a household functioning.

Shalom

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered handing them a tea towel and asking them to dry the dishes and to put them away?

This may help the situation because you have said to them with this simple request that you value them as a person who can help out in doing the necessary things that keeps a household functioning.

Shalom
Jay, I love this too. Besides, it's better than continuing an argument you don't want any part of anyway.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would be nice to do if the situation was more normal and with a different person then that would work, but it kind of sketched me out a bit.

Bit intimidating

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would be nice to do if the situation was more normal and with a different person then that would work, but it kind of sketched me out a bit.

Bit intimidating

Yea, I know what you mean, taking the first steps toward a normalised relationship can be daunting.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find it strange that someone would just stand there, to me that conveys that they want to intimidate . So I would just carry on doing the dishes and then walk away , still remaining silent. They want a confrontation , and actually your silence and action could very well have intimidated them and they don’t like it……….

Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Shalom
I'd give them two tea towels and then fart......:)

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bit intimidating
Fluffy, you have some weird people in your life. A one-off, you can ignore like you did. But if intimidation becomes a pattern of ongoing behavior, you're going to have to confront it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckieLady