How should the church service be structured

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely Jesus did not self cannibalize when saying "this is my body, take eat", then ate himself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the son of God is God by default, because of the Col 2:9 effect on his body.
Now, explain which God Jesus was speaking of in Rev 3:12.
God by "default" because of the "effect o His body"??
Where
do you get this nonsense??
Time for yet another Bible lesson . . .

Rev. 3:12 doesn't say that Jesus ISN'T God. It merely acknowledges God, period.
Jesus is BOTH God and Man - so every reference to "My God" is from the MAN Jesus Christ.

Remember, Einstein - the Book of Revelations ASSURES us that Jesus and God are ONE and the SAME:
GOD speaking:
Rev. 1:8

I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

JESUS speaking:
Rev. 22:12-13

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

JESUS is the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End.
GOD is the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End.

NOW - explain how Jesus is NOT God - yet Revelation explains that He IS God . . .
Yes - the standard anti-Catholic FIM (Foot In Mouth).
It means, "I don't have ANY valid response for that" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance....
....except Catholics.
And once again, Einstein . . .

1 Cor. 12:27:31
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are ALL apostles? Are ALL prophets? Are ALL teachers? Do ALL work miracles? Do ALL have gifts of healing? DO ALL SPEAK IN TONGUES? Do ALL interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Everybody has different gifts.

Don't just quote the Bible.
LEARN what it means . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To figure out how Christ gets digested by the RCC?
The Eucharist is physical food and SPIRITUAL nourishment (John 6:53-59).
YOU can't understand this because it hasn't been revealed to you from the Father - just like Jesus told the crowd that walked away from Him in John 6:66 . . .

John 6:63-65

The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

Hey - at least you'll have some company . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC quotes scripture from time to time, during the mass commentary conundrum.
It is kinda comical listening to the radio broadcast about Mary telling folks this and that for about a half hour at a time.
They have a direct line to God's mama.
Jesus better watch it, cause they will bypass him and pray to his mama....
Sooooo, basically - you have NO response for the Biblical and historical case I made that YOU follow the Catholic Canon of the NT.

Good job, sparky . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely Jesus did not self cannibalize when saying "this is my body, take eat", then ate himself.
AWESOME.

Now - in the depths of your ignorance, you're showing me that you agree with the pagan Romans, who ALSO accused the Early Church of "cannibalism".

A document written in the late 2nd century A.D. called The Octavius of Minicius Felix describes a debate between a Christian and a pagan at the Roman port of Ostia. It provides valuable insight into how Christians were reviled and how they responded.

Charge: Cannibalism
CAECILIUS THE PAGAN: "You Christians are the worst breed ever to affect the world. You deserve every punishment you can get! Nobody likes you. It would be better if you and your Jesus had never been born. We hear that you are all cannibals--you eat the flesh of your children in your sacred meetings."

OCTAVIUS The Christian: "That story is probably based on reports that we share together a meal of the body and blood of Christ. That we do. But it is not human flesh we eat. It is bread and wine we consecrate to commemorate our Lord's death."

Thanks for PROVING that Catholics are the true Church . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Educated Catholic:
Jesus said that we MUST eat His flesh and drink His blood in order that we may have LIFE within us (John 6:53-59).

Ignorant anti-Catholic:
Duhhhhh, doze wafers taste like chalk!!

Educated Catholic:
Sooooo, how does that negate what Christ commanded of us?

Ignorant anti-Catholic:
Duhhhh, you poop out Jesus!!

Educated Catholic:
Why did Jesus say, “This IS my body”, and “This IS my blood”, if He was only speaking “symbolically”?

Ignorant anti-Catholic:
Duhhhhh, Constantine was your first Pope and you worship Mary!!

Educated Catholic:
That’s what I thought, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC quotes scripture from time to time, during the mass commentary conundrum.
The doctrines of the Church as they pertain to the Mass (Acts 2:46-47, 1 Cor. 10:16), the Eucharist (Matt. 26:26-29, Mark 14:22-25, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:29-71, 1 Cor. 11:27-30), Confession (Matt. 16:15, Matt. 18: 15-18, John 20:21-23, 2:Cor. 2:10, 5:18-20), Baptism (Ezk. 36:25-28, Acts 2:37-38, Acts 10:48, John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Eph. 4:5) and so on, are well-documented in the Bible

The Mass in the Revelation
The Book of Revelation is FILLED with similarities and references between Mass on earth and that of the heavenly liturgy.
Here is a list of some of them:

Rev. 1:10 speaks of the heavenly liturgy being celebrated on the Lord's day. Catholics are obliged to attend mass on Sunday (the Lord’s Day).
Rev. 1:12, 2:5 speaks of lampstands or “Menorahs” in heaven. They are also used in the mass here on earth.
Rev. 1:13, 4:4, 6:11, 7:9, 15:6, 19:13-14 tells us about priests wearing special vestments in the heavenly liturgy. Here on earth, Catholic priests also wear liturgical vestments when celebrating Mass.
Rev. 2:5, 16, 21; 3:3; 16:11 speaks of a penitential rite going on in heaven – just like the in the Mass on earth.
Rev. 15:3-4 speaks of the “Gloria” being recited in heaven. You will hear this recited during the Mass on earth.
Rev. 4:4, 5:14; 11:16, 14:3, 19:4 mentions the presbuteros(oi) (priests) in heaven. On earth, the priest offers Jesus’ eternal and ongoing sacrifice during the Mass.

Rev. 5:8, 6:9-11, 8:3-4 speaks of the saints in heaven interceding on our behalf – just as they are petitioned in the Mass.
Rev. 4:8 speaks of heaven's un-ending hymn of praise to God, “Holy, Holy, Holy”. This very same prayer is recited in the Mass.
Rev. 2:17 speaks of manna in heaven that is given to the faithful. Likewise, during the Mass, we receive the true manna - the Eucharist.
Rev. 5:8, 8:3-4 speaks of incense being used in heaven which has been part of the celebration of the Mass from the beginning.
Rev. 6:9 tells us about the martyrs under the heavenly altar which is mirrored by the Church's tradition of having relics of saints under the altars of our churches on earth.
Rev. 5 speaks of the Lamb (describing Jesus). During the Mass, Jesus is described as the Lamb of God during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
Rev. 8:3, 11:1, 14:18, 16:7 speaks of an altar being present in heaven – which illustrates that an eternal sacrifice is being offered. That sacrifice is the very same one being offered on the altar during the Mass.
Rev. 14:4 speaks of those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They are celibate. In the same way, our celibate priests and religious here on earth follow the Lord.
Rev. 15:7, 16:1-4, 8, 10, 12, 17; 21:9 speaks of chalices (bowls) being used in the heavenly liturgy. Likewise, chalices are used to offer our Lord’s eternal sacrifice on earth during the Mass.
Rev. 17, 19:9 speaks of consuming the Lamb at the marriage celebration in Heaven. This is done at every single Mass on earth during Communion.
Rev. 19:1, 3, 4, 6 speaks of the “Alleluia” being recited in heaven. You will find this recited at every Mass here on earth.
Finally, in Rev. 5:14; 7:12; 19:4, we read that heaven's concluding liturgical prayer “Amen” is the very one that is recited at the end of the Mass on earth.

Yup - only "from time to time" . . .

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrines of the Church as they pertain to the Mass (Acts 2:46-47, 1 Cor. 10:16), the Eucharist (Matt. 26:26-29, Mark 14:22-25, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:29-71, 1 Cor. 11:27-30), Confession (Matt. 16:15, Matt. 18: 15-18, John 20:21-23, 2:Cor. 2:10, 5:18-20), Baptism (Ezk. 36:25-28, Acts 2:37-38, Acts 10:48, John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Eph. 4:5) and so on, are well-documented in the Bible

The Mass in the Revelation
The Book of Revelation is FILLED with similarities and references between Mass on earth and that of the heavenly liturgy.
Here is a list of some of them:

Rev. 1:10 speaks of the heavenly liturgy being celebrated on the Lord's day. Catholics are obliged to attend mass on Sunday (the Lord’s Day).
Rev. 1:12, 2:5 speaks of lampstands or “Menorahs” in heaven. They are also used in the mass here on earth.
Rev. 1:13, 4:4, 6:11, 7:9, 15:6, 19:13-14 tells us about priests wearing special vestments in the heavenly liturgy. Here on earth, Catholic priests also wear liturgical vestments when celebrating Mass.
Rev. 2:5, 16, 21; 3:3; 16:11 speaks of a penitential rite going on in heaven – just like the in the Mass on earth.
Rev. 15:3-4 speaks of the “Gloria” being recited in heaven. You will hear this recited during the Mass on earth.
Rev. 4:4, 5:14; 11:16, 14:3, 19:4 mentions the presbuteros(oi) (priests) in heaven. On earth, the priest offers Jesus’ eternal and ongoing sacrifice during the Mass.

Rev. 5:8, 6:9-11, 8:3-4 speaks of the saints in heaven interceding on our behalf – just as they are petitioned in the Mass.
Rev. 4:8 speaks of heaven's un-ending hymn of praise to God, “Holy, Holy, Holy”. This very same prayer is recited in the Mass.
Rev. 2:17 speaks of manna in heaven that is given to the faithful. Likewise, during the Mass, we receive the true manna - the Eucharist.
Rev. 5:8, 8:3-4 speaks of incense being used in heaven which has been part of the celebration of the Mass from the beginning.
Rev. 6:9 tells us about the martyrs under the heavenly altar which is mirrored by the Church's tradition of having relics of saints under the altars of our churches on earth.
Rev. 5 speaks of the Lamb (describing Jesus). During the Mass, Jesus is described as the Lamb of God during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
Rev. 8:3, 11:1, 14:18, 16:7 speaks of an altar being present in heaven – which illustrates that an eternal sacrifice is being offered. That sacrifice is the very same one being offered on the altar during the Mass.
Rev. 14:4 speaks of those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They are celibate. In the same way, our celibate priests and religious here on earth follow the Lord.
Rev. 15:7, 16:1-4, 8, 10, 12, 17; 21:9 speaks of chalices (bowls) being used in the heavenly liturgy. Likewise, chalices are used to offer our Lord’s eternal sacrifice on earth during the Mass.
Rev. 17, 19:9 speaks of consuming the Lamb at the marriage celebration in Heaven. This is done at every single Mass on earth during Communion.
Rev. 19:1, 3, 4, 6 speaks of the “Alleluia” being recited in heaven. You will find this recited at every Mass here on earth.
Finally, in Rev. 5:14; 7:12; 19:4, we read that heaven's concluding liturgical prayer “Amen” is the very one that is recited at the end of the Mass on earth.

Yup - only "from time to time" . . .
Egad!

The commentary destroys the scriptures

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AWESOME.

Now - in the depths of your ignorance, you're showing me that you agree with the pagan Romans, who ALSO accused the Early Church of "cannibalism".

A document written in the late 2nd century A.D. called The Octavius of Minicius Felix describes a debate between a Christian and a pagan at the Roman port of Ostia. It provides valuable insight into how Christians were reviled and how they responded.

Charge: Cannibalism
CAECILIUS THE PAGAN: "You Christians are the worst breed ever to affect the world. You deserve every punishment you can get! Nobody likes you. It would be better if you and your Jesus had never been born. We hear that you are all cannibals--you eat the flesh of your children in your sacred meetings."

OCTAVIUS The Christian: "That story is probably based on reports that we share together a meal of the body and blood of Christ. That we do. But it is not human flesh we eat. It is bread and wine we consecrate to commemorate our Lord's death."

Thanks for PROVING that Catholics are the true Church . . .
Fact is, since you do not have Christ in you, you must attempt to eat him weekly.

This is a sad place to be.

I can't imagine praying to the Christ within me, then telling him I must bite him with my mouth.

He would be flabbergasted.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eucharist is physical food and SPIRITUAL nourishment (John 6:53-59).
YOU can't understand this because it hasn't been revealed to you from the Father - just like Jesus told the crowd that walked away from Him in John 6:66 . . .

John 6:63-65

The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

Hey - at least you'll have some company . . .
The Eucharist is man made and printed in wafer form by RCC presses.

God is not creating little Jesus' in RCC presses.

You better lay off the commentary.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God by "default" because of the "effect o His body"??
Where
do you get this nonsense??
Time for yet another Bible lesson . . .

Rev. 3:12 doesn't say that Jesus ISN'T God. It merely acknowledges God, period.
Jesus is BOTH God and Man - so every reference to "My God" is from the MAN Jesus Christ.

Remember, Einstein - the Book of Revelations ASSURES us that Jesus and God are ONE and the SAME:
GOD speaking:
Rev. 1:8

I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

JESUS speaking:
Rev. 22:12-13

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

JESUS is the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End.
GOD is the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End.

NOW - explain how Jesus is NOT God - yet Revelation explains that He IS God . . .

Yes - the standard anti-Catholic FIM (Foot In Mouth).
It means, "I don't have ANY valid response for that" . . .
Right.

Jesus was made God by his God, via the fullness of all of his God indwelling his new, omnipresent spirit body.

God never, ever became a microscopic cell to mate with Mary's egg as you incarnationists surmise.

The theme of the Bible is God inside Christ, not God as Christ.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was no average dinner, but the Passover meal. 4 cups of wine are required (Paul speaks of The Cup of Blessing, the Third Cup.) Jesus conspicuously omits the Forth Cup. This is because the sacrificial offering, Bread and Wine, at the Passover (Last Supper) is one and the same as the sacrifice on the cross, the True Lamb of God, which we are commanded to eat. The Feeding of the Multitudes foreshadows His power to multiply His Body and Blood (in the form of Bread and Wine) that we may have eternal life. Jesus can do this because He is God. To deny this power diminishes Jesus to some kind of sentimental wimp.

Reactions: Philip James

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God never, ever became a microscopic cell to mate with Mary's egg as you incarnationists surmise.
We don't surmise such blasphemies. You are as ignorant of Christianity as you are insulting. Your mockery of the Eucharist is diabolical. Back on ignore you go, I can't stomach the evil in your posts.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, since you do not have Christ in you, you must attempt to eat him weekly.
This is a sad place to be.
I can't imagine praying to the Christ within me, then telling him I must bite him with my mouth.
He would be flabbergasted.
The Eucharist is man made and printed in wafer form by RCC presses.
God is not creating little Jesus' in RCC presses.
You better lay off the commentary.
TRANSLATION:
"I can't argue your historical point about similarities between me and pagan Rome and our rejection of the Eucharist."

Pretty much what I figured, sparky . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
Jesus was made God by his God, via the fullness of all of his God indwelling his new, omnipresent spirit body.
The theme of the Bible is God inside Christ, not God as Christ.
WRONG on BOTH counts, Einstein . . .

Jesus is GOD . . .
John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.

John 1:3
All things were made through HIM, and WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANYTHING MADE THAT WAS MADE.

Jesus was conceived in His MOTHER'S WOMB - like the rest of us . . .
Luke 1:31-32
And behold, YOU WILL CONCEIVED IN YOUR WOMB AND BEAR A SON, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.

Stop rejecting the Word of God.
STUDY your Bible . . .

Reactions: historyb

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This debate is ridiculous. Jesus plainly qualified his words as spiritual. Any argument for the literal is the result of blindness. How can a blind person see if he/she is convinced they already see?