How The Devil/Satan Deceiveth The Whole World

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The weak in faith is the person who believes they must supplement Christ's work for them with their own works in selecting commandment to somehow keep, and then to keep them.

The commandment is against murder, however what God actually wants from us is that we would be filled with His love and that because we trust Him to care for us, then we freely share that love with others.

The weak in faith questions their standing with God, and therefore assigns themself this or that commandment, whether the Sabbath, or tithing, or making sure to only eat kosher foods. Or whichever. In fact the Law is a single unit, and failure to keep any part of it makes you a lawbreakers, and you stand condemned by the Law. What you sought for life in delivered to you death, because that's what it does.

Context is king, as they say, and as Paul taught, the point wasn't whether or not you ate or didn't eat, it was your faith in God.

Much love!
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Romans 14:17)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved by Christ's death. Jesus spoke the man who was under the covenant of Law.

True saints are those who have been sanctified by Jesus, and now keep His comandments to trust, and to love, a much higher Law than the Mosaic commandments. It's at an entirely different level.

The Mosaic commandments were given to govern the unregenerate. To tell one's self that you are keeping these commandments is in fact a false assertion, as the Law given at that time cannot actually be kept. And for there to be any significance to keep that covenant of Law, you would have to be Jewish, with a Levital priesthood in place. There is no temple, there is no priesthood, there is of necessity a change of the Law. A new High Priest, Jesus Christ, a new covenant, based on better promises.

To step down to the commandments is exactly that, a step down. Remain focused on fulfulling His commandments to trust, and to love, and find that all God desires from you to fulfill righteousness will be done, even beyond the letter of the Law. The letter of the Law is, in fact, a dispensation of death to every man.

By the Law we are all dead, but in Christ we are made alive. Not by the Law, and not to the keeping of the Law, but by Christ, and to the keeping of the life in Christ.

Much love!
Paul disagree with you because he says in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul say in (1 Cor.10:20-22) (v.20) “and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils”. (v.21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (v.22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
Just about everybody in my family goes to church on Sunday. Even I used too, until I read the scriptures and researched the history of Sunday worship. Until I read the bible for myself I was in the dark.

Now here’s your chance to come into the light. (1Peter: 2:9) “that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:” Open your eyes sisters and brothers and see. Let no man deceive you. As it is written in (Rev12:9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Satan through man (Religious Teaching) has deceived the whole world.

ORIGIN OF SUNDAY WORSHIP

Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day.

The Catholic authorities proclaim: "The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church!"

Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., as taken from History of the Sabbath. pg. 802

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.

And don’t let some unlearned false preacher deceive you. The Sabbath of the Lord has, and will always be the seventh day of the week (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) and has not been changed. I know that some will say, well we don’t know if the seventh day in Jesus time is the same seventh day now. Well the bible says: (Mat 28:1) In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. Now this proves that in Jesus day when the Sabbath (Saturday) ended the first day of the week (Sunday) began. Guess what? In our day when the seventh day ends the first day of the week begins, no change!

Some ministers, who don't have one Bible text to show will say, "Don't worry about God's commandments, just worship God every day, or pick one day in seven." Some highly educated ministers have even said, "Don't worry about following the Bible, it's out of date. You just live a good life, and everything will be all right." Many ministers when asked why they meet on Sunday instead of the seventh day, will honestly say, "I know that Saturday is the seventh day Sabbath and the Bible hasn't changed it but if I were to tell the people that, I'd lose my job!"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul disagree with you because he says in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)
If you love someone, you won't hurt them. And if the only reason you don't hurt someone is because of the commandment, then you haven't helped yourself at all.

Learn to love God and love others.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you love someone, you won't hurt them. And if the only reason you don't hurt someone is because of the commandment, then you haven't helped yourself at all.

Learn to love God and love others.

Much love!
I'm not here to Judge, but just put forth the word of God. We all come from different walks of life. Paul says in Colossians 3: 7 in the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law.

(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy. Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not here to Judge, but just put forth the word of God. We all come from different walks of life. Paul says in Colossians 3: 7 in the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law.

(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy. Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)
It's like you are in a second marraige, and you insist on hanging with your dead ex.

You ask, Why would a Christian want to do away with . . . ?

Classic fallacy. Complex Question. Who says a Christian "wants to do away with . . ."? Seriously! That's not the point being discussed, not whether or not you want to or don't want to be governed by the commandments.

We are talking about what the Bible teaches, not personal preferences. For love's sake I'm assuming your motives and desires are for good. We simply need to understand the Scriptures.

Romans 7:1-4 KJV
1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

This is plain and clear.

As I have time maybe I'll post regarding each of the passages you've quoted, showing the contexts. Context is king, as they say!

None will contradict this passage from Romans 7. Not one.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like you are in a second marraige, and you insist on hanging with your dead ex.

You ask, Why would a Christian want to do away with . . . ?

Classic fallacy. Complex Question. Who says a Christian "wants to do away with . . ."? Seriously! That's not the point being discussed, not whether or not you want to or don't want to be governed by the commandments.

We are talking about what the Bible teaches, not personal preferences. For love's sake I'm assuming your motives and desires are for good. We simply need to understand the Scriptures.

1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

This is plain and clear.

As I have time maybe I'll post regarding each of the passages you've quoted, showing the contexts. Context is king, as they say!

None will contradict this passage from Romans 7. Not one.

Much love!

First let me say that God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.

So I'll ask you a question about this verse in Romans 7: 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

What law is this, that is dead to the body of Christ? Because if you think this is the same law in verse 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

These are not the same Laws, but we in a world where up is not up and down is not down. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 14: 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What law is this, that is dead to the body of Christ? Because if you think this is the same law in verse 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
It's the law that condemns you as a lawbreaker, a rebel against God, who has violated His righteous standard. The Holy and Good Law, which God gave to man. That Law. Because under it you are a dead man, and that's something Jesus died for you to save you from, the death blow dealt you by the Law that you claim to hold to.

You are insisting on climbing into your electric chair and pulling the lever.

2 Corinthians 3:6-8 KJV
6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8) How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.
"Oh, Paul is hard to understand, don't base your doctrine on Paul."

You'll need to give a specific statement, not just this wistful brushing off of the Apostle to the Gentiles. If you think I'm twisting something, be specific.

The Spirit teaches us truth, do you imagine that doesn't include Paul's writings? I don't.

Do you think I'm ignoring something that, what, changes the meaning of Paul's writings? Be specific. Not these vague half-accusations. What is the worth of that?

Let's just read Peter's words in context, to keep it clear,

2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV
15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

You who teach the Law, do you not understand what it says? If you keep it you will live. You do not keep the Law, I know for a fact that you do not. No one does, because no one can. The Jews could, IF they were to rebuild their temple and reestablish the Levitical priesthood. Otherwise, it's impossible.

You do not keep the Law even today, and so if it's the Law you want, the Law condemns you for the failure to keep it. And it doesn't even matter whether you begin to, you've already broken it, you are already a Lawbreaker. Again, Jesus saves us.

And so God's solution,

That thing we want, power over the flesh, is not found in trying to keep the Law, just keep reading,

Romans 7:4-6 KJV
5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

How clear can this be?

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the law that condemns you as a lawbreaker, a rebel against God, who has violated His righteous standard. The Holy and Good Law, which God gave to man. That Law. Because under it you are a dead man, and that's something Jesus died for you to save you from, the death blow dealt you by the Law that you claim to hold to.

You are insisting on climbing into your electric chair and pulling the lever.

2 Corinthians 3:6-8 KJV
6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8) How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

"Oh, Paul is hard to understand, don't base your doctrine on Paul."

You'll need to give a specific statement, not just this wistful brushing off of the Apostle to the Gentiles. If you think I'm twisting something, be specific.

The Spirit teaches us truth, do you imagine that doesn't include Paul's writings? I don't.

Do you think I'm ignoring something that, what, changes the meaning of Paul's writings? Be specific. Not these vague half-accusations. What is the worth of that?

Let's just read Peter's words in context, to keep it clear,

2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV
15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

You who teach the Law, do you not understand what it says? If you keep it you will live. You do not keep the Law, I know for a fact that you do not. No one does, because no one can. The Jews could, IF they were to rebuild their temple and reestablish the Levitical priesthood. Otherwise, it's impossible.

You do not keep the Law even today, and so if it's the Law you want, the Law condemns you for the failure to keep it. And it doesn't even matter whether you begin to, you've already broken it, you are already a Lawbreaker. Again, Jesus saves us.

And so God's solution,

That thing we want, power over the flesh, is not found in trying to keep the Law, just keep reading,

Romans 7:4-6 KJV
5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

How clear can this be?

Much love!
Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law.

(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy.

Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Which mean we can do as we please when we please! People we must realize everybody has laws by which we must operate by, the governments have laws, your job have laws, your card games have laws, even the boy scouts have laws. But now you are going to try and convince yourselves that the creator of the world has no laws by which we must live.

Paul didn’t come preaching and teaching his own thing, but he abided in the doctrine of Christ. (Rom. 3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sights for by the law is the knowledge of sin. The deeds of the law is referring to the animal sacrificial laws, all those sacrifices can never remove sins, so they could never be justified. This is true because the blood of Jesus can only justify us. The animal sacrificial laws was added because people continue to sin, and the wages of sin bring for death. So instead of God killing people every time they sin, the Lord gave Moses a law to use, animals. So by the other law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement) is the knowledge of sin.

Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again many professing Christians are willing to acknowledge that the other nine commandments should be kept in some way today, but reject and refuse to literally obey just one commandment, the fourth! So we see that the Sabbath command is a crucial test of obedience, for it identifies those who have surrendered to God and are striving to obey all of His commandments.

Even others lacking knowledge will say that we keep the first day of the week because Christ rose on that day or that the apostle Paul broke bread on the first day. No, Christ did not rise on Sunday that is yet another doctrine of the devil and I can prove that out of your bible without a shadow of doubt. And every day that Paul ate he broke bread what does that have to do with the Sabbath day. And as much as people try and make it seem, Paul writings in no way contradicts any writing of Jesus or the other disciple or apostles. The Lord had Peter to warn you regarding some of the writing of Paul: (2Peter3:15-16) (v.15) “even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;” (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. You need to have some pretty good understanding of the entire bible when you start to deal with Paul’s writing or you could get tied in knots.

People are always saying “but Paul said” well Paul said this to: (1 Cor.1:13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? If you are confused regarding a subject in the bible go and see what your Master has to say about the matter.

Now if Jesus is our master then we should follow His steps. (1 Peter 2:21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: And remember that Jesus is the captain of our salvation. So let’s see our captain lead by example. (Luke 4:14-16) (v.14) And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (v.15) And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. (v.16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue (the church) on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
The Law is established through faith in this way. You cannot be righteous by the Law. You can only receive God's righteousness by faith. Because of the fact that you must have faith in God to receive righteousness, this establishes that the Law is itself righteous, because you require God's remedy. Everyone does.

The Law is a ministration of death, and that truth is seen clearly in God's reconciliation in Christ. Only in Christ is Life, the Law brings death, because the Law is real, and valid, and holy and good.

The necessity for faith affirms that.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law is established through faith in this way. You cannot be righteous by the Law. You can only receive God's righteousness by faith. Because of the fact that you must have faith in God to receive righteousness, this establishes that the Law is itself righteous, because you require God's remedy. Everyone does.

The Law is a ministration of death, and that truth is seen clearly in God's reconciliation in Christ. Only in Christ is Life, the Law brings death, because the Law is real, and valid, and holy and good.

The necessity for faith affirms that.

Much love!
We say and believe what we want, but the Bible makes it clear that we have to keep the Commandments, Statues and Judgements. Most people who believe once save always save are those who keep the first day of the week, which also is not written in the Bible to keep. Jesus says clearly in Matthew 5: 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Looks like heave and earth is still here, and so is the law (Commandments). A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to.

Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We say and believe what we want,
We quote Scripture, and believe what it tells us.

1 John 3:21-24 KJV
21) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other.
James 2:14-16 KJV
14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Galatians 5:13-14 KJV
13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to.
That is true, you must do the same, IF you are an Israelite before Christ died. And you must keep it perfectly from the beginning! Lest it condemn you.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:14-16 KJV
14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Galatians 5:13-14 KJV
13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Much love!
I agree, let see Paul break that down a little more in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We quote Scripture, and believe what it tells us.

1 John 3:21-24 KJV
21) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Much love!
The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his.

This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be? This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good (Romans 7:12) even today.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul's custom was to keep the Sabbath day. (Acts18:1, 4) (v.1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; (v.4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Other evidence shows the early Church of God observed the Sabbath (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44; 18:1, 4, 11).

Remember that it was Christ: (1Peter:2: 22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Jesus did no sin. But what is sin? (1John:3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. So every time you break (transgress) one of God’s commandments you have committed sin. And one of those commandments is to: (Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. That’s why Jesus went to church on the seventh day; it is a sin to say that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath, because it is not Christ like! Just like it’s a sin to steal, kill, and commit adultery and so-forth. This is the day He would naturally have observed, because He originally made the Sabbath by resting and ordained that it be kept holy from that time forward. I’ve heard it said that you can praise the Lord any day and every day. Sure you can and you are supposed to. But you are commanded to set aside one day of the week that the Lord blessed, sanctified and made holy and that day is Saturday.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still others have said every day is the Sabbath, then you are calling God a lie because He said that the seventh day was the Sabbath not every day. (Mat.15: 6-9) “Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.” (v.7) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, (v.8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (v.9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Jesus said that you are worshipping Him in vain (for nothing) because you teach for doctrine the commandments of man. Sisters and brothers going to church on Sunday is a commandment of man (Emperor Constantine) not God. Jesus said: (John 14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments. (1 John 1:2:1,3-4) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

(v.3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (v.4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. The only way to truly know that you know Jesus is to keep His commandments.