How to avoid the mark of the Beast.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is debatable.
Very. They spoke in both languages, as well as Hebrew. There is evidence that the dominant language of the time was Greek, both spoken am be written. Mark for example quoted 3 instances where Jesus spoke Aramaic. Why would Mark note those 3 instances especially if Jesus spoke Aramaic all the time?

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very. They spoke in both languages, as well as Hebrew. There is evidence that the dominant language of the time was Greek, both spoken am be written. Mark for example quoted 3 instances where Jesus spoke Aramaic. Why would Mark note those 3 instances especially if Jesus spoke Aramaic all the time?
Mark was not an eye witness to Jesus, it is a compilation.
Thus Mark was written in Greek.
Only Saint Matthew an Apostle chosen by our Lord, both saw and hear JESUS.
The book of Matthew is a testimony.
The Sermon on the Mount was in Aramaic.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are in Aramaic as well.
Peter did not use Greek.
He was a Jewish fisherman.

Back to the topic:

Paul wrote his epistles in Koine Greek.
In them, he identified Christ as the Petra Rock:

Romans 9:33
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Similarly, Luke wrote the book of Acts in Koine Greek.
In every instance, two of which follow below, he identified Peter as a Petros stone:

Acts 1:13
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

Acts 1:15
And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

These Scriptures clearly distinguish between Christ the Petra Rock, and Peter a Petros stone.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Jesus say:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."

My Lord says my sheep hear my voice.
I believe JESUS established Sacraments.
And I believe one cannot hope to be saved without charity.
Brother, you are all over the place. well I have to sat goodbye to this thread. It is meanless and I haven't gained anything from it.
Goodbye.

Reactions: amigo de christo

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the topic:

Paul wrote his epistles in Koine Greek.
In them, he identified Christ as the Petra Rock:

Romans 9:33
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Similarly, Luke wrote the book of Acts in Koine Greek.
In every instance, two of which follow below, he identified Peter as a Petros stone:

Acts 1:13
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

Acts 1:15
And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

These Scriptures clearly distinguish between Christ the Petra Rock, and Peter a Petros stone.
JESUS said: My sheep hear my voice.

My Lord Jesus said: you are Cephas ܟܐܦܐ, and upon this Cephas ܟܐܦܐ, I will build my Church.

Saul of Tarsus is not my Lord, I am not his Sheep.

If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe.
The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, you are all over the place. well I have to sat goodbye to this thread. It is meanless and I haven't gained anything from it.
Goodbye.
If you were my brother you would hear the voice of our Shepard, and you would not follow the voice of a stranger.

You gained nothing because you did not come to hear, but to speak only.

And you leave because you have to think.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were my brother you would hear the voice of our Shepard, and you would not follow the voice of a stranger.

You gained nothing because you did not come to hear, but to speak only.

And you leave because you have to think.
Please address the topic not the individual.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

My Lord Jesus said: you are Cephas ܟܐܦܐ, and upon this Cephas ܟܐܦܐ, I will build my Church.

The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.

Codex Vaticanus is one of the earliest biblical canons, and an important contributor to development of the final canon.

It is not an Aramaic canon.

It is a Greek canon, and thus incorporates the distinction between Petra and Petros in the Greek language throughout.

Including Matthew 16:18.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Peter was a Jewish fisherman.
Jews back then spoke Aramaic. Not Greek.,So simple...
And yet on the day of Pentecost, the apostles and disciples were supernaturally speaking over 15 foreign languages and dialects, including various forms of Greek (as used in the Roman empire). So we should not discount how God works. The fact of the matter is that Greek was the lingua franca of the Roman empire at that time, and the Gospels and epistles were to be spread throughout the empire (as we know they did spread). There is absolutely no proof of any first or second century manuscripts in Aramaic, and the Syriac Peshitta is regarded as a translation from the Greek. So no matter how difficult it is to imagine, everything was written in Greek under the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

"The well-known Jewish historian of the New Testament period, Josephus, stated that the ability to speak Greek was very common not only among the general populous but also among servants and slaves."

Reactions: covenantee

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Matt 16:18 [Codex Vaticanus Gr. 1209 (B03) (4th century)]14ac1
Καγω δε σοι λεγω οτι συ ει πετρος και επι ταυτη τη πετρα οικοδομησω μου την εκκλησιαν και πυλαι αδου ου κατισχυσουσιν αυτης

πετρος is petros
πετρα is petra

Jesus and Peter knew the difference.

John 1:42
And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said,Thou art Simon the son of Jona:thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

A petros stone.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have provided the words in the Original languages.
You have not.

I do not need to fool you, someone else has done that.

The question is why do you bother?

Obviously, you want to prove that what you know is true, thus anything else must be false.
But because you cannot use the Original languages, you turn to ad hominem attacks.

You keep calling Jesus the rock, but why?
When Saint Paul calls him the Cornerstone.
LOL. What do you think a cornerstone is? It's the primary rock/stone of a building.

Other Saints call him the foundation.
But no one calls him the rock.
Is the following passage in your Bible?

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

How about this one (this is Jesus speaking about Himself):

Matthew 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does that prove?

That's like saying George Washington was no better or worse than any other President.

If Saint Peter is not special, then why did the Father reveal to him, that JESUS was the Christ in Matthew 16:17?
Did the Father reveal that only to Peter? No. So, he wasn't more special than anyone else who the Father revealed that to.

And if Saint Peter is not special, then why did JESUS rename, from Simon Bar-Jona, to Peter(Rock) in Matthew 16:18?
Because he was being made part of the foundation of the church that Jesus was building. You make him out to be the entire foundation, but Paul made it clear that all of the apostles and prophets made up the foundation of the church (Ephesians 2:19-22).

And if Saint Peter is not special, then why did JESUS give him the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, in Matthew 16:19?
He didn't only give the keys to the kingdom of heaven to Peter, though. Notice what being given those keys would result in:

Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

It would mean that whatever he bound on earth would be bound in heaven and whatever he loosed on earth would be loosed in heaven. Did this only apply to Peter? No.

Later, when Jesus was speaking to all of the disciples, He said this:

Matthew 18:18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Clearly, He gave the keys to the kingdom of heaven to all the disciples, not just Peter.

And if Saint Peter is not special, then why is he called the First in Matthew 10:2?
LOL. Jesus was not listing the disciples in order of importance there. Give me a break. That would mean He was saying Andrew was more important than people like John and Matthew? No.

And if Saint Peter is not special, then why did initiate the election of a new Apostle in Acts 1:15?
No one is saying he's not special. We're saying he wasn't more special than the other disciples.

And if Saint Peter is not special, then why did he speak, more than any of the other Apostles?
Because he liked to talk. Good grief. They all preached to the lost.

And if Saint Peter is not special, then why did Saint Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:5, say JESUS appeared to Saint Peter first?
Not because he was more special than the rest of them. Even before He appeared to Peter, Jesus appeared to the women like "Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James" who came to His tomb to discover it had been rolled away. Does that make them more special than Peter? Maybe they are the ones you should be putting on a pedestal instead of Peter.

Now, let me ask you a few questions.

If Peter (all believers are saints, so I'm not calling him Saint Peter) was special, then why did he deny Christ 3 times when asked if he knew Him?

If Peter was special, then why did Jesus say this to him:

Mark 8:31 He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. 33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

If Peter was special, then why was he only able to walk on the water for a couple seconds before sinking and having to be rescued by Jesus after Jesus told him to come out on the water with Him?

Reactions: covenantee

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Jesus say:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."

My Lord says my sheep hear my voice.
I believe JESUS established Sacraments.
And I believe one cannot hope to be saved without charity.
He says it through the apostle Paul doesn't he

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark was an assistant to Peter and the book of Mark is essentially the gospel of Peter it's evident from reading it
Assistant would not be the word. Mark was a scribe. Their task was to write down God's word as others spoke to them, or copied God's Word when necessary to preserve it for future generations. Mark would be the original source of a Gospel. Matthew came later, using text from Mark. John was written before 70AD, but Revelation came while on Patmos. Luke was the last after even Revelation, drawing from the other 3 Gospels. Luke could have even used historical sources as well.

"Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed."

Luke takes into consideration all aspects. What was believed. Eye witness accounts, ie historical record. What was already written, as well as personal testimony. This task was after Luke had already lived the majority of his life. Not something done before all the other Gospels were even written. Luke lived well into the 2nd century. Luke was written after 100AD at the earliest. It was written to set the record straight.