How to be a man in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm just cannot find that country song, there was a good saying in it though, it definitely wasn't sung this way, but it was somewhere along the lines of respecting other women the way we would respect our mothers.

I hope I come across it again, it was a good song and a good lesson for men on how us men should treat other women.

Perhaps you may have came across it?
I think it was momma's don't let your boys grow up to be cowgirls or something like that

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I watched a film called 'Risen' earlier this evening and it struck me that if today's men followed Jesus in the same way the disciples did then women would have no problem with their roles as wives, mothers or sisters in Christ."
======================================================

From all Scripture, many woman reject Jesus, and reject men of God, and reject messengers of God, every day.

Woman of faith, as God Describes,

like ABIGAIL (in Scripture), live righteously, even if their husbands are unrighteous, daily.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are saying here.

You don't have the bigger picture.

The wicked lie in wait for the righteous, intent on putting them to death; (Psalms 37:32

Imagine a horror movie from the 1980's. Five friends killed someone, and they have a secret. They looked to keep their secret so none go to jail. How far would they go?

In academia, there has been intrigue and scheming. I have liked the book "The Count of Monte Cristo" as an example for intrigue and scheming.

You, Pearl, have been going about this the wrong way. What is the root of the problem?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except if they have a father who never takes them to church, so they never hear the gospel what point is there in having a father.

Why do you think Jesus was so cross about those who cause children to go astray, that is not to learn of him.
Better if they hung a millstone about there neck and this themselves into the sea.
I would far rather have my children see Christ working in me, than join them to a religious institution.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was momma's don't let your boys grow up to be cowgirls or something like that
g\
Is this it? If it is it's weird because it's been going round in my head for a few days.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have the bigger picture.

Imagine a horror movie from the 1980's. Five friends killed someone, and they have a secret. They looked to keep their secret so none go to jail. How far would they go?

In academia, there has been intrigue and scheming. I have liked the book "The Count of Monte Cristo" as an example for intrigue and scheming.

You, Pearl, have been going about this the wrong way. What is the root of the problem?
Still don't know what you are trying to say. Perhaps it would be better to say it straight out.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still don't know what you are trying to say. Perhaps it would be better to say it straight out.

What has been going on in this thread has been wrong. It was started wrong. Started in the wrong spirit.

Have you been basking in it?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a 56 year old brother in law living with his 90 year old mommy claiming the same thing. And my wife and I just got the news he's tested positive for the Corona virus .

Oh sorry to hear that, will be praying for him and his mommy then.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys is a classic, but it's not the song I was thinking of, I think the song I was thinking of was sung by a woman.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What has been going on in this thread has been wrong. It was started wrong. Started in the wrong spirit.

Have you been basking in it?
No not at all. Over the years on these sorts of sites I've come across lots of men starting similar posts to the one you started; putting women in their place, telling us what our roles should be and how to be good wives etc.. And I thought, 'You know what, I've never seen a similar thread about men'. So I thought I would start one.

Since I became a Christian over forty two years ago I have belonged to only two church fellowships and have been greatly blessed by my Christian brothers in both places. We women have been encouraged to be ourselves in Christ, with equal roles to the menfolk, with equal authority. We have been encouraged to take part in meetings and have been supported by the brothers. Not once in all those years have I come across a man who didn't believe that women should be subservient or that women were inferior to the men. I and my sisters in Christ in these places have enjoyed the freedom given to us by Jesus and I wish to encourage other women to enjoy a similar freedom.

That doesn't mean that we think ourselves better than the men in any way, and I don't suggest that we should not come under authority. But I do think there are a lot of Christian women with much potential who are cowed by the attitude of the sort of men who would seek to rule over them. And as I see it that is not what men should be doing. Rather they should be walking alongside their women, giving them full support and allowing them to grow in Christ to become who God wants them to be.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Peter 5:8

Well being sober-minded is important, and great biblical advice for a thread like this, it applies for both Christian men and women, especially here in Australia, some people really like to get drunk on alcohol and it's not a good part of Aussie culture and then there are a lot of young people that think it's cool to smoke funny things, both have perverse effects on the mind, men are a bit worse on this than women.

I personally don't drink and don't smoke, unless if grape juice is not avaliable for communion, then I may take a small sip of wine, but very rarely.

Reactions: Pearl

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would far rather have my children see Christ working in me, than join them to a religious institution.

And what do they see:- A man who does not value the company of other believers, who sustains the teaching and discipline of belonging to a company of Christians, who does not care about other Christians or support them and who as a result will not seek help from other Christians.

That is what they will see if you do not every Sunday meet with other Christians and take them with you.

You may meet with Christians, care for them etc etc etc but do your children see that.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Windmillcharge
@mjrhealth

Yep, it's not a must, to go to services every Sunday, but being surrounded by the right people even if it's just 2 or 3 is important, good Christian influences are important.

It is not good for a Christian to be surrounded by negative influences all the time, that's how they can drift off into the world.

The reason why I say it this way, because some of you may have no choice in your workplace. So it's important we have those good Christian influences outside of work, even though it would be great if you had a few good influences at your workplace too.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No not at all. Over the years on these sorts of sites I've come across lots of men starting similar posts to the one you started; putting women in their place, telling us what our roles should be and how to be good wives etc.. And I thought, 'You know what, I've never seen a similar thread about men'. So I thought I would start one..

Wrong Spirit. Why are you in competition?

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No not at all. Over the years on these sorts of sites I've come across lots of men starting similar posts to the one you started; putting women in their place, telling us what our roles should be and how to be good wives etc.

There has been a Lilith and Jezebel Spirit some people have worked to cultivate.

Woman is meek before her husband. Man is meek before God. There is a relationship here. This is our Form.
  • The Song of Songs has been in the Bible as a representation of God's love for Israel. In a similar way, Christ has said to be married to The Church.
  • 3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3)
  • Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25)
  • Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. (Ephesians 5:22)
  • I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. (1 Timothy 2:12)
  • Bible Concordance: To Cleave. Man is Cleaved unto his wife. Man is cleaved unto God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25)

I didn't mean to cause you to feel threatened in any way but you seem to be very upset. And you do seem to think that my thread is somehow in competition with your own. But than might be said of many threads as people are inspired by threads started by others but with a different slant on things.

Are you not my brother in Christ? If so why are you being so confrontational? If you don't like my thread then please give it a miss.

Last edited: