How to be a Woman in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Titanic is sinking. Women and children were saved first. Women and children are part of hope. In 2018, given a ship was sinking, how did the men act or behave? They were thinking about themselves? Men and women were equal, and all had been in sin? There was shift in thinking.

Women represent HOPE. This may have been psychological. Some men may have hoped for a prostitute. Some men may have hoped for a wife and a child.

He must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, or a woman defiled by prostitution, but only a virgin from his own people, Leviticous 21:14

Types of women listed:

• A Widow
  • A Divorced woman.
  • A Virgin.
  • A woman defiled by prostitution.
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9)

Christian societies value virgin brides. What type of society have you been living in?

Song:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behind every great man is a good woman. Woman is an influencer. Wisdom has often been referenced in the feminine. Men have often come to their wives for council?

I can't say this is entirely true, since many of the inventions were designed by single men. If anything, being tied down to a woman will often hinder a man from reaching his full potential. I saw it with my own brother, who was on the fast track to gaining recognition as a singer, was at the very top of the R&B charts in England, until he tied the knot with his wife, now with four children. Women don't necessarily "influence" men to reach their potential, because that's not how relationships work on average. They don't pick men with potential, they often select men who already reached their potential. In other words, they wait at the finish line and pick whoever wins as a mate. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, its just a reality of women's hypergamous nature that's been quietly swept under a rug and ignored. Its just how God made them.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wisdom has often been personified as feminine. What you wrote had zero wisdom.

Female - A genderless object men have often used and passed around.

Woman - A joy. Betters quality of life. Proverbs 31.

the proverbs 31 woman is His body, His church. The New Jerusalem from above.
Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Galatians 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

She is adorned with
1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

so which woman are you talking about ...the bond maid or the free?

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say this is entirely true, since many of the inventions were designed by single men. If anything, being tied down to a woman will often hinder a man from reaching his full potential. I saw it with my own brother, who was on the fast track to gaining recognition as a singer, was at the very top of the R&B charts in England, until he tied the knot with his wife, now with four children. Women don't necessarily "influence" men to reach their potential, because that's not how relationships work on average. They don't pick men with potential, they often select men who already reached their potential. In other words, they wait at the finish line and pick whoever wins as a mate. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, its just a reality of women's hypergamous nature that's been quietly swept under a rug and ignored. Its just how God made them.

I see what you are saying.

What was his real potential? Being a singer and being popular in the eyes of men or being a dad?

The Bible has a lot of genealogies. Family is important.

Also, someone like Apostle Paul was single and seemed to not need a woman. A single man has no duties other than to God.

Reactions: Nancy

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the proverbs 31 woman is His body, His church. The New Jerusalem from above.
Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Galatians 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

She is adorned with
1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

so which woman are you talking about ...the bond maid or the free?

Someone who listened to Marxist, Christ Denying, Third Wave Feminist, Betty Friedan.......she was on her way to slavery and sin.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Titanic is sinking. Women and children were saved first. Women and children are part of hope. In 2018, given a ship was sinking, how did the men act or behave? They were thinking about themselves? Men and women were equal, and all had been in sin? There was shift in thinking.

Women represent HOPE. This may have been psychological. Some men may have hoped for a prostitute. Some men may have hoped for a wife and a child.

Types of women listed:

• A Widow
  • A Divorced woman.
  • A Virgin.
  • A woman defiled by prostitution.

Christian societies value virgin brides. What type of society have you been living in?

Song:

Signing off. This conversation is going no where. There is a spirit so proud and so lifted up in this world it would take an move of God to bring it down. Maybe I’ve only seen the bad examples and never the good ones. I was asked before to give one example of couples I know who have the kind of relationship God speaks of as a husband and wife should have. I couldn’t name any. Surely that isn’t every ones experience maybe just mine. My son in law would tell us about how much he looks to his grand parents relationship and how much they love and dote on one another. Then we went to a campfire/birthday party. His grandmother spent the entire time serving and was broken down, tired, and quiet. When she finally did sit with everyone and started talking about loving to bake cakes ...she said something the grandfather thought was stupid and he literally told her to shut her mouth and rambling nonsense and to go back in the house where she belongs. The way he spoke to her ...is not the way God speaks to His church(imo). if that was in front of us, how is it behind closed doors. I already know because my Twelve year old grandson told me. Yet she dropped her head and did as instructed and this is considered good and not evil. All she wanted was to share her love for cooking cakes for her family. I don’t get it. He said to love your enemies and your enemies would be those of your own household. otherwise what reward have you? Would love to be a fly in the homes of those claiming to be leaders but instead tear down rather than build up.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone who listened to Marxist, Christ Denying, Third Wave Feminist, Betty Friedan.......she was on her way to slavery and sin.

Hello MOF,
I see you mentioning Betty Friedan allot. I used to work for her daughter who was a pediatrician...she did not get along with her mother and I did not even know she was still living (Betty) In your last line you said she was ON HER WAY to slavery and sin. Did she repent or something? That would be hard to believe if she did but, it would also be awesome.
Thanks!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proverbs 31:25-28 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. [26] She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. [27] She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. [28] Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Matthew 5:2-8 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, [3] Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see what you are saying.

What was his real potential? Being a singer and being popular in the eyes of men or being a dad?

The Bible has a lot of genealogies. Family is important.

Also, someone like Apostle Paul was single and seemed to not need a woman. A single man has no duties other than to God.

Family is not that important if its at the expense of the man. Today a man gets nothing tangible out of a family that he can't get outside of it, hassle free and without any risk. I don't know where this claptrap about women influencing men to be great came from because its clearly not true. I wouldn't be surprised if this lie came from Satan himself looking at how he did Adam dirty through Eve.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello MOF,
I see you mentioning Betty Friedan allot. I used to work for her daughter who was a pediatrician...she did not get along with her mother and I did not even know she was still living (Betty) In your last line you said she was ON HER WAY to slavery and sin. Did she repent or something? That would be hard to believe if she did but, it would also be awesome.
Thanks!

Betty Friedan create a philosophy in the middle of a sexual revolution where many were engaged in debauchery. What would a woman like more? A career or a husband? There is a choice here.

I was a teacher in a High School classroom. I was teaching American History at a junior level. I had 15-17 year old young people. In front of me, in the front of the classroom, were two females. They were discussing the sins they were engaged in the last weekend. I threatened to make make what they were saying public to stop them talking about that in my classroom. They stopped. I did learn some things.

Many young girls have had a dream or plan. They may have planned for their wedding day. Some young girls have seen "Sex in the City" and planned to be married at age 25. They may have been engaged in debauchery or had some long term boyfriends, their plan was to be married by age 25. Her boyfriend at age 22 may have been going through an extended adolescence. He didn't know what he wanted, but he like her, and liked being with her.....until he didn't. He dumped her. She goes into panic mode and ends up with "Some Guy." Some guy who had a job. That has been more the fruit of Third Wave Feminism and Betty Friedan, and worse.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Family is not that important if its at the expense of the man. Today a man gets nothing tangible out of a family that he can't get outside of it, hassle free and without any risk. I don't know where this claptrap about women influencing men to be great came from because its clearly not true. I wouldn't be surprised if this lie came from Satan himself looking at how he did Adam dirty through Eve.

Why is family and the man separate?

I understand the hesitancy to be married today, in a today's climate. I don't need to explain it?

Wisdom in the Bible, in the Book of Proverbs, personified as feminine. There has been something to that. Maybe you would like to be single like Apostle Paul was? There is nothing wrong with that. Wisdom comes from God.

Last edited:

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Signing off. This conversation is going no where.

As a woman, you were a failure? In the OP some women were failures.

Question: Should women serve in combat in the US Military?

No.

Woman and children, psychologically or spiritually, are hope.

Given you adopted false ideology, and have been more that ideology the Christians, you have no hope here. Continue signing off.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No.

Given you adopted false ideology, and have been more that ideology the Christians, you have no hope here. Continue signing off.

I’m sorry...You don’t decide my hope. As far a His Spirit ...you also don’t decide where and when and whom He teaches either. John 10:3-5 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No.

As the loving mother of my two daughters, and loving grandmother of their children I proclaim she's no failure. I only aspire to love the way she does. You seem to be an a self appointed authority in this area, can you say you're willing to lay down your life?

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the loving mother of my two daughters, and loving grandmother of their children I proclaim she's no failure. I only aspire to love the way she does. You seem to be an a self appointed authority in this area, can you say you're willing to lay down your life?

I am a US Veteran.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I laid down my life.

It was 7:00 AM outside of a pharmacy near a University, what do we see? Girls in their pajamas with tears in their eyes trying for plan B? Plan A was they got married and did things right?

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry...You don’t decide my hope. As far a His Spirit ...you also don’t decide where and when and whom He teaches either. John 10:3-5 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

God is not a false Post Modern Mush god. You have been arguing with me? You have not understood the voice of God.

Be Ye Angry And Sin Not

The Truth hurts. Knowledge brings sorrow. Ignorance is bliss?

You don’t decide my hope.

Hope may be the first steps down the road to disappointment. Especially if that hope is not in God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a US Veteran.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I laid down my life.

It was 7:00 AM outside of a pharmacy near a University, what do we see? Girls in their pajamas with tears in their eyes trying for plan B? Plan A was they got married and did things right?
This is the product of weak men with only the ability to fullfil their own lust, children,little boys engaged in something outside their level of maturity, in regards to both of your statements due to the lack of a God filled man's presence in the institution created of God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe we should start a thread on why politicians choose impressionable immature boys to fight wars to further their special interest?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a false Post Modern Mush god. You have been arguing with me? You have not understood the voice of God.

Be Ye Angry And Sin Not

The Truth hurts. Knowledge brings sorrow. Ignorance is bliss?

Hope may be the first steps down the road to disappointment. Especially if that hope is not in God.

Not angry but admittedly in need of patience looking to often at that which is seen instead of looking for that which is not seen. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Ecclesiastes 9:14-18 There was a little city, and few men within it; and there came a great king against it, and besieged it, and built great bulwarks against it: [15] Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man. [16] Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard. [17] The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. [18] Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not angry but admittedly in need of patience looking to often at that which is seen instead of looking for that which is not seen. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Ecclesiastes 9:14-18 There was a little city, and few men within it; and there came a great king against it, and besieged it, and built great bulwarks against it: [15] Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man. [16] Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard. [17] The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. [18] Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Thumos has been a word in the Bible.

Article: Thumos in the Bible

Article: Thumos and Why Passion Must Be a Driving Force of Your Life | The Art of Manliness

To have Thumos, or righteous indignation, a man may have had have a sense of honor.

She had 1600 SAT score and was in Harvard. She ended up like a deer during hunting season.

Harvard officially bans sex between undergraduate students and teachers

You are not that smart, nor wise at this time. Stop with this foolishness, foolishness being replying to my in the manner you have.