How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless, I believe that every believer needs to search out those answers for themselves by reading the scriptures for themselves, in order for it to take root in their lives as doctrine that is truly biblical in their minds.
Hi JBF,

What you are preaching is relativism. That is a dangerous teaching that started with the Reformation.

Jesus told the Apostles 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

With that said the students of the Apostles (1st century Christians) did NOT have the option to live THEIR doctrine according to what was "truly biblical in their minds." If they rejected the teachings of the Apostles they rejected Jesus. There was AND is no relativism in Christianity. That theory was settled at the Council of Jerusalem.

When Christians get rid of relativism Jesus prayer will be answered. (John 17:21)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that the pillar and foundation of the truth is the house of God...where the believers gather together.
Ok...sooooooo....where do the believers gather together?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that the different church councils that met to determine church doctrine came up with sound conclusions in church history.
Soooo you trust the Church Councils that decided on what books belong in the NT but you don't trust all the doctrine they came up with?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lack understanding!!! You have the proof before you= you know many unbelievers get baptized to please others and you "SHOULD" know that ALL unbelievers that are baptized are bound for hell!!
Guess the red bird misunderstood .
I know many unbelievers get baptized and they are as lost as can be .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lack understanding!!! You have the proof before you= you know many unbelievers get baptized to please others and you "SHOULD" know that ALL unbelievers that are baptized are bound for hell!!
Many get baptized also under the image of another jesus . And it does them zero good too .
No true genuine faith in JESUS , is only death and leads only to the second death .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told the Apostles 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

He actually said that to everyone who would be born again of the Holy Spirit from that time forward.

What you are preaching is relativism. That is a dangerous teaching that started with the Reformation.

I am really not preaching relativism.

I am preaching that every person is going to interpret anything that they hear through the filter of their minds. So, it is better to get my information from the source rather than first through the filter of someone else's mind; such as when we receive doctrine from those in the Catholic Church who have interpreted the Bible through the filter of their minds and expect us to not use our own minds to filter what they have said; and that neither should we read the holy scriptures for ourselves and be true Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and filter what is preached by the Catholic Church through the lens of holy scripture

With that said the students of the Apostles (1st century Christians) did NOT have the option to live THEIR doctrine according to what was "truly biblical in their minds." If they rejected the teachings of the Apostles they rejected Jesus. There was AND is no relativism in Christianity. That theory was settled at the Council of Jerusalem.

When Christians get rid of relativism Jesus prayer will be answered. (John 17:21)

Again, I am not preaching relativism but acknowledging the reality that we are all thinking people and that there is nothing that will be heard by us or read by us that will not also be filtered through our thinking on what is spoken or written.

In the church.

Soooo you trust the Church Councils that decided on what books belong in the NT but you don't trust all the doctrine they came up with?

Only because some of what the Catholic Church teaches is not according to holy scripture by my estimation (as well as by the estimation of many Protestants who have been Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) concerning Catholic teaching).

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

1 Peter 2:5
you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep . Again lets look at the example of phillip and the eunach .
And the eunach asked him , SEE , HERE is some water , what does hinder me , prevent me from being baptized .
WELL NO FAITH IN JESUS would prevent one FROM being baptized . Because Phillip told him , IF YE BELEIVE
YE may be baptized . so the baptism the harlot does on new born babies , yeah sorry , that one dont count .

then baptism and s meaningless?

Gal 3:27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The eunach was returning from doing what . worshipping at jerusalem . He actually beleived in the GOD of abraham , issac and jacob.
And he knew some things in the scriptures .
Just as cornelius was gentile , Yet he too worshipped the GOD of the jews .
But neither one was saved yet . They sure did have to come to faith in JESUS . and then both were water baptized .
If JESUS said to baptize , then lets simply follow what He taught .

Jesus taught Mk 16:16 faith and baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post snipped.

I don't follow Justin Martyr, Augustine, and certainly not the anti-Trinitarian Origen.

I follow Jesus Christ and his Word is more than sufficient.

then why don’t you believe Him and do as He says

Lk 10:16 for example or acts 2:42

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
If Origen denied the Trinity was he sent by Jesus Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure if Origen was a bishop?
but the Popes are successors of Peter and the bishops of the apostles and have the kingdom authority of Jesus Christ

—————————
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

—————————

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors in the church founded in the one true founded by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anywhere they want, your house, the coffee shop, the park, camping, the beach, backyard etc........

the people are the church-the body of Christ. scripture declares God does not dwell in temples made by man

Acts 7:48
Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,

Acts 17:24-25
The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do what the Bible says. My Bible says that the Catholic interpretation of scripture is anathema.

Galatians 1:8
English Standard Version

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do what the Bible says. My Bible says that the Catholic interpretation of scripture is anathema.

English Standard Version

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Watch this three faith . watch closely . Hey spurgeons girl , i bet you already got baptized , just like i did .
WE just know its Faith in JESUS . And since JESUS said to be baptized , well we got baptized .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

English Standard Version

I do beleive it says , let him be accursed . Do notice paul even said , IF WE , as in himself , ever preached another gosple let him too be accursed . THEY really DID , by grace , FOLLOW JESUS . THEY truly did . WE sticking to our bible sister . let them have their creeds .
I stick to JESUS teachings and those of the apostels .

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl