How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In spite of this BRILLIANT defense of your confused Doctrine.....Most intelligent people that share their views in these Forums know that without “ Chapter and Verse” , your mere infantile responses and opinions are worth Exactly what we pay for them——-NOTHING......

Now, if I may respond to you at a level that you can understand, how about this? Pffffffttttttt........

Might as well put you on ignore together with then other trolls on this forum.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Curious. Does the RCC baptismal certificate states that the baptized is born again?

And if so, is that what makes the baptized, born again, in the RCC belief?
If they have been baptised then they are born again.
As I said to pearl
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born anew, [or again] he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3).... “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)
You see - born again = born of water and Spirit = baptism

So what is your answer to my question regarding the baptismal certificate?

In the Greek text, in John 3:3, it says “gennethe anothen”, which in English is “be born from above”, not really “born again”.

<<<born again = born of water and Spirit = baptism>>>

In the Greek text, in John 3:5, it says “gennethe ex hydatos kai pneumatos” which in English is “be born of water and spirit”.

And I can see that you make of that as equal to “born again” and equal to baptism. How have you arrived to that, seeing that Jesus even never mentioned about baptism to Nicodemus?

Tong
R4793

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose you believe in the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.

Of course I DO NOT BELIEVE in "your" declaration of a FALSE Doctrine.

Scripture IS Clear, "IF" a person IS SAVED; by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus, That person IS forever WITH the Lord God.

OSAS, is Expressly in regard to a person WHO; IS SAVED; by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus.

So what IS YOUR DOCTRINE concerning JESUS' offering of SALVATION?

IS it forced on you?
Can you receive it without YOUR own decision TO receive it?
Does sprinkling your head with WATER save your soul?
Does emerging your body in WATER save your soul?
Does a cleric speaking TO you save your soul?

In your own words, plainly...What is YOUR doctrine?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Interestingly, you seem to not see there how the 3000 were saved. That part which God is the doer, not man
Don't play games with me.
I told you clearly how they were saved.
I was pointing out that you seem to not see there how the 3000 were saved. Perhaps that is the case when one forgets that salvation is the work of God, not man’s. For what you seem to clearly see are what the 3000 have done, but not what God had done on those 3000 individuals.

It reminds me of what Jesus said in John 3:3, in answer to what Nicodemus said to Jesus in John 3:2.

I am not here to play games with you nor anyone.

Tong
R4794

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
And here again you say “belief + baptism = salvation”, yet in one of your post you said baptism is not necessary for salvation. You confuse me as to what you really believe.
Again - don't play games with me.
I've explained that twice already.

Again, I am not playing games with you.

Most, if not all, who read “belief + baptism = salvation” understand as I do, that baptism is necessary in your equation of salvation. That without it, even while one believes, he will not be saved. It is as though his end will be the same as that Mark in Mk.16:16 says will happen to one who does not believe.

And so, I said, you confuse me as to what you really believe or at least mean by your equation.

Whether you say that is the normal formula or not, it remains to be an equation you made. And on the left side of the equation, taking 1 of the addends out, either belief or baptism, makes the equation collapse.

Tong
R4795

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Nonetheless, whatever you decide with that, it remains that salvation is of God, is by God, is by grace. God saves through faith (Eph.2:8-9).
Jesus said He who believes and is baptized will be saved.(MK 16:16)

Yes Jesus said that. But that is only part of the whole of what Jesus said in Mark 16:16. I wonder why you always take a part of the whole sentence of Jesus when it comes to Mk.16:16. Do you not like the whole of what He said? Hmm…makes me wonder, and perhaps others too.

Tong
R4796

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Good. And even if he gets himself baptized with water, he remains unsaved.

And if you are right, then while he is not baptized, the believer is not saved. And with your doctrine there, if the believer dies without having been baptized, he will go to hell.
Again: Don't play games with me. I never said such a thing

And again, I am not playing games with you.

<<<I never said such a thing>>>

Mungo: “He will be saved IF he gets baptised.”

What do you mean by that, if not that the believer will not be saved unless he gets baptized?

Tong
R4797

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
It seems that you don’t get what I meant by my statement there. And that is perhaps because you don’t take baptism to be an act of faith.

And the 4th time, I am not playing games with you.

Is that all you have to say in response to all my post? If so, just say so.

Tong
R4798

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I forgot, that you believe in the baptism of infants.
You didn't forget anything.

I've had enough of your games. This discussion is ended as far as I am concerned..

And here it is again. I am not playing games with you.

Your belief in infant baptism is part and partial of what you believe baptism to be. It is very relevant to this discussion of salvation where you have this equation “belief + baptism = salvation”.

Of course, you can end a discussion any time you want. Most do when the going gets tough.

Tong
R4799

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No man can sincerely say “ Jesus is Lord” without having the Holy Spirit in Him.....perhaps we should start there.....
They can SAY it but it doesn't necessarily mean it's true. This is why church leaders across all traditions need to be on their guard.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm.

Let me share a biblical passage relative to that.

Acts 8:36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?”

37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.

Tong
R4787
Philip was SURE of the eunuch's commitment so he baptised him. Just as my church leaders were sure and baptised me.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl @GISMYS_7
This thread seems to have run it's course and descended into Catholic Bashing and evasions so I'm out of it.
I'm not intentionally Catholic bashing Mungo but trying to show you that there is another way of looking at the scriptures you point to to justify your beliefs. Jesus is the truth so one way or another if we follow him we will come to the truth of this and other matters. His Holy Spirit will guide us when we rely on him and not on the teachings of men. I'll see you around - God bless.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not intentionally Catholic bashing Mungo but trying to show you that there is another way of looking at the scriptures you point to to justify your beliefs. Jesus is the truth so one way or another if we follow him we will come to the truth of this and other matters. His Holy Spirit will guide us when we rely on him and not on the teachings of men. I'll see you around - God bless.

I wasn't meaning you Pearl, or GISMYS.
I apologise if it looked that way.
I was just letting you two know I wasn't going to take part in this thread any more.

Reactions: Pearl

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Philip was SURE of the eunuch's commitment so he baptised him. Just as my church leaders were sure and baptised me.
Well, we can say that with regards Philip, for scriptures tells us who Philip is.

However, can we say that with confidence with regards church leaders?

Besides, even with Philip, we know that nobody knows the heart of another, but God.

The passage in Acts 8:36-38 shows us that any one who claims and profess to believe in his heart, and confess “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God” may be baptized.

Tong
R4801

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't meaning you Pearl, or GISMYS.
I apologise if it looked that way.
I was just letting you two know I wasn't going to take part in this thread any more.
I have GISMYS on ignore so haven't seen his posts.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I take it that you don't trust church leaders. I that form experience? If we can't trust them then the Church is a really bad place.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, you can end a discussion any time you want. Most do when the going gets tough.

“ The Going gets Tough” quickly when “ debaters” Of The Word violate Biblical advice.....” Prove yourself to be a Good Student Of The Word” , knowing how to “ Rightly Divide” so you don’t have to “ Stand Ashamed”.....

Of course, there are many that lack the good sense to be ashamed when they should be....

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
So I take it that you don't trust church leaders. I that form experience? If we can't trust them then the Church is a really bad place.
No Pearl, that is not the issue. And that is not my point. It is not about church leaders, but about what we learn in scriptures regarding who may be baptized.

The point is, as shown in passages like Acts 8:36-38, that any one who claims and profess to believe in his heart, and confess “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God” and is wanting to be baptized, may be baptized.

Tong
R4802