How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corneilus was saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit before he ever got wet. Baptism is a ritual. A public confession of your faith. Communion is a ritual. Neither is required for salvation. Millions have been saved moments before death in battle, hospital beds and nursing homes without ever getting wet or even having the ability to get wet. If you think water baptism is necessary for salvation then you have just kicked millions out of Heaven.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely wasn't. And my vicar was very sympathetic to my request and only tradition prevented him from baptizing me. One has to choose spiritual re-birth and infants can't make that choice. I know my re-birthday.

This really concerns me that Catholics think they are born again because they received so-called baptism as infants. They are SO deceived and because they believe they are already born again they accept it and do nothing further and so are lost.

They need to be taught that they need a relationship with Jesus in order to be born again. They need to be taught that unless they accept Jesus on personal level by their own choice and not choices made by another person they are not saved or born again. Catholicism is damaging to spiritual health and should carry a warning telling people they are being deceived. But they seem to think it's okay to just carry on regardless. Happily though some do see the light and make the breakthrough and some even leave the Catholic Church for truth.

I pray that their eyes might be open so that they can become aware of the lies they are being taught by those they respect.

No offence to anybody personally is intended by my comments.

Thanks be to God —— I know many people that are Saved DESPITE the Catholic Church.....
All Catholics may not be Lost, but they are ALL “ Fallen from Grace” if they hold to Catholic Doctrine.....they “ Fall” because they ADD to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace, Given to Him personally by Jesus.....Their “ Additions” are generally known as “ The Seven Sacraments”.....They Trample on the Blood Of Christ and don’t know it.....They say that The Blood Of Jesus might be “ Essential” for Salvation—— it just ain’t “ Enough” for Salvation....Jesus needs a “ Co- Savior” to share the Glory with.....that “ Co-Savior” is none other than * ME*.......This is a Message straight from Hell....dint buy into it......that song you mindlessly sing every Sunday has it right ....it really “ IS” , NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD......

Reactions: TEXBOW

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks be to God —— I know many people that are Saved DESPITE the Catholic Church.....
All Catholics may not be Lost, but they are ALL “ Fallen from Grace” if they hold to Catholic Doctrine.....they “ Fall” because they ADD to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace, Given to Him personally by Jesus.....Their “ Additions” are generally known as “ The Seven Sacraments”.....They Trample on the Blood Of Christ and don’t know it.....They say that The Blood Of Jesus might be “ Essential” for Salvation—— it just ain’t “ Enough” for Salvation....Jesus needs a “ Co- Savior” to share the Glory with.....that “ Co-Savior” is none other than * ME*.......This is a Message straight from Hell....dint buy into it......that song you mindlessly sing every Sunday has it right ....it really “ IS” , NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD......
The gate to Heaven is narrow.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your vicar was correct. You were born again when you were baptised as an infant.

This would almost be laughable were it not so sad.....using your Confused Doctrine , Hitler was a “ Born Again” Saved man......

Reactions: amigo de christo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Corneilus was saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit before he ever got wet. Baptism is a ritual. A public confession of your faith. Communion is a ritual. Neither is required for salvation. Millions have been saved moments before death in battle, hospital beds and nursing homes without ever getting wet or even having the ability to get wet. If you think water baptism is necessary for salvation then you have just kicked millions out of Heaven.

We've been through all this several times in this thread.
1. What you have said is just your opinion - not backed up by Scripture.
2. Jesus said: He who believes and is baptized will be saved.(MK 16:16)
3.Peter wrote: ...eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (1Pet 3:20:21)

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your vicar was correct. You were born again when you were baptised as an infant.

This would almost be laughable were it not so sad.....using your Confused Doctrine , Hitler was a “ Born Again” Saved man......

Yes he was.
I suppose you believe in the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Blah Blah Blah
Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl

The Lord Jesus said in Matthew 7.16-20: "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Like you said, it's not whether someone has been sprinkled...
my point is that it a pastor's job to know if somebody in their flock is born again or not.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i too have known born again ex Catholics.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We've been through all this several times in this thread.
1. What you have said is just your opinion - not backed up by Scripture.
2. Jesus said: He who believes and is baptized will be saved.(MK 16:16)
3.Peter wrote: ...eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (1Pet 3:20:21)
...and the passage continues about 'the answer of a good conscience toward God'. Hebrews 9.14 speaks of the conscience being purged by the blood of Christ through the eternal Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

never follow that church my friend . It will steal the soul of all who do so . very dangerous teachings
I dont ever want to hear POPE BB . never ever . ever never ever never .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gate to Heaven is narrow.

Some say that Falling From Grace is tantamount to being damned.....the vast majority of the Church World is included in that ‘Fallen” Condition and us completely unaware of it.....so if what I claim is true , that “ Gate” is indeed Narrow...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man can sincerely say “ Jesus is Lord” without having the Holy Spirit in Him.....perhaps we should start there.....
Correct my friend . SINCERELY SAY . exactly . we cannot even call HIM LORD in TRUTH without the SPIRIT .
And this is a fact . GOD had to draw us to saving faith in JESUS . That is a fact my friend . ITS WHY paul once wrote
YE are saved by GRACE and NOT THAT , NOT THAT OF YOURSELVES , IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD .
NOW SOUND those praises out unto the glorious LORD .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never follow that church my friend . It will steal the soul of all who do so . very dangerous teachings
I dont ever want to hear POPE BB . never ever . ever never ever never .

You know that we have both been united over the many months in our disgust for the catholic “ church”.....I LOVE many Catholics —- I HATE their Doctrines...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some say that Falling From Grace is tantamount to being damned.....the vast majority of the Church World is included in that ‘Fallen” Condition and us completely unaware of it.....so if what I claim is true , that “ Gate” is indeed Narrow...
Its bad BB . most do not know the grace of GOD , are not under the grace of GOD . But under their own plan of salvation . WHICH wont and cant save them . IT IS FAITH IN JESUS THAT SAVES . NUTTING ELSE CAN , NUTTING ELSE WILL .
Folks better lock on to that and very fast . You know how often i warn against that all inclusive religoin .
WELL ITS GROWING BB . More and more folks are abandoning , IF THEY EVER REALLY EVEN KNEW IT , the one true gosple
for this all inclusive many path one which states all religoins are valid and serve GOD . What a crock of dung lie that is .
THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW and SERVE GOD , IS IN JESUS CHRIST . PEROID . That is a fact . DENY JESUS , One just DENIED GOD .
NO other plan of salvation . Your works , your hugs , your good deeds , Nothing can redeem or save one , BUT JESUS ALONE .
ITS FAITH IN JESUS that saves . YOu take that to your grave . TAKE that to your grave . STAY in the one true gosple .
AND do be sure we are following JESUS and not some other version of HIM , or that end is no good either