How to expose a false Prophet and get Satan to show Himself.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to get a false Prophet and Satan to show or expose themselves.

Look at the fruits of the prophet.

Unfortunately we don't have the gift to see the heart or the motives. In other threads there are discussions of the ONE verse that proved I am saved or unsaved.

What is the fruit?
Does the prophet/teacher build or splinter?
Are all welcome or only some?
Is there free forgiveness?

There are so many possibilities of bad fruit that there is not enough room to write it here.

When I was in the presence of a teacher that I am reasonably sure was false.

Answers to simple questions got twisted.

Member: Where is the audit?
Pastor: what audit? We are all Christians here we don't need to audit.

Member: There is to much unhealthy talk going on, WHY?
Pastor: That unhealthy talk is just rumors and gossip.
Member: I know gossip I know rumor that is in your face talking and spreading talk. The unhealthy talk is hiding from something not talking about it but talking to avoid it.
Pastor: that is still just rumor, gossip and innuendo, it has to stop.

There was a hidden thing, even hidden illegal things. Rumor, gossip and innuendo? Those things would have painted a picture of rotten the actions really were.

The unhealthy talk? It was questions
Why do things look good but feel off?
A lot of why? Questioning why's? That were called rumor and gossip, called unfounded innuendo, turned out to be so accurate that it is scary.

If questions start coming up we as Christians need to get answers.
We need an Audit? Why? Because we are Christians, fallible human beings that are temptable!
Denying even letting the questions be asked, blocking the methods of getting real answers.

Ask what is the fruit, what is the results?
Because by their fruits you will know them. By there results you will know them.

Your is Christ

Alfredthefifth

Answers to simple questions get twisted.
Talking to avoid something being found out.
This describes covert narcissism.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you claim that Jesus is God Himself then Jesus only has one will and that is his own will...

Jesus claimed to be God when He said....>"I AM", refering to Himself.
And if you own a bible, you can read John 1:10, where Jesus explains to anyone with an IQ that He created the World.
That is Genesis, where God SPOKE, and Creation was created, and that by the "WORD", and Jesus is the WORD.
Read Colossians 1:16 for an update regarding who Jesus is, and will remain.
The Pharisees understood all this, and wanted to Crucify Christ for saying that He is the "I AM".... but you dont seem to be able to comprehend it, True Faith.

Reactions: mailmandan

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus claimed to be God when He said....>"I AM", refering to Himself.
And if you own a bible, you can read John 1:10, where Jesus explains to anyone with an IQ that He created the World.
That is Genesis, where God SPOKE, and Creation was created, and that by the "WORD", and Jesus is the WORD.
Read Colossians 1:16 for an update regarding who Jesus is, and will remain.
The Pharisees understood all this, and wanted to Crucify Christ for saying that He is the "I AM".... but you dont seem to be able to comprehend it, True Faith.

Jesus never once claimed to be God, not one time...

Since you believe me to be wrong... "Whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own?"... and just incase you decided to use the "The man Jesus, "Was it the will of Jesus to do the will of his Father God?"...

You see, there is absolutely zero chance of you answering either of those questions without making God Himself and Jesus out to be liars..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus never once claimed to be God, not one time...

In John 1:10 it says that Jesus created the "world".

In Colossians 1:16, it says that Jesus created everything and that everything that exists is still held up and continue by His Power.

1 Timothy 3:16, says that "God was manifested in the FLESH" (became a Virgin born man).= Jesus

When Thomas first saw the Risen Christ, He kneeled and said... "My Lord....and my GOD"...
And God, who was standing there, didn't correct Thomas.
This makes sense, as why would God correct the Truth....

Reactions: mailmandan

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 1:10 it says that Jesus created the "world".

In Colossians 1:16, it says that Jesus created everything and that everything that exists is still held up and continue by His Power.

When Thomas first saw the Risen Christ, He kneeled said... "My Lord....and my GOD"...
And God, who was standing there, didn't correct Thomas.
This makes sense, as why would God correct the Truth....

So what you are saying is that Jesus "God" is a liar then??? Just want to be clear...

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."

Just trying to be clear in your interpretation.

For you interpretation to be correct, you would first have to establish that it is possible for God to tell a lie....

Hebrews 6:18 "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us"

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For you interpretation to be correct, you would first have to establish that it is possible for God to tell a lie....

Once you realize who Jesus was, before He came down to do "his Father's will", you might be able to realize some truth.

See, He was not a part of the heavenly Host, as they all have celestial bodies.
Christ had no body before He was Virgin born as a man, and that is because He also exists as the Spirit of God, One with God.
John 1 explains all this very clearly, so, read it when you have time.

Also, Paul said that Jesus is God manifested in the Flesh, which is true.
You would say that Paul is a liar.
I say you have that issue, based on your comments.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Consider this. Satan has an
earthly church too.
It is of course the antithesis of God's truth in Jesus Christ.

Jesus forewarned of this. And of course it arrived.
Then deceitful teachers arrived misleading, as foretold also, even the Elect.
Denominationalism fractured the gospel of Christ and formed it into the image of the fractures. Lutheran's, Methodist, etc....

God is in all that is created of and from him. As Paul reminded us. And so we are without excuse should anyone dare say, there is no evidence anything labeled ''God'' exists.

You will not reach hardened hearts of natural man,woman. Only God can change their condition.

Too often we think we lead people to Jesus. When Jesus said, no one can come to him unless the father calls them.

We are all examples of what proves the scriptures true.
There are actual born again Christians in this world. And there are those who are not.

The way to tell the difference is by,as we're told, the fruits.
That which promotes a teaching they follow that makes Jesus a mere man with a sin nature are not in Christ.
Nor are those who insist salvation is not what Jesus said it was. And as such he lied. Because he can lose us. And we can choose to leave his hand.

Those who know Jesus was God, the word made flesh who dwelt among us as the pure unblemished lamb, with the spiritual sinless nature of God, and are redeemed in him, born again as Saints in Christ, are of Christ. We are irrevocably saved in faith by God's free gift of his grace alone.

Those who mock that are among the numbered the damned.

That which makes Jesus in the image and likeness of man, when Jesus came to save man from their fallen nature, are of the devil.

It really is that easy to tell the difference.
Reach them? My dear, God hasn't done so yet.
Are we going to text a change in them?

What we encounter in those lost ones are that which and of course this is part of that carnal fallen nature, strive to lead us to believe in their false god.

''...shall seek to deceive even the elect.''

I suggest you learn the signs of their condition. Don't think you can talk them out of it. God tells us,that's something only his holy spirit can change.

Meanwhile, be ever vigilant you notice when they try to change us.
Unless it be God's will to change them, their fate is sealed.

Take note when they desperately try to take us with them.
We know that's not possible. Jesus will lose none, and no one will take us from his hand.

Meanwhile, God's own know we can't convince Satan of the truth no matter how much wasted effort we expend in the hopes that may be untrue.

Let Satan's effort to try to lead us to believe his lies , or to persuade us to believe we are not eternally secured by God giving his word literally to seal us in his promise unto the last day, serve as another sign Satan is still prowling this world like a hungry lion seeking souls to devour.

Truth is, the only ones he shall feast on are his own.

Satan was a liar from the beginning. So too are his disciples.

Yes, it really is that simple.

Don't feel bad for those destined to die in their sins.
You are saved by God's will.
They are not.
God made everyone for his purpose. Those to be saved, which is why he wrote our names in his Lambs Book of Life before the foundation of the world, and those made for the day of destruction, whose names are not there.

It's not in our power or our responsibility. All is as God wills.
God is God.
Live with that.
Satan will always explain How Jesus could be God but never explain how it is possible for either to lie..
They will quote Scripture after scripture about Jesus being God but not one Scripture that shows how it is possible for God to lie...

Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

It is impossible for God to lie.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

It is impossible for God or Jesus to lie.

I have shown mine, now show me yours that says that it is possible for God to lie.
Anything else is deflection and lies...

So whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own?

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."

If you claim that Jesus is God Himself then Jesus only has one will and that is his own will...

If you claim that it was his human will he did not do then you are calling Jesus himself a liar because he said he did not come to do his own will.

If you utilize "God the Son" you are calling Jesus God Himself and Calling God Himself a liar...

Show me one piece of scripture that says that it is possible Jesus or God Himself to lie....

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once you realize who Jesus was, before He came down to do "his Father's will", you might be able to realize some truth.

See, He was not a part of the heavenly Host, as they all have celestial bodies.
Christ had no body before He was Virgin born as a man, and that is because He also exists as the Spirit of God, One with God.
John 1 explains all this very clearly, so, read it when you have time.

Also, Paul said that Jesus is God manifested in the Flesh, which is true.
You would say that Paul is a liar.
I say you have that issue, based on your comments.
You are way out of your league here Behold.

Do you really believe these words of yours? I hope not....

I bet you think that when it is says that Jesus 'came down...' you believe he literally came from heaven don't you?

Do you know what an idiom is Behold? They are figurative expressions. Most of anything said to have 'come down from heaven' is a gift from God. Like manna from heaven, and this real food off plants/bushes never actually came down from heaven in a literal sense. Just like Jesus never came down from heaven. It means he was born from God who is himself in and of heaven, and not Jesus.

I hope you get my point.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are way out of your league here Behold.

Do you really believe these words of yours? I hope not....

I bet you think that when it is says that Jesus 'came down...' you believe he literally came from heaven don't you?

Do you know what an idiom is Behold? They are figurative expressions. Most of anything said to have 'come down from heaven' is a gift from God. Like manna from heaven, and this real food off plants/bushes never actually came down from heaven in a literal sense. Just like Jesus never came down from heaven. It means he was born from God who is himself in and of heaven, and not Jesus.

I hope you get my point.
''It means he was born from God who is himself in and of heaven, and not Jesus.'' Would you elaborate on what that means?

John 3:13

Berean Study Bible
No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.

Berean Literal Bible
And no one has gone up into heaven except the One having come down out of heaven, the Son of Man.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
''It means he was born from God who is himself in and of heaven, and not Jesus.'' Would you elaborate on what that means?

John 3:13

Berean Study Bible
No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.

Berean Literal Bible
And no one has gone up into heaven except the One having come down out of heaven, the Son of Man.

Great verse John 3:13, and here is another better more complete version of it.

(Joh 3:13) No one has ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven, the Son of Man, who is in heaven. (NEV)
or
(Joh 3:13) For no man ascendeth vp to heauen, but he that hath descended from heauen, that Sonne of man which is in heauen. (1599 Geneva)

Your version comprises of two of the three idioms. The last idiom is essential into knowing the Father and Son relationship at least on earth, and why Jesus can claim what he says, hidden in this last idiom. It ties it all together.

And it is tricky to unpack if you do not know the context, detect the idioms, and the Son's relation with his Father since his birth and while he was speaking on earth at least.

The local context of John 3:13 is revealed in the previous version, 12.

(Joh 3:12) If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how shall you believe if I tell you heavenly things? (NEV)

Jesus is saying to a chief Pharisee that if you cannot understand earthly things and metaphors as I describe salvation and rebirth, how can I speak to you in heavenly terms.

And then he clearly says he is the only one that can speak in heavenly terms.

So in verse 13, Jesus says with the three idioms exposed and expanded:

No human being knows or has learned of how to speak in heavenly terms to anyone (idiom #1 - no man has ascended up to heaven).

Only he can speak of such things because he was born of God (idiom #2 - he came down from heaven),

And he can speak in heavenly terms to people at any time and at that time, right then, because the Father is in him, his word, as he currently speaks or spoke (idiom #3 - the Son of man who is in heaven). He is the word of his Father of course and knows the words of his Father to speak of them to people.

Hope this helps...

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Great verse John 3:13, and here is another better more complete version of it.

(Joh 3:13) No one has ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven, the Son of Man, who is in heaven. (NEV)
or
(Joh 3:13) For no man ascendeth vp to heauen, but he that hath descended from heauen, that Sonne of man which is in heauen. (1599 Geneva)

Your version comprises of two of the three idioms. The last idiom is essential into knowing the Father and Son relationship at least on earth, and why Jesus can claim what he says, hidden in this last idiom. It ties it all together.

And it is tricky to unpack if you do not know the context, detect the idioms, and the Son's relation with his Father since his birth and while he was speaking on earth at least.

The local context of John 3:13 is revealed in the previous version, 12.

(Joh 3:12) If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how shall you believe if I tell you heavenly things? (NEV)

Jesus is saying to a chief Pharisee that if you cannot understand earthly things and metaphors as I describe salvation and rebirth, how can I speak to you in heavenly terms.

And then he clearly says he is the only one that can speak in heavenly terms.

So in verse 13, Jesus says with the three idioms exposed and expanded:

No human being knows or has learned of how to speak in heavenly terms to anyone (idiom #1 - no man has ascended up to heaven).

Only he can speak of such things because he was born of God (idiom #2 - he came down from heaven),

And he can speak in heavenly terms to people at any time and at that time, right then, because the Father is in him, his word, as he currently speaks or spoke (idiom #3 - the Son of man who is in heaven). He is the word of his Father of course and knows the words of his Father to speak of them to people.

Hope this helps...
Yes. Jesus being the word made flesh is in heaven.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Jesus being the word made flesh is in heaven.
Nice try and twisting this idiom to your Trinity doctrine, and it is a worthless contribution. Jesus never became anything more that what we know of him in scripture without adding extra-scriptural devices or tags to him. God and HIS own word was inside the Son, period after his baptism and with spiritual power!

Logos is never a person, it is a thing, a neuter. And those that say and believe IT as a male gender are misguided or are liars. I hope you see my very sharp point here! I can walk you through all this as well although it will take several pages.....and I doubt you would be interested in it anyway.

Well at least I showed you the 3 idioms in John 3:13. Most people really are ignorant of idiom expressions used throughout the OT and NT.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Nice try and twisting this idiom to your Trinity doctrine, and it is a worthless contribution. Jesus never became anything more that what we know of him in scripture without adding extra-scriptural devices or tags to him. God and HIS own word was inside the Son, period after his baptism and with spiritual power!

Logos is never a person, it is a thing, a neuter. And those that say and believe IT as a male gender are misguided or are liars. I hope you see my very sharp point here! I can walk you through all this as well although it will take several pages.....and I doubt you would be interested in it anyway.

Well at least I showed you the 3 idioms in John 3:13. Most people really are ignorant of idiom expressions used throughout the OT and NT.
Firstly, my comment cannot be thought to reflect trinitarian doctrine. My post held to scripture and its text.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan will always explain How Jesus could be God but never explain how it is possible for either to lie..
They will quote Scripture after scripture about Jesus being God but not one Scripture that shows how it is possible for God to lie...

Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I have shown mine, now show me yours that says that it is possible for God to lie.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me."

If you claim that it was his human will he did not do then you are calling Jesus himself a liar because he said he did not come to do his own will.

If you utilize "God the Son" you are calling Jesus God Himself and Calling God Himself a liar...

Show me one piece of scripture that says that it is possible Jesus or God Himself to lie....
Jesus wasn't just the son of God, but also the son of man, fully God, but also fully man. As the Son of God He could satisfy His own covenants and initiate a new and better one. As the Son of Man He could experience temptation and act as our perfect high priest. You do know that God is Spirit and that spirit is immaterial, right? A spirit can not die to satisfy a broken covenant, nor shed its blood in remission of sin or to establish a new covenant. God HAD to become man to do this. There's no other possible way.

"Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me." Hebrews 10:5

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP is the LIAR, because the OP in other threads had been declaring against the Scriptures that Jesus Christ is NOT God.

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

KJV

That is a quote from the Book of Isaiah about Christ Jesus as God, which also reveals His other Titles...

Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

KJV

What? How could the orthodox JEWS miss that, along with God's declaration about a Child born of a virgin per Isaiah 7, and quoted there in Matthew 1:23 also?

I realize why an orthodox unbelieving JEW would not know about that Matthew 1:23 verse, but not how they would MISS the Isaiah 7:14 verse where Matthew 1:23 was QUOTING from!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no lie by Christ not saying He did/does his own will.

This helps to understand what you are actually after:
Hebrews 6:18 "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us"

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
What should be understood, is that for Jesus to lower Himself and take on "the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men", simply made God not quite or fully Himself. Thus, Jesus spoke correctly to say that He did not do His own will during that time, but rather did the will of God in full. Which is not to say, Not My will, but to say, not in part. And His prayer of "Not My will, but Your will be done", was His prayer that all be done, rather than only part.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there really posters that do not know that God is all Truth'perfect and cannot lie!!!
Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, WHICH GOD; THAT CANNOT LIE; promised before the world began”. ALTHOUGH all things are possible with God, but THREE THINGS ARE IMPOSSIBLE with Him: He cannot LIE, He cannot DIE and He cannot FAIL. One of the fundamental bases of our trust in God is His moral attributes, His impeccable Holiness and eternal nature.

You haven't caught the original posters FALSE RHETORIC.

He/she is trying... to force a situation to where IF... you claim Jesus is God, then it would make The Father, or Jesus Himself, a liar.

Fact is, Jesus called HIMSELF GOD in Scripture... and most likely the UNBELIEVING JEW is NOT familiar with that New Testament Scripture...

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, If I honour Myself, My honour is nothing: it is My Father That honoureth Me; of Whom ye say, that He is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I know Him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know Him, and keep His saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"

58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

59 Then took they up stones to cast at Him: but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
KJV

The "I AM THAT I AM" is one of God's sacred names, and when He said that to them, they knew He was claiming to be GOD. That's why they picked up stones to stone Him.

John 14:8-9
8 Philip saith unto Him, "Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us."

9 Jesus saith unto him, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, 'Shew us the Father?'"

KJV

Like I said, an orthodox UNBELIEVING JEW would not be familiar with those New Testament Scriptures, and would doubt Christ Jesus as God The Son.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Nope, John 1:1 exposes your own deception.

“So shall my word be, that goeth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I will, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

(Isaiah 55:11, Geneva Bible)

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. This same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. In it was life, and the life was the light of men. And that light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.”

(John 1:1-5, Geneva Bible)

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw the glory thereof, as the only begotten Son of the Father) full of grace and truth.”

(John 1:14, Geneva Bible)