How to know if we've passed the test

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
as long as those are "beliefs" (not AT in your perspective iow) you'll be fine i guess

"I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one"

There I was, thinking you were ignoring me,or put me on an ignore list! :D
As for mjrhealth...I believe he has " taken a powder", as has Pia.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
In the grand scheme of things, we've all flunked the test (save one). Perhaps we pass the test when we repent of flunking the test? Having faith that we have the unmerited favor of God even when we screw-up, is the only way to be an A student. But short of that, when we turn from sin, chose to be obedient to God and do the right thing, we grow in righteousness and pass the test.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, unfortunately our generation is suffering from spiritual blindness and self saving prophecy.
why even tag me if you aren't going to respond to the post?
The devil likes to use nonbelievers to mix truth with lies. they follow that spirit
again this makes no sense as a follow on from my comment, wherein i implied that the race Paul counsels us to "run" is negated by your philosophy here? No recognition at all? What is that, anyway? Do you need me to rephrase the post?

it seems like you maintain "there is nothing for me to do,"
when Scripture asks "if not you, then who?"

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained.

But Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

see, i just don't see
how removing the plow is going to help you here?
and i'm leaving you untagged on purpose, see, so that you can just ignore this if you like, ok
since we really aren't having a convo anyway, i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John is using language to describe two groups of people and two destinations...

1. Books were opened (plural)
2. The book of life was opened (for believers only)
3. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. (books plural)
4. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life (meaning that some were found in the book of life)

Rev 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

The GWT is referring to believers and nonbelievers who were born and who have died in the 1000 yr millennium. Ask yourself why the book of life was opened if God already knew they were all nonbelievers.

I believe being changed from mortal to immortal is for us at first resurrection and rapture. The believers that are born in the 1000 yr reign will eventually die and have to wait for their resurrected bodies at the GWT.

God bless

No he is not. Hoping others don't read them? If you read it correctly, there are not 'two' groups of people being judged. There is only one.

(Rev. 20:11-15) says: 1.) "the dead, small and great"

The 'dead' are not the living. The second resurrection pertains to 'the dead'.

Why does God go through any judgement process when He already knows the outcome? Stupid argument. He does it so that 'you' know.

Stranger

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
No he is not. Hoping others don't read them? If you read it correctly, there are not 'two' groups of people being judged. There is only one.

(Rev. 20:11-15) says: 1.) "the dead, small and great"

The 'dead' are not the living. The second resurrection pertains to 'the dead'.

Why does God go through any judgement process when He already knows the outcome? Stupid argument. He does it so that 'you' know.

Yes, it pertains to the dead, including believers who have died in the 1000 years. There's a reason why believers in the first resurrection are considered blessed, Rev 20:6.

Zech 8:4-5 shows people growing old in the millennium.

Death will cease to exist only when the New Earth begins, Rev 21:4.

There are no stupid arguments when discussing such things.

Zech 8:4-5 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Once again men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each of them with cane in hand because of their age. 5The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there.”

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Rev 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

God bless.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it pertains to the dead, including believers who have died in the 1000 years. There's a reason why believers in the first resurrection are considered blessed, Rev 20:6.

Zech 8:4-5 shows people growing old in the millennium.

Death will cease to exist only when the New Earth begins, Rev 21:4.

There are no stupid arguments when discussing such things.

Zech 8:4-5 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Once again men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each of them with cane in hand because of their age. 5The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there.”

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Rev 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

God bless.

The first resurrection is for those who do not experience the second death. (Rev. 20:6) The first resurrection is for believers. The second resurrection is for unbelievers who will be judged by their works and will experience the second death.

It doesn't matter when the believers die and are raised, they have part in the first resurrection. The unbelievers are raised only once at the Great White Throne judgement.

The terms 'first' and 'second' when used with the resurrections simply define the type of resurrection. So though other believers had been resurrected before, they still took part in the first resurrection. See again, (Matt. 27:52-53), (1 Cor. 4:16-17), (Rev. 20:4-6). These are different resurrections in points of time but all are part of the first resurrection.

As (Rev. 20:6) says, only those who have part in the first resurrection are those that the second death has no power. So, any believing who die during the millennium or are translated after the millennium will have part in the first resurrection.

Your idea of one general resurrection appears to be the simpler belief, but in reality creates confusion when one reads in the Bible the various resurrections that are mentioned.

Stranger

Last edited:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
So, any believing who die during the millennium or are translated after the millennium will have part in the first resurrection.

Translated after the millennium will have part in a resurrection that's already taken place? Whaa??

Stranger, you're not addressing people who are born in the 1000 years. What you're saying is those that are born in the 1000 years and come to faith later in their life inside the 1000 years for example, receive their resurrected bodies and become immortal right where they stand. Is this what you're saying.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translated after the millennium will have part in a resurrection that's already taken place? Whaa??

Stranger, you're not addressing people who are born in the 1000 years. What you're saying is those that are born in the 1000 years and come to faith later in their life inside the 1000 years for example, receive their resurrected bodies and become immortal right where they stand. Is this what you're saying.

Pay attention. Go back to post #51 where I said the same thing in light of your question.

Whaaa?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we are given it based on common sense. Dead believers in the 1000 yr need to go somewhere, which is the GWT. The first resurrection is prior to the 1000 yr Stranger.

You are such a coward. Post the whole reply I gave which will explain why those who die or live to the end of the millennium will have their part in the first resurrection and not the second or second death.

Your 'common sense' is foolish. Nothing says the first resurrection is prior to the 1000 year reign of Christ. The first resurrection encompasses all those who are believers no matter when they are raised. Something I have said already, which you ignore.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Post the whole reply I gave which will explain why those who die or live to the end of the millennium will have their part in the first resurrection and not the second or second death.

Stranger, by the time the 1000 yr begins the first resurrection has come and gone. It's prior to the 1000 yr bro. Are you trying to reverse time? :rolleyes:

Nothing says the first resurrection is prior to the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Ok, so where would you place the first resurrection? :confused:

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger, by the time the 1000 yr begins the first resurrection has come and gone. It's prior to the 1000 yr bro. Are you trying to reverse time? :rolleyes:

Read again my post #71.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Read again my post #71.

The first resurrection is prior to the 1000 yr. It is for rapture and those who have died in the grace dispensation, and for the martyrs who have died inside the 70th week. Placing the first resurrection after 1000 yr is false.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first resurrection is prior to the 1000 yr. It is for rapture and those who have died in the grace dispensation, and for the martyrs who have died inside the 70th week. Placing the first resurrection after 1000 yr is false.

You have said nothing to prove my statements in my post #71 as wrong. You simply state your view. Again, your word is not the final word.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is one future time of resurrection and judgment of all, that will take place on the last day.

There are "Two" resurrections that take place on this last day, "First" the righteous into the kingdom, "Second" the wicked to the lake of fire.

John 6:40KJV
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.