How to Test the Spirits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
step further:

Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Eph 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Who was the angel Jacob wrestled with.. his name is secret.

Gen 32:24
And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
Gen 32:25
And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
Gen 32:27
And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
Gen 32:28
And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Gen 32:29
And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

Jdg 13:17
And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?
Jdg 13:18
And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

Phl 2:8

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Phl 2:9
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phl 2:10
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Phl 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The rich man and Lazarus in the parable I believe is the same person. And the gulf between then is Faith.

Does Satan do anything by faith or is he presumptuos, high minded, heavy handed?
What does it mean to humble oneself? And why would Jesus need to be humbled?

I look at the book of Revelation as if it is written with a mirror view.
It is what we see happening in heaven, so what we see on earth is just an image of that.

I see this image we call Satan, all powerful, controlling, demands worship, you can't do this or that without his authority and his seal, his name, or his status.

Then we see Jesus, who came to earth and humbled himself and gave himself to death.
The last thing to be destroyed is death itself.

The old man.

Jesus was baptised..

Mat 3:16
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

How many Sons does God have?
Jhn 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Luk 16:23
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Rev 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Mat 20:22
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

1Jo 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Jhn 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Mar 9:5
And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Rev 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Moses ruled over Israel. Jesus is head of the Church.
Where did Moses' body go?

so if I say that I believe it's possible that Satan was God's right hand man. But he wanted to be God and not just serve him.
So God threw him down to the earth and put him in human form under the law which he created, and he had to humble himself, repair the damage he had done,
By becoming the very sin he inflicted on man. He had to tempt himself and overcome, and die the death he created.
He had to do all of this through faith. He had to go through the fire and be purified. Moses.

And then God gave him his own Kingdom and a new name because he pleased God, and was begotten as his only Son. Jesus.

Then people say I'm crazy, that's not possible....

I see it as simply another layer of the onion that gets peeled one layer at a time.

2Jo 1:3
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Just THINKING..
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Er... NO, he is not and there's nothing in scripture showing the Lord said that he was.

He is in opposition to God and will be separated from God for ALL eternity in a place created for him and all his demons, a place where eternal fire is never quenched.

Wow! So you are accusing God of having darkness and evil in Him!

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light,
and in Him is no darkness at all.
God said himself he creates evil.
Whats the problem?
Isa 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Wow, so you calling God a liar?

lol Hugs

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said himself he creates evil.

No, that's the faulty king james translation.

God assumed responsibility since a being he created is the one that cause evil to come forth... and God created lucifer perfect... it was lucifer that causes evil, not God.

Ezekiel 28:15
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.

If you'd like to show favor to satan... it will end badly for you.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's the faulty king james translation.

God assumed responsibility since a being he created is the one that cause evil to come forth... and God created lucifer perfect... it was lucifer that causes evil, not God.

You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.

If you'd like to show favor to satan... it will end badly for you.
So it's only faulty when it says something you disagree with?
Ok
Well where did iniquity come from?

What is it's origens?

What is vanity and where did that come from?

Who created All things seen and unseen?

Hugs

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm reading this exchange between Jesus and the "son's of thunders' mother, concerning who sits where.
And there so many levels to this..
I'm not sure I understand the relevance of this story.

What God showed me is what He is going to do, who He has chosen to sit at His right (His Lamb) and who is going to sit on His left, Satan (a perpetual visual reminder of who He had His Lamb died for and redeem)

I am in awe of our Creator's love for us who do not deserve it. While we were dead in our sin, Father sent His Lamb to die for us to redeem us to Themself.

While Satan and all those held in the lake of fire as a consequence for their sin, on eternal death row, the Lamb Who had died for all sin waits patiently for the time when all eventually repent and accept His atoning sacrifice, the ransom He paid for all.

No to limited atonement. Yes to irresistible grace.

Jesus said He did not know who would sit on His left and right in His kingdom. But His Father did. The Father has always known who will sit on the Father's left and right in His eternal kingdom.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What God showed me is what He is going to do, who He has chosen to sit at His right (His Lamb) and who is going to sit on His left, Satan (a perpetual visual reminder of who He had His Lamb died for and redeem)
I can see that.
So could I go a step further and say, Jesus is the body of born again Christians.
And Satan is the body of unbelievers?
The sheep on the right and the goats on the left.
And yet the lamb was slain for All.

God made both sheep and goats. Everything belongs to God.
Does God despise goats? Does he love sheep more than goats?

God created Satan, God created Jesus. Does God love one son more than the other?
There is a verse in the bible where it says God said, Jacob have I loved but Esau I hated.

Mal 1:1
The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.
Mal 1:2
I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
Mal 1:3
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Mal 1:4
Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.
Mal 1:5
And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The LORD will be magnified from the border of Israel.

You go back to the story of Jacob and Esau. It was Rabekah that chose sides. It was Rebekah that told Jacob to decieve his father Isaac, thus giving Jacob Esau's inheritance.

God used the woman to persuade the man to decieve his brother and his father.
Wow flash back to the garden...

This is the testimony that was given concerning Esau:
Gen 25:28
And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

It was Rebekah that stole her father's gods. Rebekah is a thief and a liar.

And yet the prophecy that Malachi gives is one based on what was in Rebekah's heart.

God did tell Rebekah that she had 2 people fighting in her womb and that the elder would serve the younger.
And she used her cunning to bring this prophecy to pass.

Same way I see Satan entering into Judas to make the prophecy concerning the 30 pieces of silver to come to pass.

When we get to the book of Revelation there are no hands.
We see the lamb of God sitting in his Fathers throne with the Glory of God emitting from the lamb.
On the outside of the gates are all those that oppose God.

This outside the gates... is this Satan's kingdom God gives to him?

So this is kind of sideways instead of up and down.

On this side of the mirror is the Lamb in the throne. On the other side of the mirror is Satan and his kingdom of darkness.

If Satan is destroyed forever, then where do these outside the gate who reside in darkness and not eternal hell fire, come from?

Rev 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I heard, rules with a rod of iron...
I'm not ready to go there yet.

But I hear you... Satan was given a kingdom. But it was taken from him and given to the lamb.
And if thy hand offend thee cut it off.
And if the branch be cut off it can be grafted in again...

Interesting. Thank you for sharing
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is talkin about 'ol slewfoot...

Looking for the "root" of the matter:

Isa 14:29
Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

1Ti 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

money, it's always money...

is the root of Satan money? no, is the love of money Satan?

no, it's the coveting of money, or coveting in general. Covetousness.

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

covet, lust..

Mic 2:1
Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.
Mic 2:2
And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage.
Mic 2:3
Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.

devise iniquity..covet fields, oppression.

God devises evil, the time is evil.

What a man sows that shall he reap.

Psa 7:8
The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
Psa 7:9
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
Psa 7:10
My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
Psa 7:11
God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
Psa 7:12
If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
Psa 7:13
He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
Psa 7:14
Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
Psa 7:15
He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
Psa 7:16
His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
Psa 7:17
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

studying..
Hugs

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Yes! What this person thought, what they felt, what they did resonates with me.

I look forward to the day when His righteousness is found in every last being which He created.

I praise Him in advance for His plan of salvation that knows no limits. I marvel at His patience and longsuffering which enables Him to wait for every prodigal He created to return home to Him.

What a party there will be when the angels are reunited. My heart rejoices right now as I write this post.

Oh the embrace of the Creator on these prodigals, those who were afar off, enemies, defiant, rebellious ones when they come to their senses, their eyes are open, their heart is softened and like us, they repent and accept the payment the Lamb made for their offences.

Not just some of the angels but EVERY angel will rejoice when the last angel repents and enters into the Kingdom of their Creators.

Reactions: Ziggy

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And if the branch be cut off it can be grafted in again...
Absolutely. There is no limiting the love of God, His mercy and grace endures forever. No limits on what the blood of His Lamb can cleanse. No limitation to where His arms of can reach to redeem and RESTORE.

All glory to God our Creator!

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sad to see that some know so little about God's Word that they
don't understand the difference between God . . . and the devil . . .
clueless-doh.gif

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye
It's sad to see that some know so little about God's Word
Yes I agree with you. And I am definitely one of them. The Word of God Who once become flesh and now sits at His Father's right in heaven, where we too are seated, inside the Lamb of God, the Word of God, God's Word through Whom this creation was made.

How much time do we spend in Their presence in heaven? How often do we communicated with them and They with us in heaven?

I love Them enough to get into Their presence and enjoy Their company. I desire to make more time to enjoy Them where they are. I used to expect Them to come to me but not so much anymore. I desire to take up Their offer to go to Them, to set my mind, my heart there with Them.

The invitation is to go boldly to God Who sits on His throne, into the holy of holies at any time. What a privilege this is. I hope more of us take full advantage of this opportunity to establish a growing personal, intimate relationship with Them IN HEAVEN.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much time do we spend in Their presence in heaven?

They who? You're not talking about contacting the dead are you
(those that have died physically and are no longer on Club Earth)

The recipe for being deceived is to not put God's written Word first and judge all things we believe we are getting in the spirit by the written Word of God... the Holy Spirit's mandate is to lead us in to ALL of God's Word and God's Word IS Truth.

Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Romans 8:14
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye

Yes I agree with you. And I am definitely one of them. The Word of God Who once become flesh and now sits at His Father's right in heaven, where we too are seated, inside the Lamb of God, the Word of God, God's Word through Whom this creation was made.

How much time do we spend in Their presence in heaven? How often do we communicated with them and They with us in heaven?

I love Them enough to get into Their presence and enjoy Their company. I desire to make more time to enjoy Them where they are. I used to expect Them to come to me but not so much anymore. I desire to take up Their offer to go to Them, to set my mind, my heart there with Them.

The invitation is to go boldly to God Who sits on His throne, into the holy of holies at any time. What a privilege this is. I hope more of us take full advantage of this opportunity to establish a growing personal, intimate relationship with Them IN HEAVEN.
God thinks of everybody :D

I'm not a socialite, I like to stay to myself. So while you have the privledge to come before them with the mariad of saints to praise him.
I on the other hand have the privledge of opening the door and having them come in and sup with me.
Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Jhn 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
:D

"I hope more of us take full advantage of this opportunity to establish a growing personal, intimate relationship with Them IN HEAVEN."

And on earth. :D

Hugs

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm not a socialite, I like to stay to myself. So while you have the privledge to come before them with the mariad of saints to praise him.
I on the other hand have the privledge of opening the door and having them come in and sup with me.
Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Jhn 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
:D

"I hope more of us take full advantage of this opportunity to establish a growing personal, intimate relationship with Them IN HEAVEN."

Hugs
Yes, agreed. In heaven and on earth too. My heart leaps for joy as I reflect on the past couple of hours after being with Them in heaven and back here on earth.

Today I was able to sit with God in heaven and reflect on Jesus's invitation to drink from a pool of living water before His throne. He said to hop in and swim in this life giving water. He said drink freely and be filled. It was so liberating and exhilarating that the mere remembrance of it stirs my heart and causes it to leap for joy as I write this post.

Though I'm a newcomer to this forum, I have enjoyed the opportunity to share a little of what our Creators have freely given me so I can freely share with others in the space. And vice versa.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, the glow of being in His presence in heaven earlier today has continued as I engage with the things on earth. The peace, the joy, the acceptance I have with Jesus, myself and others is great.

It prepared me for the challenges that have come in the past hour. The temptation to pursue money in the next 24 hours at the expense of fellowship, was real but I was able to resist it quickly.

It's great to see things so clearly, to see the temptation for what it is and to reject it and to be very ok with the loss for Jesus's and His body's sake.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Reading your post again I am almost in tears with gratitude to our Father for, yes, Him thinking of everybody and in particular I'm so glad you have that tailor made relationship with Him, Ziggy.

I love our Father and marvel at how much He loves us.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth
Yes, agreed. He is amazing. I love Him and having a personal intimate relationship with Him. How much closer can one get to another being than to have them inside of us. The Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of God Himself actually inside our being. Wow! Now that's GOOD NEWS!

With Him in us we can be led by Him. That's an amazing experience that those who don't have Him inside them cannot know. I do feel sad for them. I hope more and more get to experience this dynamic relationship as I have with Him.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Creators Who said, let Us make man in Our image.

Our fellowship is with God thru the Holy Spirit here on earth based on God's promises and warnings found in His written Word. Out of body experiences are not promised by the Lord.

Positionally we are considered to be IN Christ... but there are no literal trips to Heaven like we see happen to Paul as this is as the Lord wills, and not something we decided to do on our own

Claiming to literally pop in and out of Heaven is what some of the delusional charismatics claim that you see on Sid Roth's show...and they always have unbiblical doctrine they claim they got from a visit to Heaven that does not agree with God's Word which is how we know they are delusional

Reactions: Cassandra