How to Test the Spirits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's Godly medicine....

Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God always knows what is the best choice for us in each and every decision we have to make while we still have time. Regardless of what any tempters know or do not know, if we are continually surrendering to God and following Him, we will not go astray. I believe this!
Thats the problem, many Christians fill the pews and claim they have surrendered their lives to Him, and yet continue in sin and its bondage.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats the problem, many Christians fill the pews and claim they have surrendered their lives to Him, and yet continue in sin and its bondage.
For me the surrendering needs to be a continuing thing. To surrender to God once is good, but to walk alone in the manner that God knows that we should is an impossible thing for man in his flesh. Without Him we really can do nothing good, God alone is good. God is not tempted, but we, [most all believers] on the other hand, I believe continue to be tempted. When the temptations have been completely and finally overcome in us we will not sin any more. Who has arrived that place? Not me, at least not yet, but I continue to surrender daily and more often than that.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me the surrendering needs to be a continuing thing. To surrender to God once is good, but to walk alone in the manner that God knows that we should is an impossible thing for man in his flesh. Without Him we really can do nothing good, God alone is good. God is not tempted, but we, [most all believers] on the other hand, I believe continue to be tempted. When the temptations have been completely and finally overcome in us we will not sin any more. Who has arrived that place? Not me, at least not yet, but I continue to surrender daily and more often than that.
We must share that with others as its important in our road to be cleansed of sin and sanctification.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There ya go!