How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh…you don’t think anyone will hear my post and examine themselves Epi? I suppose…IF they have the down payment, there is at least some small chance they will see it and think, wait, could MY mind be doing this with scripture since I am human and my mind operates in those odd ways too…??!

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As SBG said...the carnal mind is accustomed to filling in the blanks in order to make sense in a TEMPORAL environment. That same tendency is DISASTROUS when applied to understanding the bible. Words and added in, entire verses , paragraphs, and chapters overlooked to get at the support one requires to prop up a religious premise.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sigh…you don’t think anyone will hear my post and examine themselves Epi? I suppose…IF they have the down payment, there is at least some small chance they will see it and think, wait, could MY mind be doing this with scripture since I am human and my mind operates in those odd ways too…??!
The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom. That is SO true. So don't expect those who have left off the fear of the Lord to heed any higher wisdom.They will rally around dogmatic/political statements..to drown the wisdom out. Just watch...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As SBG said...the carnal mind is accustomed to filling in the blanks in order to make sense in a TEMPORAL environment. That same tendency is DISASTROUS when applied to understanding the bible. Words and added in, entire verses , paragraphs, and chapters overlooked to get at the support one requires to prop up a religious premise.
I kind of giggle in my head when someone says, you’re taking it out of context!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think that those who consider themselves to be rich...even if one of them came back from the dead to warn them...would heed any warning. Instead, they would simply say...see another who has been poisoned by "(fill in the blanks)".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everyone has a premise and presuppositions they read into the Bible. You are no exception to this rule. It is impossible not to read the Bible without a bias.
Unless one is led by the Spirit...or IN The Spirit. But mostly it's just one religious opinion exalting itself over another.

The truth is never considered as it sounds too far outside the reaches of the carnal mind.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you read the Bible with having no presuppositions ? For example if you are a trinitarian can you read the Bible without seeing the trinity ? If you are a unitarian can you read the bible without denying the deity of Christ?
So you are saying there is no man on earth that God has removed the leaven of men from or that He has even just come a long way in removing it from?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you read the Bible with having no presuppositions ? For example if you are a trinitarian can you read the Bible without seeing the trinity ? If you are a unitarian can you read the bible without denying the deity of Christ?
Sure. But those are secondary issues. The real issue is to miss the gospel entirely by diverting it from its divine foundation...in order to justify sin in the flesh.

All of these various carnal interpretations share that one vast error together.

It's funny that there is no final unity on what actually stands against the truth..because that would mean being honest.

As in...let's all agree that whatever we believe in...it doesn't matter...as long as we deny the power of God over sin by grace...(whereas that grace makes us responsible for being overcomers just like Jesus). Let's all just agree that Jesus is the One whom God judges...NOT US.

If people could be honest then all would agree on the same Great Delusion.

But the pride of men must be factored in...and God indeed did that so that Babylon would remain divided. Hence the thousands of denominations.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I often can’t keep up with threads any more, they are just too fast moving and I’m even a slower thinker than I used to be.….sometimes think I should retire from forums, but just want to drop this off. A couple of days ago, when I sat down to read my bible, I happened to open it here and began reading this passage, and the Lord began to feed me with understanding, because I had never really understood this before, and maybe I’m one of the last to get this now, but if memory serves (which it doesn’t always) I think some here have not been rightly dividing it:

Phl 3:9-17

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended
: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be THUS MINDED: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Paul is saying that he does not count himself to have apprehended……and that we, no matter whereto we have attained, are to be of the same mind as him. Ie, not to ever count ourselves as having “arrived” in this life, so to speak. Some translations translate v 14 as being an upward call…..which is directional rather than having a fixed mark. Ie, the mark of the prize of the upward call or high calling is directional and not fixed, in this life. We are to keep running this race with all that we’ve got, and keep growing upward.

Before he was saved Paul persecuted the church badly, and since the bible says who has been forgiven much loves much, he laboured more than all the other apostles. If someone who was as devoted and fruitful as Paul could say that he didn’t count himself to have apprehended, then surely how much more should we not exceed that mind (way of thinking) as well.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying there is no man on earth that God has removed the leaven of men from or that He has even just come a long way in removing it from?
No I'm saying everyone has presuppositions they read into scripture. Everyone has a set of beliefs. Everyone has a bias when they read the Bible. There may be times when we read and study that we do not but that is the exception to the rule.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But those are secondary issues. The real issue is to miss the gospel entirely by diverting it from its divine foundation...in order to justify sin in the flesh.

It's funny that there is no final unity on what actually stands against the truth..because that would mean being honest.

As in...let's all agree that whatever we believe in...it doesn't matter...as long as we deny the power of God over sin by grace...(whereas that grace makes us responsible for being overcomers just like Jesus). Let's all just agree that Jesus is the One whom God judges...NOT US.

But the pride of men must be factored in...and God indeed did that so that Babylon would remain divided. Hence the thousands of denominations.
The gospel is not complicated. How do you define the gospel and what is necessary to believe it to be saved ?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you ever wonder why you are here…? Or why so few can hear you?

Status
Not open for further replies.