How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya....that's boring.

Get to heaven? I answered that as you asked. You think heaven only exists in the future? That being holy as God is holy is not yet possible even through resurrection power? Do you realize that the next age is on a new earth? How far are you along on your bible reading? Did you peek to see what happens at the end?

If someone is not born from above they cannot walk in Zion... pretty straightforward...no?
You still did not answer my question

In the end, When God divides those who will be cast to outer darkness, and those who will spend eternity with him (get to heaven)

will anyone be granted the right to spend eternity with him who did not receive the spirit?

why do you continue to make things so difficult..

Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is saying that he does not count himself to have apprehended……and that we, no matter whereto we have attained, are to be of the same mind as him. Ie, not to ever count ourselves as having “arrived” in this life, so to speak. Some translations translate v 14 as being an upward call…..which is directional rather than having a fixed mark. Ie, the mark of the prize of the upward call or high calling is directional and not fixed, in this life. We are to keep running this race with all that we’ve got, and keep growing upward.
Yes, I see the same thing here.

In this place,

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 KJV
3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Paul is saying that though his conscience is clear, that doesn't mean he's right about that, because Jesus, not himself, is the true judge. Paul, and ourselves, are not qualified judges, therefore we speak from ignorance if we say we've stopped sinning.

For someone to say, "I'm in a state of sinlessness", they are elevating themself above what Paul dared say, and taking on the place of Jesus Himself.

Phl 3:9-17

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

"Being made conformable to His death", summorphoumenos, "being made to share the form of His death".

Philippians 3:9-10 KJV
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

We seek His righteousness, not our own, but the righteousness God gives us by faith. For the reason that we may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, as we are being made to share the form of His death.

Seeking your own righteousness is contrary to the end of knowing Him, the power of His resurrection, fellowship of His sufferings, and does cause us to share the form of His death.

Much love!

Reactions: Lizbeth

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about how the life of a believer is sometimes hard to explain....from the world's point of view we look like sheep being slaughtered. Not so nice. The things we go through in this life in order to be broken.....the Lord takes away the things we used to rely on in order that His strength be perfected in weakness. No one would have thought that Jesus on the cross was a nice picture, and yet it meant the most tremendous paradigm-changing victory the world has ever seen. Thinking that the gospel is supposed to be something "nice" that pleases man and the flesh, as opposed to something that is true, which pleases God, is laughable. Not in a funny way, but in a kind of wry way.
Your right , it truly is no laughing matter . This is dead serious .
GOD has set before the world the offering up of HIS SON .
Paul even warned the believers about not trodding the SON under foot .
yet epi and francis seem to TROD The dire need of HIM right under foot
and say , alas you unbelievers , there is no need to believe in him
just follow the social gospel . This is dead wrong and i know no apostel , not not even a believer
would have agreed to their lie .
No man who has the SPIRIT says there is no need to believe in Christ , but that if false religoins
just have these social gospel good works , they are fine . NO way would they have TROD JESUS under foot like that .
This is far more serious than folks realize . Paul , who i know knew truth , james , john , peter , jude
and others who i know knew truth were adamant about BELIEVING IN JESUS .
Paul himself , as its written and recorded by LUKE in acts , even shook the dust off his feet
against the unbelieving jews who rejected the gospel . Yet to epi and pope francis
that dont seem to matter one bit if they believe or not . IT SURE seemed to matter to CHRIST
and it sure seemed to matter to the apostels . So how come this generation seems to THINK it dont matter
what religoin one followed as long as they had this social gospels false love and good works .
DID JESUS ever say , SO long as you have good works it dont matter if you believe in me or not .
IF the case was according to what the social gospel claims , THEN HOW come even cornelious
who did many good works , who did believe in the jewish GOD , who did many prayers and alms ,
HOW COME HE STILL had to send for peter to hear words whereby HE and his house could be saved .
I mean if even cornelious had to be saved by the gospel , by believing . THEN HOW come today
muslims who i know dont follow GOD or buddists or atheists SEEM to have a pass as long as they do good works .
ITS ALL A LIE SISTER . And this brother gonna expose their lie . THOUGH the more i LOVE the more i be hated .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found the verse again in Samuel. A variation of it but the same. And it answered the question I earlier asked someone in here or in epis other newest thread. I think the verse should not read as: I desire mercy not sacrifice. I think it should read as: I desire mercy MORE than sacrifice.
So my thought that it is always best to err (if you aren’t certain) towards mercy, is correct.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please let me know what needs clarifying......was it what Zipporah said? That is in the bible....Moses told her to circumcise their son and that was her reply. Having our hearts circumcised is a painful and 'bloody' operation that costs us our flesh life. Jesus didn't promise us a rose garden, at least not in this life. The gospel is not just all rainbows and butterflies, but we are to count the cost of taking up our cross and following Him.
apparently that is what they think it is . RAINBOWS , cause even those promoting another
rainbow seem to be accepted to this generation . I am telling us all
something we KNOW already . THIS IS nothing more than a lie from the dragon
to convince the world to follow him and his version of what HE says is GOD and the gosple and Christ .
Now why would the devil do that . cause he knows he is condemned already
and he wants everything condemned along with him .
Satan may preach love , but rest assured his love , his verision of love , ends in perditon with HIM .
And he KNOWS IT . Satans wants to take captive every human to a lie that damns them and wont save them .
ITS WHY he brings another gospel , another love , another hope , which is none of the above .
LAMBS PREACH JESUS . march on sister . march on in the LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreed.

POU. What is the philosophy of use? My Bible Study pastor pointed out Jesus and the Apostles did not have the Bible. And they did alright, changing the world.
They just had a pocket New Testament. If the King James was good enough for them...it should be good enough for us...without that big bulky Old Testament.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings, I'll rally around marks, for he is a brother in Christ Jesus. He does not need my help, as he is an apt teacher of The Word of God. An occasional encouragement at times, helps the whole body of Christ. And there are other brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus in here.
Well then, get out there and vote! The button is at bottom left. Let your voice be heard! Maybe Epi will once and for all be voted out of here! Make the forum great again! Yee haw!
And if you can’t find the post, just ask marks - he’ll help you find the correct one to report!

And remember, it doesn’t matter what point a man was trying to make. It only matters what point you DECIDE he was trying to make! You know, politics as usual! :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm saying everyone has presuppositions they read into scripture. Everyone has a set of beliefs. Everyone has a bias when they read the Bible. There may be times when we read and study that we do not but that is the exception to the rule.
The wrong beliefs show fleshy understandings that are diminished and eliminated as God renews our minds. Bias is fleshy, and as we become more mature, we are better able to submit ourselves to what we read, rather than to skip over words, or pretend they mean different things, or refuse to do the serious study which would show we are wrong.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please let me know what needs clarifying......was it what Zipporah said? That is in the bible....Moses told her to circumcise their son and that was her reply. Having our hearts circumcised is a painful and 'bloody' operation that costs us our flesh life. Jesus didn't promise us a rose garden, at least not in this life. The gospel is not just all rainbows and butterflies, but we are to count the cost of taking up our cross and following Him.
This is what JESUS promised the lambs IN THIS LIFE . we would have peace in HIM but TRIBLUATION from the world .
exactly sister . the early church was big on reminding the church about tribulations and persecutions .
HERES a reminder . For not only is it given unto you to BELIEVE ON HIM . but also to SUFFER FOR HIS SAKE .
And peter , paul and james reminded about persecutions and tribulations and how we are to take them patiently .
AND HOW Indeed its the righteous judgment of GOD that we be counted worthy of the KINGDOM of GOD for which we suffer .
If ye be without chastisment ye are bastards and not Sons . YET THIS AINT TAUGHT at all today .
Instead its , all about LIFE POINTS all about YOUR BEST LIFE NOW , all about the world and its cares , its pleasures in life .
ALL of which CHOKE THE WORD .
The lambs wont eat of their trough . hogs eat of the trough that they return to and wallow in .
But lambs eat from ..............................EVERY WORD OF THEIR LORD . no matter the cost . no matter the cost
For lambs have a hope this world knows nothing about . For its not in the world , ITS IN THE LORD .
THEY look forward to the prize . THEY seek a city and a builder whose maker IS GOD .
And JESUS said i go to prepare a place for you . LAMBS follow the KING not contrary men .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impossible
Amen

Romans 5:5
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

2 Corinthians 1:22
who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee

2 Corinthians 5:5
Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spiritas a guarantee

1 Thessalonians 4:8
Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit

1 John 3:24
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4:13
By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrong beliefs show fleshy understandings that are diminished and eliminated as God renews our minds. Bias is fleshy, and as we become more mature, we are better able to submit ourselves to what we read, rather than to skip over words, or pretend they mean different things, or refuse to do the serious study which would show we are wrong.

Much love!
any belief that points to man or us and not to CHRIST , i would call wrong beliefs and fleshly understanding .
But that which points too and honors the SON , HONORS GOD who sent HIM .
Now hit the trenches . its all out war for the souls of men and we got those who point to men and not to CHRIST .
and those will not be heeded by the lambs .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you did not answer my question. I did nto ask what it takes to walk the walk. I asked if someone will get to heaven if they have not been given the spirit?

Remember, SBG stated she did not see that written anywhere.. In response to someone saying if one does nto have the spirit. they will not be in heaven
Yes Epi, I do see what you mean about mistake upon mistake/a snowball effect!
In fact, I marvel at how he heard me say “will not be heaven!” astounding…

Reactions: Episkopos

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For someone to say, "I'm in a state of sinlessness", they are elevating themself above what Paul dared say, and taking on the place of Jesus Himself.
I recall Ben Franklin commenting that although not gone, he has the satisfaction of knowing his faults have diminished over time.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess this answers the question.

You do not think he did anything wrong.

I bet if I or someone else did that, you would be all over us
I'll just keep saying, everyone reveals themself in their words. Spiritual words of truth, or fleshy words of emotionalism. I think we can tell them apart.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.