How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The gospel is not complicated. How do you define the gospel and what is necessary to believe it to be saved ?
It's not complicated but you are missing the depth of it.

There are 2 levels to it.

One is for ALL people. Jesus died for the sins of all people. But only God Himself decides who that will be on judgment day. So that's about INHERITING life.

The deeper level..the Christian level is....The gospel is the POWER of grace over sin to liberate the captives. So then if you have received the gospel on that level...then you are walking like Jesus walked.

You are confusing believing in the gospel with believing INTO Christ.

Religious men have made a scheme that denies both aspects of the gospel. Why? To justify themselves in their sin....totally throwing away grace and trampling it under foot.

Will you be warned and repent? I don't think so...

Reactions: faithfulness

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. So everyone rally together behind marks and hit that report button so your voices can be heard! Get out the vote!
Which means it's not for you to do.

But you spin it however you want, for whatever reason you pick. I think it's about putting me down to make yourself feel/look better, but who knows? God knows. Maybe you don't.

For myself, I extremely rarely report anything in a post. Only what I consider the most aggregious.

What was the worth of your post? Or does that matter?

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One is for ALL people. Jesus died for the sins of all people. But only God Himself decides who that will be on judgment day. So that's about INHERITING life.

The deeper level..the Christian level is....The gospel is the POWER of grace over sin to liberate the captives. So then if you have received the gospel on that level...then you are walking like Jesus walked.

Religious men have made a scheme that denies both aspects of the gospel. Why? To justify themselves in their sin....totally throwing away grace and trampling it under foot.

I noticed you left out the Bible to defend your beliefs above. That is very telling. You have nothing but your opinion stated above.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which means it's not for you to do.

But you spin it however you want, for whatever reason you pick. I think it's about putting me down to make yourself feel/look better, but who knows? God knows. Maybe you don't.

For myself, I extremely rarely report anything in a post. Only what I consider the most aggregious.

What was the worth of your post? Or does that matter?

Much love!
But you don't mind bumping up trouble...to justify yourself without seeming to dirty your hands. As if God doesn't see you.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has a bias

Agreed. Claims of objectivity are nearly always wrong when human systems are involved. A wise person will admit their bias.

This is more difficult in our false 'equality' era.

For instance, Rush Limbaugh earned my respect by not claiming to be biased. He admitted he will interpret the facts from a politically Conservative viewpoint.

Our legal system is not based on objectivity but bias. Each side advocates, not for the objective truth but biased toward the side. The prosecutor claims the defendant is 100% guilty. The Defendent claims this is not so.

The gospel is not complicated.
Agreed. I made this point in Bible study last week. :D

The pastor agreed. People want to make it complicated. In complication, comes ego fulfillment. And we see no greater example of that than Epi @ CyB forums. 'That's not quite right.' OR 'The better question is.' Constant twists and turns to ensnare the audience into mystical complexity that "language cannot express" etc. It reminds me of CS Lewis.

“If you do not take the distinction between good and bad very seriously, then it is easy to say that anything you find in this world is a part of God. But, of course, if you think some things really bad, and God really good, then you cannot talk like that. You must believe that God is separate from the world and that some of the things we see in it are contrary to His will. Confronted with a cancer or a slum the Pantheist can say, 'If you could only see it from the divine point of view, you would realize that this also is God.' The Christian replies, 'Don't talk damned nonsense.’”
- C.S. Lewis

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I noticed you left out the Bible to defend your beliefs above. That is very telling. You have nothing but your opinion stated above.
---like you've said, he left out the Bible completely and philosophize--speaking his truth, or as he perceives it to be, and not what stands written in Scriptures--very telling indeed.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:4

For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

Galatians 1:6

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one,
but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:7

Not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:9
As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

2 Peter 2:1

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4

But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily

Some here have no fear for YHVH and the Christ, or the Holy Spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreed. Claims of objectivity are nearly always wrong when human systems are involved. A wise person will admit their bias.

For instance, Rush Limbaugh earned my respect by not claiming to be biased. He admitted he will interpret the facts from a politically Conservative viewpoint.

Our legal system is not based on objectivity but bias. Each side advocates, not for the objective truth but biased toward the side. The prosecutor claims the defendant is 100% guilty. The Defendent claims this is not so.

The pastor agreed. People want to make it complicated. In complication, comes ego fulfillment. And we see no greater example of that than Epi @ CyB forums. 'That's not quite right.' OR 'The better question is.' Constant twists and turns to ensnare the audience into mystical complexity that "language cannot express" etc. It reminds me of CS Lewis.

“If you do not take the distinction between good and bad very seriously, then it is easy to say that anything you find in this world is a part of God. But, of course, if you think some things really bad, and God really good, then you cannot talk like that. You must believe that God is separate from the world and that some of the things we see in it are contrary to His will. Confronted with a cancer or a slum the Pantheist can say, 'If you could only see it from the divine point of view, you would realize that this also is God.' The Christian replies, 'Don't talk damned nonsense.’”
- C.S. Lewis
The bible doesn't have to be that big...a booklet would do....even just a few paragraphs! Accept Jesus or suffer forever in the flames of hell. Simple enough. Why don't more people just realize that all Jesus wants is for you to accept His sacrifice. Claim it and its yours. What good news! :rolleyes:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

- C.S. Lewis
I love CS and AW- Tozer. :) two brilliant minds

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not found that it really says this anywhere. And there are some odd things our minds do and will get up to. And we actually marvel over those odd things we do, or can do, too. We pass them around the internet and laugh about them. Like…optical illusions/mind tricks and…how we can read something that has a large portion of the letters missing and fill in the blanks by the context or…along the lines of phonemic restoration or even how we can almost swear a person said something and they insist they didn’t say it. This last one has been a huge perplexity to me because I realized one day that my family really doesn’t listen intently to each other. There is a constant “you said it, no I didn’t,” thing going on between them all. Jesus understood this about us and even said, Be careful HOW you hear!

What my family does is they hear the first few words and then, strangely,……..fill in the rest themselves! They anticipate what they’re going to hear next and, based on “context” insert the thing they think they will hear next. It’s the most amazing thing. I spent long hours on it trying to figure out what the heck it was about.
The fact that we can do this “not listening intently” thing can lead to confusions, like in my family, but in a situation like a noisy background and still being able to understand what was said (phonemic restoration), it’s actually a helpful thing. But in the case of the latter, one is listening intently because they HAVE to and in the former case, where they don’t HAVE to listen intently, they don’t - they listen in a lazy way and jump ahead to finish for others!

So when you say you don’t think anyone who doesn’t have the down payment of the Spirit wI’ll inherit eternal life, you have done a mixture of listening intently at snippets and not listening intently at other pieces and splicing together segments, and “filling in“ in the same way as the example of my family.

But how to get you to see you have done it is the challenge. I’ve done it too and have then realized what I did, so you would think I could easily show you but it isn’t that easy - the ear is convinced it heard what wasn’t said!

Look at this verse. But look INTENTLY.
Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His;” and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to keep away from wickedness.”

Do you see the quotation marks? Do they do anything? Do they actually connect the two snippets in some way? Or do they actually keep them separate for some particular reason?
so you think we can go to heaven, having never been given the spirit?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A great post. But because it is well thought out...it won't be seen as having as much importance as a dogmatic statement to rally an emotionally triggered response around.

The post you are responding to shows how misinterpretations take on more and more effect...like the way a snowball gathers more snow as it goes downhill.

So the downhill plunge into religion continues for these.

Does the NT cancel ALL the wisdom of the OT? Not at all...it is built on it. That's why I always go to the OT to find prophetic support for any fulfillment found in the NT.

Inheriting life? That's for the meek and the righteous....not just the born again ones.

Entering INTO life...eternal life right NOW....that is the high calling. That is what the spiritual in Christ are called to.

But since so few have experienced what salvation is according to the gospel...they will elbow out those who are to inherit life...to take that claim for themselves...in effect taking away the righteousness from the righteous...to justify themselves.
Great post?

So you too believe we can get to heaven never having been given the spirit?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh…you don’t think anyone will hear my post and examine themselves Epi? I suppose…IF they have the down payment, there is at least some small chance they will see it and think, wait, could MY mind be doing this with scripture since I am human and my mind operates in those odd ways too…??!
Are you willing to show your true heart. Are you willing to rebuke your leader for his racist remarks? Or you just going to let that fly as if Nothing happened?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so you think we can go to heaven, having never been given the spirit?
Only those who are given the Spirit will seek the Lord to walk in the heavenly walk. Walking in the Spirit requires a spiritual awakening, quickening and empowering. The throne of grace is there for all who lack the power to walk as Jesus walked.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. So everyone rally together behind marks and hit that report button so your voices can be heard! Get out the vote!
Blessings, I'll rally around marks, for he is a brother in Christ Jesus. He does not need my help, as he is an apt teacher of The Word of God. An occasional encouragement at times, helps the whole body of Christ. And there are other brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus in here.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those who are given the Spirit will seek the Lord to walk in the heavenly walk. Walking in the Spirit requires a spiritual awakening, quickening and empowering. The throne of grace is there for all who lack the power to walk as Jesus walked.
you did not answer my question. I did nto ask what it takes to walk the walk. I asked if someone will get to heaven if they have not been given the spirit?

Remember, SBG stated she did not see that written anywhere.. In response to someone saying if one does nto have the spirit. they will not be in heaven

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you did not answer my question. I did nto ask what it takes to walk the walk.

Ya....that's boring.
I asked if someone will get to heaven if they have not been given the spirit?

Get to heaven? I answered that as you asked. You think heaven only exists in the future? That being holy as God is holy is not yet possible even through resurrection power? Do you realize that the next age is on a new earth? How far are you along on your bible reading? Did you peek to see what happens at the end?
Remember, SBG stated she did not see that written anywhere.. In response to someone saying if one does nto have the spirit. they will not be in heaven
If someone is not born from above they cannot walk in Zion... pretty straightforward...no?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God decides who he will forgive and who he will not? Where is this in scripture

walking with Christ. What does this have to do with our ultimate salvation and wheather we will be in heaven or not. what is the standard? do we go into death not knowing if we did enough or not??

What hope is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.