How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Out of all the words @amigo de christo Amigo wrote to you in sincerity and love, and his punch line...if you want to boast, to boast for/in God, you could only find that English in particular is not an intelligent communications language, that came straight out of your heart and mind indeed. You have 'cut' the English and the English-speaking peoples before on this site whilst raising the French flag in victory. I have noticed it a few times before, in silence.

And what does it say about you in how you treated Amigo's words of love and concern, who is crying his heart out to you to listen?

It says something like this: Those English people - speaking in English from American, Canadian, UK, OZ, NZ and SA etc, are all stupid people. That was is says to me and many others.

You must have had childhood issues and one of insecurity I imagine. Must be painful inside carrying all that baggage. You can let it all go away you know in love and genuine peace. God is waiting.....

Dieu t'aime plus que tu ne peux l'imaginer Epi. Laisse tomber et aime tes frères et sœurs en Christ ! Ils ont besoin d'amour, tu le sais, autant que toi.

Si vous connaissez bien les domaines de Dieu et que vous expérimentez son amour personnel pour vous, alors montrez-le avec plus de gentillesse et d'humilité envers nous.

Seriously Epi...as serious is defined to the max. Blessings...
Je rigole avec ceux qui son rigolo. Je suis sérieux avec ceux qui prennent la parole de Dieu au sérieux.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you understood what the term justified means, You may understand what Marks is saying.

Accusing him of saying something he never said or intended to say is not helpful.

Remember . . . do not believe what they say that I say, they do not speak truth.

Much love!
Epi has discredited himself so thoroughly, I take it as a given that he is misrepresenting what -honest- people @ CyB has said to him. That is, unless they are already part of his cult.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no…another outbreak of that contagious thing…I think it’s a new variant…the Rama lama ding dong variant. Mask up immediately!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know! I read your post on the mind not needing to be involved at all and I thought it was wonderful! I don’t need to understand ANYTHING! My people perish for lack of understanding - I really think that was added in later, don’t you?
You take the converse of what I said to suit your purposes.

There is not much to understand:
  1. Eat this and die.
  2. Obey and live.
Chose one.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take the converse of what I said to suit your purposes.

There is not much to understand:
  1. Eat this and die.
  2. Obey and live.
Chose one.
You aren’t suggesting I need to use my mind or understand that, are you…?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Methinks that's a great topic for another thread.

A brief answer is how I am aware than sin does not have the sway over me it did. If I may confess, I believe we are not equally prone to all sin. Some of us are more prone to one type of sin or another. Like the Son's of Thunder, I used to have a wicked temper. Now, when similiar situations occur that ocurred in the past, I notice a few things.

1st, the void. I don't feel the rage. The heat, the passion, the self-righteousness, the irrepressible urge to act ASAFP is gone.

2nd, the calm. The peace I feel in such circumstances is profound. I simply know the divine presence is in me and working on me, transforming me into his image better than before. And frankly, I am surprised. Always grateful our lord has extended grace. And if I may, that he extends grace to the likes of me - or my kind as you put it the other day - shows all the more glorious his amazing grace is.

3rd, the cycle. Consequently, my faith deepens. In turn, the grace extended to me, the peace and void of out of control rage, grows - as does my gratitude, humility and love for our Creator and his children.

This is how I experience Rom 6. YMMV.
To me reckoning oneself to be dead to sin is the same thing as a rich man reckoning himself to be poor...or a strong person to be weak. There is an instant improvement in behaviour when that happens...it takes away the control of the pride. What it doesn't mean is that the person is ever free from sin just by reckoning...that can never happen. That's what I used to try explaining to Mark. Now, I've given up explaining anything serious with most people here. Too much dishonesty and make-believe.

There is another level to the war against sin...beyond what we can reckon...that is the power of the cross. When our outer man is crucified, we can be joined to Christ to walk as He walked. In Him is no sin.

Reactions: faithfulness

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we sin as Christians, it's because we've stopped acting/thinking in trust in Jesus.
I've found at the conscious level, I sin not because I stopped trusting Jesus, but I failed to take every thought captive to Christ.

When things inevitably go sideways, I am disappointed in myself and ask, "Why didn't I pray on this before I acted?"

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well…unless you want to dare to say you don’t sin. Surely you wouldn’t say that, right?
Here’s how it goes. You imagine yourself to be dead to sin because that’s what you were told to do. Then, God doesn’t see your sin, He only sees Jesus.
God had to set it up that way because He can’t actually make us stop sinning. He’s powerful, but not THAT powerful!
And who believes this?

I have never heard this interpretation of being dead to sin given by anyone before. Who makes this stuff up?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote me on it, or be rebuked for lying.

Much love, and a true hope that you will one day be free!
There they go again bearing false witness

they either do this on purpose because they are playing games, or they read people like the read the word of God. Trying to make people and the word fit their belief system

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

they either do this on purpose because they are playing games, or they read people like the read the word of God. Trying to make people and the word fit their belief system
Trying to make the word fit their belief system…hmm…no one does that…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it doesn't mean is that the person is ever free from sin just by reckoning...
You seem to never understand this.

Romans 6:3-11 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you not know? If you are baptized into Christ, you are baptized into His death. Our old man is crucified with Him. He that is dead is freed from sin. So reckon yourself to actually be dead to sin, and alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Having been made dead to sin, you have to account that to be in fact true. If you don't, you'll be like a rich man who believes himself poor. And though his pockets be stuffed with money, he continues to scrounge food from dumpsters, because he does not reckon it so.

Your "imagining" is meaningless, you do not baptize yourself into Christ, you do not imagine yourself into being free from sin. But if you are baptized into Christ, this is what the Bible says. You either accept or reject. You persist in your mocking and lying, so I'm figuring you reject it. I'd love to see evidence that I'm wrong about this. I fear I'm not.

Much love!

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Je rigole avec ceux qui son rigolo. Je suis sérieux avec ceux qui prennent la parole de Dieu au sérieux.
And that is the rub isn't it. To you or myself you may not think they or a person is/ are serious. Many are really serious about word of the Spirit here and yes, you or I may think not. It does not negate us from budding the fruits of the Spirit as God desires from us if we are given more...we are expected to show more in return.

Blessing again to you if you took all this in sincerity and kindness of love that God can only give to us as a brother in Christ, for you. And the same advise is given to me of course.

Laughing can be of two basic types, ridiculing the person is some way and of their sincere exchange of giving their heart to you, or the joy and experience of sharing with them and loving them. You can choose which way to go, as I also.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it's all the same thing. It's what's in the heart, it will always be revealed in our words.

Much love!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have not found that it really says this anywhere. And there are some odd things our minds do and will get up to. And we actually marvel over those odd things we do, or can do, too. We pass them around the internet and laugh about them. Like…optical illusions/mind tricks and…how we can read something that has a large portion of the letters missing and fill in the blanks by the context or…along the lines of phonemic restoration or even how we can almost swear a person said something and they insist they didn’t say it. This last one has been a huge perplexity to me because I realized one day that my family really doesn’t listen intently to each other. There is a constant “you said it, no I didn’t,” thing going on between them all. Jesus understood this about us and even said, Be careful HOW you hear!

What my family does is they hear the first few words and then, strangely,……..fill in the rest themselves! They anticipate what they’re going to hear next and, based on “context” insert the thing they think they will hear next. It’s the most amazing thing. I spent long hours on it trying to figure out what the heck it was about.
The fact that we can do this “not listening intently” thing can lead to confusions, like in my family, but in a situation like a noisy background and still being able to understand what was said (phonemic restoration), it’s actually a helpful thing. But in the case of the latter, one is listening intently because they HAVE to and in the former case, where they don’t HAVE to listen intently, they don’t - they listen in a lazy way and jump ahead to finish for others!

So when you say you don’t think anyone who doesn’t have the down payment of the Spirit wI’ll inherit eternal life, you have done a mixture of listening intently at snippets and not listening intently at other pieces and splicing together segments, and “filling in“ in the same way as the example of my family.

But how to get you to see you have done it is the challenge. I’ve done it too and have then realized what I did, so you would think I could easily show you but it isn’t that easy - the ear is convinced it heard what wasn’t said!

Look at this verse. But look INTENTLY.
Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His;” and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to keep away from wickedness.”

Do you see the quotation marks? Do they do anything? Do they actually connect the two snippets in some way? Or do they actually keep them separate for some particular reason?
It's not rocket science, it's quite simple. What does it mean to perish? What does the bible say about it? And who are perishing in their sins as we speak? As opposed to those who are not perishing because they have eternal life. Those who don't know Christ are still dead in their sins and will not find themselves having eternal life, only having to face the judgment. There is simply NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN BY WHICH MAN CAN BE SAVED. Being saved means not having to face God's wrath. Those who are saved are not appointed unto wrath but to be saved from it. And what is God's wrath? DESTRUCTION. ie, not eternal life, but death. This whole world in its present form has an expiry date, involving every person on the face of it who don't know the Lord. Have a hunch the lake of fire is what this whole planet turns into in the end.

Only two choices, either perish or live eternally. Unless you want to call the perishing, not perishing, which is an oxymoron - two mutually exclusive terms. The only way for the perishing to no longer be perishing is to repent and receive Jesus.

This thread has completely gotten away from me the last couple of days. I'll try just spot-reading some of the posts, and I apologize if I'm not able to respond to all the posts directed to me.

Reactions: Johann and marks

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren’t suggesting I need to use my mind or understand that, are you…?
Using our mind is our nature. So, in that sense, what you are asking is nonsense.

My point is that KNOWLEDGE is an IDOL that does not save us. This true no matter how much we use our mind or how little.

/Let me risk putting aside the rancor to tell you a real story in my life that I may have shared with you before. My grandmother's were both devout Catholics. Theologians, they weren't. They lived the law of Christ for a combined 150 years for me to model. It was not their articulation of doctrine that caused them to be my spiritual progenitors. It was the way they lived their life.

In fact, they were somewhat ignorant of Catholic doctrine. It was above their head and beyond their concern. / return to rancor ...

Whenever people like you and Epi talk such idolatrous nonsense, I think of these 2 women who guided me, loved me and loved God with all their heart, mind and soul for all the days of their lives. If one were to judge them based on their command of esoteric doctrine, they'd probably fail. However, I have no doubt they have passed God's standards. So, I have little regard for you and Epi's made up BS.

Reactions: Johann
Status
Not open for further replies.