How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANOTHER logical fallacy. What you should be asking yourself is...do you believe that the words of Jesus are indeed the words of God that give life...even today! If so, why do you disparage His words and the ones He sends to help you understand them?
Is Jesus now in the flesh ?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
figures you would think things coming form hollywood (the world ) are good things. Gods word commands us to set our minds on the things above not on the things of this world. The world is enmity with God
You didn't see the movie? Or you feel ashamed because you did? Did you understand my analogy?

Do you realize that Paul used Greek culture...and plays...to convey truth to the Greeks..becoming all things to all men. Do you realize that religious people make up religious rules as in...don't do this or that...thinking that human laws can replace grace?

Religious ordinances don't stop sinning...they make people worse ...becoming like Pharisees. Read the gospels again.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't see the movie? Or you feel ashamed because you did? Did you understand my analogy?

Do you realize that Paul used Greek culture...and plays...to convey truth to the Greeks..becoming all things to all men. Do you realize that religious people make up religious rules as in...don't do this or that...thinking that human laws can replace grace?

Religious ordinances don't stop sinning...they make people worse ...becoming like Pharisees. Read the gospels again.
defending the world and its ways- that speaks volumes about your " spirituality" claims. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

James 4:4- You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No the word of God, man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God- Mt 4:4

hope this helps !!!
Unless they speak of things that you find to be obsolete....like whatever Jesus speaks about.

I know of the doctrines of Dispensationalists who say that Jesus wasn't speaking to believers in Christ (of all things)....but only the Jews. These would ignore Jesus and everyone but Paul...whom they are very happy to misunderstand (as Peter says)

Is that your present religious phase? Are you a Dispensationalist?

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used things of the world to teach truth in parables. Are you bothered that his followers do so too?
James 4:4- You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God

Promoting hollywood as good is the worlds system which is antichrist, anti-God, anti- morality, anti- Christian.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t let you get away with that unchecked. You did come into his thread to sling accusations. He did not go to where you were. You came to where he was.
I quote scripture- nice try with your projecting, ad hominems etc.......

I attack false teaching, not people. You are conflating the two. Learn to discern.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Promoting hollywood as good is the worlds system which is antichrist, anti-God, anti- morality, anti- Christian.
Let’s go round up all the movies. And the books too. We can burn them all to show how pious and holy we are. Let’s bring that back!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I quote scripture- nice try with your projecting, ad hominems etc.......

I attack false teaching, not people. You are conflating the two. Learn to discern.
You said I was a false prophet. (a logical fallacy unless there are true prophets) So you lie as well as misrepresent everything in the bible to satisfy your ego.

I think you are here just fishing for something to slander the truth and truth-speakers with. Catch anything yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.