How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oop, careful there…
Not on this i wont be . You all trod CHRIST right under foot .
Its not like you came on trying to teach a different version of the tribulation or something .
I could live with that and try and correct it . YOU ALL COME ON to PULL this deceptoin about the one true gospel .
YOU all attack the very CORE TENANT of the christain faith which says BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST .
THIS social gospel inclusivtiy is bad news . Then you come on and agree non stop with EPI
when he comes after me for what , FOR PREACHING THE DIRE NECESISITY of CHRIST .
THIS aint some minor detail gone wrong , THIS IS A MEGA MASSIVE ERROR on yalls part .
THIS IS a SALVATIONAL ISSUE on yalls part . SO i am gonna expose it no matter what names i get called .
I have been called much , much worse than either you or epi have probably even thought about calling me .
AND it aint stopped me yet . Not from them , not from you . I LOVE THE PEOPLES so i am gonna POINT
them to CHRIST and the glorious gospel of CHRIST . THERE Is no other plan of salvation .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everybody is ready to stand for the truth. There are many who watch these threads who never comment. Of course the ego-driven religious types are bold and brash making all kinds of silly accusations...just to see if any of them stick.
This is you through and through.

Instead of trying to attack others. You need to look in the mirror

Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know how many have seen the movie "independence day" ????(I think it's something to do with the US being not dependent on anyone.)

I thought it was and is a good movie. It's a sci-fi that has for a storyline an invasion of aliens...I suppose as an analogy for the loose borders to the south...

Anyway...the aliens are kinda icky creatures that have a BIG outer covering, but inside they are these little pathetic creatures...hateful as they may be. Oh yes, and they can make a LOT of noise!!!!

Fast forward to this thread....

There are people who come here...all big in the outer man ego...making a LOT of noise. Screetchy noise that makes one stop his ears for it. But when the big outer ego is taken out...the little inner man either runs away or gets back into the big shell for protection.

What has yet to be determined is what is going on with the inner man in all these interactions.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contend for the true faith till the last breath .
These folks call me self righteous , FOR POINTING TO JESUS AS THE ONLY WAY TO BE MADE RIGHTEOUS .
GO figure that out . THEY preach do good works and it dont matter what one beleives . THAT IS SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS .
Yet talk of the IRONY . I dont point to ME for righteosness , I POINT TO CHRIST ALONE FOR IT .
I guess they could say i am CHRIST RIGHTEOUS , cause that would be true . I POINT TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS .
You point to JESUS till the last breath . And do not ever once fall for what these people are trying to teach .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many have pointed out how your MO is to twist and misrepresent what people say.

I never said the Bible does not contain truth. I’ve said you are a charlatan, a false prophet, a deceiver.

True to your deceptive form, you reply to such things others have written as you taking it as a compliment, it says more about me than you, I’m guilty of the same thing and all manner of deflection, etc.
I receive all attacks by the outer man as a compliment. :) So I thank you and may you be strengthened in your own inner man to be able to likewise resist the ego tendencies of those who have not yet been crucified to the flesh.

PS. How can false prophets exist if there are no true ones? Another logical fallacy.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow . Since when did it become hate to point to CHRIST ALONE . oh wait under the social gospel it did .
SO now its a hatefest to POINT to the ONLY NAME whereby one may be saved .
Lol. You never can quite bring yourself to following the conversation. I mean, it’s not what you’re here for. You try a little bit. Sometimes.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
None of this is personal. At every time and in any place wherever the truth is proclaimed and upheld, religious egos will rise up and seek to tear it down. By any means necessary. No surprise there. :)

Egos get in a snit when they are put in their place. It's the elephant in the room. Its the flesh trying to be more than it is.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The ego is driven towards a "plan" of salvation. The mind is tricked into thinking it has the power to discern what is life giving.

But that "plan" is so often just a scheme of men to justify the flesh...by "just pointing to Jesus and what He did"

The ego driven flesh points to the cross and says..."it's Him instead of me." and thinking (but never saying out loud...too much honesty in that) "I claim Jesus as MY sacrifice so that I might live and sin and do whatever I please...attack whoever I please...and be unruly as much as I want."

And they all said..amen!

And then judgment came...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s just playful sport.
I feel Im to blame for you thinking that. When they are ridiculous I give them ridiculous back because I can’t think of anything else left to try. But a cat knocking a mouse around is playful sport to the cat, but the mouse IS going to die if it doesn’t escape. It’s only playful sport to the predator, NOT to the mouse.
It’s enough brother. I should have gone to you privately and I approached it wrong. I’m very sorry for that. And I’m grateful and amazed at your humility and continued love, even in the face of my mistake. It was certainly visible to everyone that our Lord is in you.
You preached to me and taught me this morning by example. Thank you.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I feel Im to blame for you thinking that. When they are ridiculous I give them ridiculous back because I can’t think of anything else left to try. But a cat knocking a mouse around is playful sport to the cat, but the mouse IS going to die if it doesn’t escape. It’s only playful sport to the predator, NOT to the mouse.
It’s enough brother. I should have gone to you privately and I approached it wrong. I’m very sorry for that. And I’m grateful and amazed at your humility and continued love, even in the face of my mistake. It was certainly visible to everyone that our Lord is in you.
You preached to me this morning by example. Thank you.
It's..."he that is not against us is for us"...even if the strength of conviction is not there yet.

I think MI thinks I'm being the cat to their mouse at times!
;)

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's how the Bible speaks.

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 KJV
53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

We remain corruptible until that last transformation.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Our vile body, literally the body of our humiliation, and why is that? Because it's corrupted by sin, and opposes us.

Galatians 5:16-18 KJV
16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Seeing Him working in us we we are transformed to be like Him,

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Literally, out of glory, into glory. Being transformed into His image brings His glory to us.

Daniel 12:3 KJV
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

We participate, and so results will vary according to our own participation. Just the same, He doesn't stop His work in renewing our minds.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformed here is Present Tense / Passive Voice, so it's being done to us, and it's continuing to be done.

Seeing Him in us, participating in His work, it's all about "take my yoke upon you, and learn of me".

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Our faith is in Him. Knowing that He will complete His work in my is my Hope. The expected outcome of my faith in Jesus, I believe His promise. Having this hope, I participate better.

I love these verses, thank you for letting me share!

Gotta run! It's been a great day!

Much love!
Amen!

Anyone please correct me if this is wrong but I believe walking in the spirit is to be walking in much the same 'zone' of prayerfulness we get into when we pray, being in the presence of God. (I believe that is also how we should read the bible, prayerfully, so that the Lord can speak to us and open His word to us by His Spirit.) We draw near to Him and He draws near to us. We reach up to Him and He, His presence, comes down to meet us reaching up to Him. Psalm 85:10-11 speak of this. And we really need to walk in that 'zone' all the time, but I find that so difficult because everything is distracting. Practical demands of life, interacting with people, etc. I feel as though something further needs to change in me to be able to do that in a continual way. But on top of that, at various and precious times His anointing can come to help us in our weakness (the Helper!) when the Lord has a particular thing He wants to do, to minister or speak to another. And I've seen an anointing coming upon some pastors, when they are ministering and praying for individuals at the end of a service. Kind of a glory haze and power of the Holy Spirit. And I wonder if being in that prayerful zone of walking in the spirit more is what would make us more available to the Lord for Him to work through us more often as well.

• Love
Reactions: GTW27 and marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These aren’t mice my friend…

These aren’t mice…
No they’re not. And our struggle is to learn and to remember that flesh and blood is not who our enemy is. Our enemy seeks to manipulate the flesh of others to do his bidding. Even manipulation of a snake if there’s no other flesh to control. And we have to learn and relearn to judge nothing before the time because the Lord knows who are His long before they become His in time. We can’t see that, only He can.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why won't you listen to the words of Jesus? What part of you is offended at His words...so that you can cancel them so easily. Why do you destroy the meaning of the bible in order to say...there is need of nothing else....as in...nothing else you need to ignore like you do the bible? Have you thought this out?

Jesus said that His words stand. And you are denying it here for all to see...and agree with you. But I won't. I am not just posturing like so many here...claiming to love Christ and yet able to fully throw away His words.

63] It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. [64] But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.".

“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.”

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
His words are spirit and they are life, He is the Word of God- the living word. The Word who was God and became flesh.

Is Jesus still flesh ?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His words are spirit and they are life, He is the Word of God- the living word. The Word who was God and became flesh.

Is Jesus still flesh ?
ANOTHER logical fallacy. What you should be asking yourself is...do you believe that the words of Jesus are indeed the words of God that give life...even today! If so, why do you disparage His words and the ones He sends to help you understand them?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm back! :) So this concerning prophets.

I'm not surprised at this. The modern Church is not based on an intimacy with God...so then a direct line to the throne of God isn't required for these. Men's approval is all that is needed.

The New Testament gives us the guidelines to how we should meet. Without prophets there is no church....maybe a prayer meeting or a bible study....but not church. Without real saints there is no church.

Notice this...

1 Cor 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Notice what is required for the church of the saints. Notice the 2 or 3 are prophets. They speak in HIS NAME.

People get together to pray...like the disciples did in the upper room...but that wasn't church until they were empowered by the Spirit.

Until the Spirit falls onto the people or at least the leaders...it isn't church.

Meeting in the NAME of Christ means having prophets speaking HIS actual real time instruction. Where there are 2 or 3 prophets...there is Jesus in their midst.
The bible says the body of Christ edifies ITSELF in love. Not just one member/gift but all of them. That scripture says "When you come together EVERY ONE OF YOU HATH" something to contribute by the gift and Spirit that is in them, as the Spirit leads and unctions each one. (In an ideal situation, which we seldom seem to see.) Jesus Christ is Head of His church so any two or three members who have His Spirit can come together in His name with He - His Spirit - in our midst. A church is not only about prophets or pastors, or about any single one...it's about Jesus and surely He is in every soul that belongs to Him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how many have seen the movie "independence day" ????(I think it's something to do with the US being not dependent on anyone.)

I thought it was and is a good movie. It's a sci-fi that has for a storyline an invasion of aliens...I suppose as an analogy for the loose borders to the south...

Anyway...the aliens are kinda icky creatures that have a BIG outer covering, but inside they are these little pathetic creatures...hateful as they may be. Oh yes, and they can make a LOT of noise!!!!

Fast forward to this thread....

There are people who come here...all big in the outer man ego...making a LOT of noise. Screetchy noise that makes one stop his ears for it. But when the big outer ego is taken out...the little inner man either runs away or gets back into the big shell for protection.

What has yet to be determined is what is going on with the inner man in all these interactions.
figures you would think things coming form hollywood (the world ) are good things. Gods word commands us to set our minds on the things above not on the things of this world. The world is enmity with God

Status
Not open for further replies.