How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I dead in sin?? Of course not. I just imagine and reckon I’m not and therefore I’m not. What on earth are you talking about…?
I am just going off what Epi keeps saying about being dead to sin, and not sinning.

Since you always agree with him, I wanted to see what you thought

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, you want to interpret, or reckon, my yes as an affirmative?
Why do you twist everything I say?? Why do you not do as God says and just imagine yourself dead to sin?? You will answer to God for your refusal to imagine as you were told to do!

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you twist everything I say?? Why do you not do as God says and just imagine yourself dead to sin?? You will answer to God for your lack of imagining as you were told to!
That's it. I'm going to my room and play ♪"I can only imagine" ♪ over and over. CU in a bit! ;)

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason it's called supernatural is because it is greater than natural...not instead of natural.

It's like the law.
Well, sub means below, like submarine. Super means above, as in supercede. They are geographically relational terms. They do not mean logic or the law is suspended.

We all know jettisoning the confines of logic is foundational for your particular brand of mysticism to flourish. Of course, you will slander this, dismissing it as 'carnal' or some such thing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I changed my mind about Epi. I like what marks says better so I’ve begun to imagine I am dead to sin.
well mark does not say he is sinless. or say if he was dead to sin he would be sinless.

But Epi does.

Why is EPi not dead to sin? he died what? 2 times? 1 time for over 2 years.. but he is not dead now?

Reactions: Johann

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know jettisoning the confines of logic is foundational for your particular brand of mysticism to flourish
That’s exactly why I don’t listen to him any more. There’s no logic in it at all. So now I’m listening to marks and using the logic of imagining myself dead to sin. And if I sin, I just close my eyes real tight and imagine it harder.

Reactions: Episkopos

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How seriously should we take the words of someone who disparages "doctrinal clarity"?
Agreed. Despite my daughter possibly having substandard clarity on esoteric biological classification on nomenclature of all known forms of life, she's going to inherit all I have, except for what I specify to be left to my grandchildren.

The things that matter most should never be at the mercy of the things that matter least.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well mark does not say he is sinless. or say if he was dead to sin he would be sinless.

But Epi does.

Why is EPi not dead to sin? he died what? 2 times? 1 time for over 2 years.. but he is not dead now?
This is why I don't post deeper things on here. An honest person asked me to relate this...so I did. But then it gets picked up by others with less than pure intentions...

Reactions: faithfulness

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s exactly why I don’t listen to him any more. There’s no logic in it at all. So now I’m listening to marks and using the logic of imagining myself dead to sin. And if I sin, I just close my eyes real tight and imagine it harder.
You just try that imagining to your hearts desire.

As you are imagining, keep in mind that no matter how wrong @marks might be (or anyone else), it does not make Epi right. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.