How to write an article about the church restoration?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Hi Vasily,
I have no idea what context your article has, but just the word ' restoration ' is a positive. It, to me, is about bringing something new out of something that is broken, stripping it back to how it once was.
To ' restore ' .......
I am equally not sure you can write an article about restoration without including the some negatives though. Surely you have to address why and how it's become damaged in the first place, what went wrong ect.
I am of the mind that negatives and positives go together, but what many focus on within the church are the negatives - so maybe the trick is to focus more on what is happening positively, surely the ultimate is when the church is completely restored and as it should be ( the aim of restoration )
Maybe it's equally important to ask ' who ' is restoring the church, and ' who ' caused it to become damaged. The true spiritual battle within this world.

That is proberbly of no use what's so ever, but I noticed that no one had responded to you ......
Butterfly

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Probably because it isnt going to happen, teh Ecclesia or church if one must put it that way is nothing like men envision, God is not going restore a dead thing.

B

Butterfly

Probably because it isnt going to happen, teh Ecclesia or church if one must put it that way is nothing like men envision, God is not going restore a dead thing.
I guess that depends on how you view ' the church ' - I tend to view the church as Gods people collectively, and I believe that many are coming out of the ' church ' ( religion ) and starting to question why they go through the motions of religion, they are in fact stripping back what man has introduced through religion and embracing relationship with God in a more personal way. So, to me, there is restorations taking place.
This is my own personal viewpoint, and I do not want to turn this thread into yet another debate/ argument about who is right and who is wrong- this forum just feeds of that.
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I agree with you fully, church is not what man has made that is why the people are coming out of it, back to teh way it should have always being.

Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.

We have but one High Priest. His name is Jesus, it is He whom we follow.

Which is why He says

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

His people are listening even if they dont know what to do, because "church" has not prepared them for what is to come.

Reactions: Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
His people are listening even if they dont know what to do, because "church" has not prepared them for what is to come.
i understand why you say this, but then you came from that, right, iow "church" prepared you just fine, and i submit that it did so in the only way accessible to you, even if that is not so clear.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Dear brothers and sisters! I ask your advice, how do I correctly write an article about the restoration of the Christian church so that it does not cause negative perception?
i heard there was a renaissance happening in the Russian Ortho Church just about the time i lost touch with some Russian acquaintances, and so lost my only direct line of communication. I wish you the best here

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i understand why you say this, but then you came from that, right, iow "church" prepared you just fine, and i submit that it did so in the only way accessible to you, even if that is not so clear.
If church had prepared the people for what is to come, they would all be empty and people would be doing what they should have being doing since penetcost, following Christ by the Spirit, but church needs people or it doesnt have a purpose. Church prepared me for nothing, Jesus did, church always trying to steal His glory.

B

Butterfly

If church had prepared the people for what is to come, they would all be empty and people would be doing what they should have being doing since penetcost, following Christ by the Spirit, but church needs people or it doesnt have a purpose. Church prepared me for nothing, Jesus did, church always trying to steal His glory.
I cannot go that far, without a local fellowship I would not have come to faith. God was calling me at the age of 23, he directed me to ' go to church ' . I was the first person to come to faith through the outreach of thier playgroup for the under fives. It was years later , as I grew as a Christian and started being more open to the Holy Spirit that I started to see more - so God used the churches I was a part of...... so I cannot say that everything is wrong ( I was always part of independent church fellowships )
I also know there are many that are truly open to the Holy Spirits leading.
Butterfly

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cannot go that far, without a local fellowship I would not have come to faith. God was calling me at the age of 23, he directed me to ' go to church ' . I was the first person to come to faith through the outreach of thier playgroup for the under fives. It was years later , as I grew as a Christian and started being more open to the Holy Spirit that I started to see more - so God used the churches I was a part of...... so I cannot say that everything is wrong ( I was always part of independent church fellowships )
I also know there are many that are truly open to the Holy Spirits leading.
Butterfly
Amen.

And those 144 000, the first fruits that are virgins, they are virgins because they have never being with the women, "church", so there garments have not being stained.

God bless

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Dear brothers and sisters! I ask your advice, how do I correctly write an article about the restoration of the Christian church so that it does not cause negative perception?

Great to know brother, you are involved in the restoration of a church. I am at this time involved in the renovation of house built by our parents, and I read in Proverbs that a house is built and established by the wisdom and knowledge of God. A house is for our own whereas a Church is for everyone!
A church where everyone assemble to worship Jesus. Here in this city, it is difficult to buy a land to build a church, so some of them simply gather at a rented area and call it a church:).
So I think you should inform the restoration with happiness and rejoicing in the Lord. Convince them how it is going to be better for everyone. Remind them that you are intending to develop a spiritual church as this is what Christ is looking forward to. Take the Word of God along with you to guide you because steps of the good man are ordered by the Lord. Psalm 37:23.
All the best.
All glory to God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha well nonetheless you learned all that by going through the experience, right, and discovering that that was a bad def of "church." God did not tell you to go there, you went of your own accord.
I am totally with offering ppl a counterfeit first, if they seek it and will accept it. This is the best way to learn the truth imo, by elimination

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Amen.

And those 144 000, the first fruits that are virgins, they are virgins because they have never being with the women, "church", so there garments have not being stained.

God bless
ha, interesting. Imo even those who come from Institutions can become virgins, but i might be wrong there

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Приятно познакомиться, Брата Visily!

Welcome, brother Visily!

I really only know a little Polish…Russian is a novelty passed on by my Dad

To your question: Я буду рад тебе помочь (pleased to help)

First, if you are speaking of restoring a religious denomination that worship in a physical building then I have nothing to say. I do not believe in religious organizations. They will do what they will do. They don’t need to restore, they need to disband.

The word restoration is not appropriate for the true body of Christ. Restoration is for those that want to work to bring about more religion and increase ‘church’ religion membership.

Now if you are speaking of growing the congregation of Christ that live and ‘walks’ in Christ, without having to be within human walls then I have a few things to say.

The body of Christ, as individual believers, should grow in faith to salvation and eternal life by:

- Praying, speaking to God for everything the heart desires.

- Giving and showing love to our neighbors that comes from God.

- Reading the bible for meaning and allow the spirit of God to deciphering it for us.

- Join other believers in cell groups and even chat rooms like this one.

- Be wary of false teachers and false doctrine

- Be wary of loyal ‘church’ people, they may not be true believers

- When God speaks to our hearts to do his work, do it in love from the heart, and willingly. You may be saving someone’s life in doing so.

Bless you, (BOOT-tyeh zdah-ROH-vi)....and not from a sneeze ;)

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...you are Vasily not Visily (Gift of God).or maybe you are....I need to slow down a bit..APAK

Vasily

Feb 16, 2018
Moscow
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
@Butterfly
"Maybe it's equally important to ask ' who ' is restoring the church, and ' who ' caused it to become damaged. The true spiritual battle within this world."
The answers are contained in the article itself.
Soviet system caused the church to become damaged and Monastic community of the Russian Orthodox Church is restoring it now.

B

Butterfly

@Butterfly
"Maybe it's equally important to ask ' who ' is restoring the church, and ' who ' caused it to become damaged. The true spiritual battle within this world."
The answers are contained in the article itself.
Soviet system caused the church to become damaged and Monastic community of the Russian Orthodox Church is restoring it now.
Hi Vasily,
When I responded I was thinking more about ' man ' being behind the destruction ( or perhaps behind the scenes Satan ) as opposed to the Holy Spirit ( through man ) bringing restoration.
Spritual warfare
Butterfly

Vasily

Feb 16, 2018
Moscow
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Great to know brother, you are involved in the restoration of a church. I am at this time involved in the renovation of house built by our parents, and I read in Proverbs that a house is built and established by the wisdom and knowledge of God. A house is for our own whereas a Church is for everyone!
A church where everyone assemble to worship Jesus. Here in this city, it is difficult to buy a land to build a church, so some of them simply gather at a rented area and call it a church:).
So I think you should inform the restoration with happiness and rejoicing in the Lord. Convince them how it is going to be better for everyone. Remind them that you are intending to develop a spiritual church as this is what Christ is looking forward to. Take the Word of God along with you to guide you because steps of the good man are ordered by the Lord. Psalm 37:23.
All the best.
All glory to God.
Thank you for such good wishes! You are all good at restoring the house!

Reactions: prashanthd

Vasily

Feb 16, 2018
Moscow
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Приятно познакомиться, Брата Visily!

Welcome, brother Visily!

I really only know a little Polish…Russian is a novelty passed on by my Dad

To your question: Я буду рад тебе помочь (pleased to help)

First, if you are speaking of restoring a religious denomination that worship in a physical building then I have nothing to say. I do not believe in religious organizations. They will do what they will do. They don’t need to restore, they need to disband.

The word restoration is not appropriate for the true body of Christ. Restoration is for those that want to work to bring about more religion and increase ‘church’ religion membership.

Now if you are speaking of growing the congregation of Christ that live and ‘walks’ in Christ, without having to be within human walls then I have a few things to say.

The body of Christ, as individual believers, should grow in faith to salvation and eternal life by:

- Praying, speaking to God for everything the heart desires.

- Giving and showing love to our neighbors that comes from God.

- Reading the bible for meaning and allow the spirit of God to deciphering it for us.

- Join other believers in cell groups and even chat rooms like this one.

- Be wary of false teachers and false doctrine

- Be wary of loyal ‘church’ people, they may not be true believers

- When God speaks to our hearts to do his work, do it in love from the heart, and willingly. You may be saving someone’s life in doing so.

Bless you, (BOOT-tyeh zdah-ROH-vi)....and not from a sneeze ;)

APAK

Thanks for the response and glad to meet you! And I'm glad that your father knows Russian.
I think that a religious organization has many shortcomings, but I believe that the Russian Orthodox Church has many virtues. I believe that the joint liturgy is a very important part of faith, that's why I do not agree with you here ... But thank you very much for your wishes and advice!

Vasily

Feb 16, 2018
Moscow
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Hi Vasily,
When I responded I was thinking more about ' man ' being behind the destruction ( or perhaps behind the scenes Satan ) as opposed to the Holy Spirit ( through man ) bringing restoration.
Spritual warfare
Butterfly
I think that these are the same satan forces that stood behind the bloody revolution of 1917 and any other revolution too...

Reactions: Butterfly