How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona
So far so good! My old pastor is doing so much better after his extended problems with his bladder. About an hour ago he called to say he was driving alone the 130 miles to the funeral of a dear friend and brother who has been suffering for years.

My pastor at 96 outlives everyone I would say because God is still using him. People, including probably most of the people attending the funeral, need what God has given the man to sharing with others. What a good and blessed day!

Later my wife and I will join in the funeral services from home via my computer. Due to her compromised immune system we will not attend in person, but on the computer and in Spirit, we will be there....

Reactions: Truman and Wynona

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all of you guy's cold wet grumpy weather settled right into the back of my right shoulder blade.
Hot pack and aspirin keeping it at bay, but trying to sleep with it is escaping me.

CONGRATULATIONS RITA!!

Hugs
I'm sorry you're dealing with pain, @Ziggy. Have you ever heard of DMSO? It's been used for decades in horse liniment. It's all natural and relieves pain and inflammation quickly. I get it from Amazon in a cream (mixed with aloe). Due to my history of trauma, I deal with several trauma related conditions... costochondritis, Tietze Syndrome, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. DMSO is very helpful in relieving pain and inflammation (in conjunction with cold and moist heat therapy.)

Will say a prayer for you!

Reactions: Ziggy and amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How was your day?

Well in spite of everything it could be much worse. Am thankful to know that praying to God is a great thing to do for patience and peace and helping in keeping oneself inlined by the spirit. Have learned that there comes to a point where when one seeks out God and have a single eye towards him there are things in the world that are somehow almost cut away away. Because we can’t serve two masters.

My encouragement today would be to have faith. Trust, and love one another which was the commandment and it’s nice to see all of you fellowship together. Am to encourage each other through their difficult times in their lives.

God is good, and his commandment was to love Him first, and love others second. All made available by faith in Jesus, in which our fellowship is with the Father, and the Son, and with others.

“what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:3-4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I read the amazing passage in Ezekiel about the dry bones coming back to life.

Dry bones, hear the Word of the Lord!!

I got groceries and made beef stew. Now I am relaxing at home. Am going to listen to some sermons by some men of God who I've known to have good teaching. I am wondering howthey are doing.

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feels like s balloon has settled under my shoulder blade. The whole right side from my neck to my wrist is aching.
It's not pain. I think I have a cold in my back. The weather has been changing rapidly here in Maine.
Mornings have dropped down to mid 40F. It was raining for a few days too and I was out moving things around.
Just having troubles lifting the arm. But mainly the shoulderblade area.
I'm taking some cold medicine and aspirin, I have a hot water bottle and a heating pad.
I just can't get comfortable.
It's making my whole attitude sour :(

This is like day 3, so I figure it should be moving out pretty soon. Nothing is swollen but it feels like it is.
Supposed to get up into the 70'sF by midweek so maybe that will help.
Plenty of chicken soup :)

Thank You for asking Rita
Hugs
:)
Praying for you sister!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, do you go near the skunks??
No, but before I realized they were skunks that I was seeing while sitting on the steps at night, I thought the "cats" were coming kinda close to me. The cats are shyer than the skunks, at least at night! The skunks run around like they own the place!
We got rabbits, raccoons, and I think I saw a weasel awhile ago. You rarely see cats and dogs outside.

Reactions: MatthewG and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look at my husband, who works very hard, and notice that he gives himself guilt-free time to relax and do what he feels like.

I think I will do that today. Sometimes I put pressure on myself to make every single day productive because I feel that pressure from myself to somehow make up for being 'just a housewife'.

But thats not the biblical pattern. The Jews were called to rest from their work every Sabbath and were called to rest in Jesus.

So today, Im taking a guilt free break.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 10:38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
Luk 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

HUGS

Reactions: MatthewG and Wynona

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ran out of cleaner.

So I made an all-purpose cleaner with lavender oil and "easy breathe" essential oil with peppermint.

Whole room smells like starlight mints

Reactions: Ziggy and MatthewG

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ran out of cleaner.

So I made an all-purpose cleaner with lavender oil and "easy breathe" essential oil with peppermint.

Whole room smells like starlight mints

It's good to see you posting, FluffyYellowDuck!

I love a good diy project. Making your own cleaning products can be really satisfying.

I made my own detergent powder. It smells really good.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine meeting the Lord Jesus in the flesh in heaven. Isn't that going to be so incredible and awesome? To look on His face? To talk to Him? To be able to bow and worship at His feet?

He's prepared a place for us we have never seen or heard anything like!

To be able to look at the One who has blessed me and gently guided me all my life will simply be incredible! And we shall ever be with the Lord...

Every day, it gets closer and closer: the day I stand before Jesus! And to hear Him say Well done my faithful servant? What could describe my emotions at that point or the tears.

Maybe when Jesus says we must recieve the Kingdom of Heaven like children is because it will all be so full of wonders like a magical kingdom. We will literally be like children discovering and exploring the world for the first time in the new creation.

God has been so immeasurably good in my life. I am so excited to meet the Lord Jesus and see what He has prepared.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry you're dealing with pain, @Ziggy. Have you ever heard of DMSO? It's been used for decades in horse liniment. It's all natural and relieves pain and inflammation quickly. I get it from Amazon in a cream (mixed with aloe). Due to my history of trauma, I deal with several trauma related conditions... costochondritis, Tietze Syndrome, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. DMSO is very helpful in relieving pain and inflammation (in conjunction with cold and moist heat therapy.)

Will say a prayer for you!
Thank You,
I just saw this.
No I never heard of a lot of medications, maybe BenGay or aspercreme.
I think I have a pinched nerve. I had a sore spot right around the lower spine for the longest time. walking and bending, it would be a little burn and really sore. Then one day I woke up and I got this what feels like a golf ball wedged under my right shoulderblade. There is no swelling.
It runs from the shoulder, up the right side of the nck to the chin, and from my shoulder to the backside of the wrist.
I think whatever was ailing my back moved to my shoulder because my back don't hurt anymore.
I rather it did. I didn't have to write with my spine.
just saying..
I'm going to go see an acupuncturist if I can get an appointment. I been to one before and they help.
I haven't seen one in the last 5 years though. Good time for tune up.
:)

Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Imagine meeting the Lord Jesus in the flesh in heaven. Isn't that going to be so incredible and awesome? To look on His face? To talk to Him? To be able to bow and worship at His feet?

He's prepared a place for us we have never seen or heard anything like!

To be able to look at the One who has blessed me and gently guided me all my life will simply be incredible! And we shall ever be with the Lord...

Every day, it gets closer and closer: the day I stand before Jesus! And to hear Him say Well done my faithful servant? What could describe my emotions at that point or the tears.

Maybe when Jesus says we must recieve the Kingdom of Heaven like children is because it will all be so full of wonders like a magical kingdom. We will literally be like children discovering and exploring the world for the first time in the new creation.

God has been so immeasurably good in my life. I am so excited to meet the Lord Jesus and see what He has prepared.
Hi @Wynona Even now we can keeping looking up, "looking unto Jesus (Hebrews 12.2).

Reactions: Wynona

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting STRESSFUL!

No one can find my ex in Florida. My mother-in-law called me about 4 hours ago saying he hasn't gotten her lunch.
In the meantime the nurse showed up about an hour ago and still no sign of him.
All of his vehicles are parked in the yard, his cellphone cash and credit cards are on the table. So I can't reach him by phone.
They are taking mom to a hospice tonight because she can't be kept alone.
And I pray somebody is calling the police. I can't even get a hold of his neighbor.

I don't hear from the guy for a year or two, no worries.

It's not like him to just walk away without his phone.
I'll be busy making phonecalls tonight.
I'm afraid there may only be left overs tonight in the Barrista.
Please help yourselves..

And prayers that we find my ex in health...

never a dull moment.

Thank You
Hugs

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting STRESSFUL!

No one can find my ex in Florida. My mother-in-law called me about 4 hours ago saying he hasn't gotten her lunch.
All of his vehicles are parked in the yard, his cellphone cash and credit cards are on the table. So I can't reach him by phone.
And I pray somebody is calling the police. I can't even get a hold of his neighbor.

Please help yourselves..

never a dull moment.

Thank You
Hugs

Wow, Ziggy! Im sorry.

Prayers going up!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Getting STRESSFUL!

Please help yourselves..

never a dull moment.

Thank You
Hugs
@Ziggy Sounds like you are trying to find your ex for your MIL's sake. (Rather than for your sake...)

I hope your MIL will be okay...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They found him passed away on the upper living room floor...