How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is very stormy here in the U.K………..October winds and rain. ( kind of pleased to be recovery at home as I should have been at work today,so I would have got swept along !!
Petrol crisis still causing major problems here, stupid people. Some one says there is going to be a shortage so everyone goes out and panic buys the stuff…..so we get a shortage !!!!!! What’s it like with you @Pearl ?
Got my oldest son coming over to spend the evening with my youngest…..after he has watched football with my dad - as it is local I think the ball may just get blown into the net !!!! Lol
Rita
@Rita Hope you will be well soon. Glad you are enjoying being a mod.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is very stormy here in the U.K………..October winds and rain. ( kind of pleased to be recovery at home as I should have been at work today,so I would have got swept along !!
Petrol crisis still causing major problems here, stupid people. Some one says there is going to be a shortage so everyone goes out and panic buys the stuff…..so we get a shortage !!!!!! What’s it like with you @Pearl ?
Got my oldest son coming over to spend the evening with my youngest…..after he has watched football with my dad - as it is local I think the ball may just get blown into the net !!!! Lol
Rita
Hi Rita, the weather has been atrocious for the last few days wet and windy and with the temp down to 7C and feeling like -2C. Not sure how the petrol situation is affecting my family but the lady who does my hair was only allowed to put £20 in and our handyman £30 but said that people were filling cans. I hope Gareth can get enough to travel to and from his job.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rita, the weather has been atrocious for the last few days wet and windy and with the temp down to 7C and feeling like -2C. Not sure how the petrol situation is affecting my family but the lady who does my hair was only allowed to put £20 in and our handyman £30 but said that people were filling cans. I hope Gareth can get enough to travel to and from his job.
I couldn’t get my hair cut this week Pearl, my hairdresser couldn’t get petrol to get over to my house. !! Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn’t get my hair cut this week Pearl, my hairdresser couldn’t get petrol to get over to my house. !! Rita
It must be affecting a lot of businesses. My hairdresser came a day earlier than planned to conserve her fuel by fitting in as many as she could who lived close together. I do think that steps should be taken immediately to bring in a rationing system when panic buying starts - be it of toilet rolls, pasta or petrol.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl ,
Have you been watching ‘ The great british bake off ‘ ?
I am just catching up on episode 2….not sure who my favourite is yet. Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all of you guy's cold wet grumpy weather settled right into the back of my right shoulder blade.
Hot pack and aspirin keeping it at bay, but trying to sleep with it is escaping me.

CONGRATULATIONS RITA!!

Hugs

Reactions: Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think all of you guy's cold wet grumpy weather settled right into the back of my right shoulder blade.
Hot pack and aspirin keeping it at bay, but trying to sleep with it is escaping me.

CONGRATULATIONS RITA!!

Hugs
Holy Spirit, please sooth Ziggy's right shoulder blade, and I ask that You help her sleep, too! I ask in Yeshua's name, amen!

Reactions: Rita and Ziggy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord told me to return to the love I had at first for Him. To be hungry for that love which initially transformed me.

I asked the Lord to fill me with His love, that I might be Christ to people. Love was the thing that transformed me. Over time, this world threatens to just sap you of the power of God's love. But He wants us to come to Him to be filled.

Reactions: Ziggy and Truman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl ,
Have you been watching ‘ The great british bake off ‘ ?
I am just catching up on episode 2….not sure who my favourite is yet. Rita
I used to love it and watched every episode until Channel 4 took it over and I haven't watched it since. And I haven't yet watched any of the new Strictly either as I'm not a fan of same sex couples dancing together - it doesn't look right. The two females last year and they withdrew early because of covid; this year they have two men like Dancing on Ice Did.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit that I haven’t watched strictly or dancing on ice, I use to love the latter but just lost interest.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I only shared what God showed me @farouk but thanks, I'm glad you like it.
@Pearl There was one couple on Strictly (I don't remember their names), who were doing a tango and the woman seemed so energetic and it seemed like the man was young enough to be her son; in contrast to what you said in your blog piece, at times she seemed to be the leading element in the partnership. It was still all very controlled and graceful, but I take your point about what you said about submission.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy , how is your shoulder ?
Feels like s balloon has settled under my shoulder blade. The whole right side from my neck to my wrist is aching.
It's not pain. I think I have a cold in my back. The weather has been changing rapidly here in Maine.
Mornings have dropped down to mid 40F. It was raining for a few days too and I was out moving things around.
Just having troubles lifting the arm. But mainly the shoulderblade area.
I'm taking some cold medicine and aspirin, I have a hot water bottle and a heating pad.
I just can't get comfortable.
It's making my whole attitude sour :(

This is like day 3, so I figure it should be moving out pretty soon. Nothing is swollen but it feels like it is.
Supposed to get up into the 70'sF by midweek so maybe that will help.
Plenty of chicken soup :)

Thank You for asking Rita
Hugs
:)

Reactions: Truman

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry @Ziggy, sounds really uncomfortable……it’s draining dealing with things that take time to heal xxxxxx
It must be awkward doing things around the house, cooking ect ……
Yes I can get how it affects your moods ………
Much love x

Reactions: Ziggy