How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is something very precious God has given me and it's something that Satan and this world has tried to take away.

It's the love that I have for other people, strangers even, when I'm out and about online or doing errands.

As a young girl, I wanted to be everyone's friend. I have learned that's not always possible but I try to protect that girl by not wearing my emotions on my sleeve.

I've been disappointed so many times. My heart gets bruised and it feels like my love grows cold at times. Often, what hinders us from loving are those deep resentments and scars that others leave on us. I really believe we can go to Jesus for healing from that as we learn to forgive.

But Satan hasn't destroyed that love and I still wear a smile and a warm countenance when I go out. Just doing that changes the atmosphere and helps shine the light of Jesus.

While we were sinners, Christ died for us, and He loves me, not because of anything Ive done but because of His goodness.

That's the love we are to show others.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was watching a french bulldog compilation and heard a song by Justin Beiber.

The lyrics

What if you had it all
But nobody to call
Well maybe then you'd know me

Cause I've had everything
But no one's listening
And thats just ****** lonely

I actually was surprised by how good the whole song was.

It just goes to show money and fame are not what true happiness consists of. We need positive relationships to thrive. We need God. We need each other.

Often the pain behind some of the secular music is quite haunting because I recognize it. It's the pain of being lost and trying to navigate life without Christ.

There's this club song called All Hands on Deck by Tinashe. It's for dancing but the lyrics describe someone who put everything into a relationship only to have it all thrown away by the other person. The bad decisions being made are a result of that pain.

This world is full of pain and suffering and sometimes the secular music captures that really accurately.

I still don't listen to it like I used to. But I like to pay attention to the lyrics for that reason.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My day may have been a bit lonely/bored. I'm so used to working it has been awhile since I have had free time. It is nice to rest, but hubby sleeps for work and have a couple small kids. Just should clean but tend to just sit and do nothing instead.

Reactions: Wynona

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could really use some connection time. Friend time. I don't really get that all that much anymore.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was watching a french bulldog compilation and heard a song by Justin Beiber.

The lyrics

What if you had it all
But nobody to call
Well maybe then you'd know me

Cause I've had everything
But no one's listening
And thats just ****** lonely

I actually was surprised by how good the whole song was.

It just goes to show money and fame are not what true happiness consists of. We need positive relationships to thrive. We need God. We need each other.

Often the pain behind some of the secular music is quite haunting because I recognize it. It's the pain of being lost and trying to navigate life without Christ.

There's this club song called All Hands on Deck by Tinashe. It's for dancing but the lyrics describe someone who put everything into a relationship only to have it all thrown away by the other person. The bad decisions being made are a result of that pain.

This world is full of pain and suffering and sometimes the secular music captures that really accurately.

I still don't listen to it like I used to. But I like to pay attention to the lyrics for that reason.

Ha yeh. Kinda like that. I think that is why I DONT listen to secular music. In Jesus Name, I am NOT alone. I WILL connect. Not every day will be like today. Tomorrow WILL be better.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially Wednesday cuz I'm going to see the new Spider man movie while hubby watches the kids. I invited a lady friend. LOL

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, just for fun, next month I would like to recreate a look I call "ladylike hipster". I have a whole fall and winter fashion board with this look.

e97401dc84619bfe1e627cb89078c654.jpg

Note the chunky scarf, tights, handbag, belt, dress, and cardigan. Im looking forward to recreating this look from thrifted items.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, just for fun, next month I would like to recreate a look I call "ladylike hipster". I have a whole fall and winter fashion board with this look.

View attachment 19692

Note the chunky scarf, tights, handbag, belt, dress, and cardigan. Im looking forward to recreating this look from thrifted items.

Awww cute. I love chunky scarves. Started snowing today. First real snow of winter

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My granddaughter and future grandson-in-law are visiting for Christmas. She and my wife put together a gingerbread house tonight. Grandpa enjoyed watching them (and trying to help without getting in the way). It was absolutely adorable! I'd post a picture, but my granddaughter made the gingerbread man who lives in the house, uh, anatomically correct.
LOL, yeah those French made dolls are not for posting pictures of either. My mom used to collect dolls as a hobby and she would always tell me about the French dolls and how that was inappropriate. Dolls just creep me out though. Try sleeping with one staring at you while you sleep. It's like that movie Chucky.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, yeah those French made dolls are not for posting pictures of either. My mom used to collect dolls as a hobby and she would always tell me about the French dolls and how that was inappropriate. Dolls just creep me out though. Try sleeping with one staring at you while you sleep. It's like that movie Chucky.
My mom used to collect dolls. I can't imagine her getting one of those French dolls, though. Granddaughter did have one doll that creeped her out so bad she had to cover it with a shoebox. (She had seen the Chucky movie with her dad on HBO.) Her mom eventually had to give the doll away to some charity that collects toys for poor children, so some kid must've inherited it.

BTW, Granddaughter bit off the strategically-placed gumdrop and now it's a gingerbread woman. Her fiancé' watched that whole operation and started looking VERY nervous.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mom used to collect dolls. I can't imagine her getting one of those French dolls, though. Granddaughter did have one doll that creeped her out so bad she had to cover it with a shoebox. (She had seen the Chucky movie with her dad on HBO.) Her mom eventually had to give the doll away to some charity that collects toys for poor children, so some kid must've inherited it.

BTW, Granddaughter bit off the strategically-placed gumdrop and now it's a gingerbread woman. Her fiancé' watched that whole operation and started looking VERY nervous.
LOL. I had a girlfriend in highschool do something similar, made me nervous too.