How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagery helps me sometimes.

The long white robe of Scripture, which is the righteousness of the Saints, is what Im picturing on me. Satan can try to accuse me all he wants but they come to nothing at the sight of my beautiful robe of righteousness.

Sin used to dominate me but no more. My mind is being renewed.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an epiphany last night: Christmas is for kids! Stress is for adults!

I thought about all the Christmas preparations I was getting into and was just overwhelmed. And I don't even have a kid. Before, we were broke so we didn't feel the need to do as much.

But last night I was so stressed thinking of things I had yet to do!!

'Im over Christmas.' I thought. 'I just want to be done with it so I can lose weight and be left alone!!'

Then I thought of Jesus. This morning I was praying and thinking "Your burden is light. You don't put all these traditions and pressures on us like mankind does." There's no commandment about having nice Christmas decorations or baking ham or buying tons of presents.

I don't think the solution is to stop adulting and throw up my hands but I do love the rest Jesus gives us when we simply spend time with Him. That way, I unwind and just do the best I can.

I have a more restful attitude about it all when I put Jesus first. It's His ways that matter. So if I don't break my weightloss plateau or have perfect decorations or cook everything right, Im going to simply laugh and move on.

I don't have to be stressed with everything because it's not about me. It's about Jesus.

I love my brothers and sisters who think Christmas is too pagan too. Seems like a great reason to escape Holiday stress.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel depresed. last night was a christmas party i was excited about. i am disappointed and depressed. someone i used to be friends with....idk. i felt annoyed with her .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an epiphany last night: Christmas is for kids! Stress is for adults!

I thought about all the Christmas preparations I was getting into and was just overwhelmed. And I don't even have a kid. Before, we were broke so we didn't feel the need to do as much.

But last night I was so stressed thinking of things I had yet to do!!

'Im over Christmas.' I thought. 'I just want to be done with it so I can lose weight and be left alone!!'

Then I thought of Jesus. This morning I was praying and thinking "Your burden is light. You don't put all these traditions and pressures on us like mankind does." There's no commandment about having nice Christmas decorations or baking ham or buying tons of presents.

I don't think the solution is to stop adulting and throw up my hands but I do love the rest Jesus gives us when we simply spend time with Him. That way, I unwind and just do the best I can.

I have a more restful attitude about it all when I put Jesus first. It's His ways that matter. So if I don't break my weightloss plateau or have perfect decorations or cook everything right, Im going to simply laugh and move on.

I don't have to be stressed with everything because it's not about me. It's about Jesus.

I love my brothers and sisters who think Christmas is too pagan too. Seems like a great reason to escape Holiday stress.
Sounds like you have a good approach to getting on track with the spirit of Christmas!

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Realized that I was in bondage to a false idol of worldly beauty standards.

God has been showing me that trying to be so thin for the wrong reasons was like building my house on a foundation of sinking sand. Beauty fades but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

I just simply don't need to worry anymore about not living up to that worldly standard and focus on having a Godly character.

I have to seek the Kingdom of God first and trust that the healthy habits Ive built up will be fine to keep me from getting out of control.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, instead of fretting, I decided to sing praise songs. It changed my whole attitude.

Someone took notice. At the gas pump, I struck up a conversation and this older man said, "You have a sweet soul don't you? I could tell when you walked in the station."

I said "I try to keep a little joy. Ive got Jesus."

We had an uplifting conversation all because I chose to smile and have a good attitude.

God is good!

I want to make Jesus proud, and if I can witness with my countenance, then it's worth turning my attitude around.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our care home has had to go into lockdown….2days before Christmas, which means the residents won’t be able to see their families ( and visa versa ) on Christmas Day. Thankfully no resident has tested positive for covid, but 5-7 staff members have after testing on Monday….so we have to lockdown.
Hopefully it’s only till 30th, if we manage to contain the outbreak.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our care home has had to go into lockdown….2days before Christmas, which means the residents won’t be able to see their families ( and visa versa ) on Christmas Day. Thankfully no resident has tested positive for covid, but 5-7 staff members have after testing on Monday….so we have to lockdown.
Hopefully it’s only till 30th, if we manage to contain the outbreak.
Sorry to hear this Rita. My sister is in an adult living facility and they are letting her return to normal activity. But they had their shots and boosters.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a strange headache yesterday and couldn't concentrate for hours. It went away, but wasn't having a good day. Today I feel better and hopefully that problem won't return.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Results of my No Spend challenge has been good. Christmas went well. Hubby actually buys for himself now.

I realized that I often shop to change the way I feel at the time. But only focusing on needs can really save a lot of money, because those small purchases add up!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kids loved the gifts. But my son has had fever since last night. Been giving him Tylenol. Wondering if it is another ear infection because of how he is shaking his head. It is sad he had to get sick Christmas Eve night.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kids loved the gifts. But my son has had fever since last night. Been giving him Tylenol. Wondering if it is another ear infection because of how he is shaking his head. It is sad he had to get sick Christmas Eve night.
Sorry your little one is sick. Hope he feels better soon!

Reactions: Mayflower

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My granddaughter and future grandson-in-law are visiting for Christmas. She and my wife put together a gingerbread house tonight. Grandpa enjoyed watching them (and trying to help without getting in the way). It was absolutely adorable! I'd post a picture, but my granddaughter made the gingerbread man who lives in the house, uh, anatomically correct.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just so happy! I can't say why now but it's on behalf of a family member.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ordered a hoodie for my sister-in-law in October for Christmas. It didn't come till this morning. I was going to email the company and ask for my money back but it did arrive after all this time. So I guess I will gift it since they don't do returns.

Still. Horrible service.