How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I sometimes drink coffee too late in the day and I wake up or keep sleeping and think my bladder might burst cause of that news story I read.
I always try to drain the ol' tank right before bed anyway. That way I only have to get up once in the middle of the night.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably first-year Psych students also.
My doctor told me that a lot of people with mental health problems go into Psych studies to learn about their illness and become counselors and such.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I sometimes drink coffee too late in the day and I wake up or keep sleeping and think my bladder might burst cause of that news story I read. What I found is that investigating medical stories and online medical advice just makes me more paranoid about my own health.
Then you already know the answer my friend . Stop reading all of those things . Remember GOD is in control and just sleep peacefully .
What we take in from this world can cause fear and anxiety as well as other things which can lead folks astray .
Remember GOD is in control and stay feasting daily on the scriptures whereby we can grow wise through faith in Christ .
One thing i have learned as well . Much stuff gets put on the internet , its better we just trust in GOD
and stay focused on Him and the things He would have us to be doing .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctor told me that a lot of people with mental health problems go into Psych studies to learn about their illness and become counselors and such.
The HOLY SPIRIT and by what i read in that bible , my advice is we simply trust in GOD and not in the wisdom of this world .
Stay in prayer and put all hope and all affections above on the LORD .
Watch how fast peace returns and how quickly the mind becomes stable again . Just trust in the Glorious LORD .
Now let all that draws breath both praise and thank the LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a schizophrenic counselor once, he lasted all of about 3 months.
Yet the TRUE COUNSELOR is the one who would bring us comfort and peace . Feast on the bible , be in prayer
and be hearers and doers of the Word . Embrace the abundant Life found in Christ .
And let all that draws breath praise and thank the LORD .

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read something by a guy who taught seminary that a large percentage of his students wanted to become pastors in order to make up for their own sins. He'd have to tell them that unless they learn deal with their own guilt, they're not going to make good pastors.

I wonder if that's similar to your Psych students.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, who could better understand what you were going through?
People with schizophrenia tend to get upset when they talk to people. It's kind of a Hellen Keller story really. The meds help but people frustrate us. Honestly schizophrenics make terrible counselors. Sure they may have empathy, but counselors need to be peaceful and helpful and that just isn't what schizo's are.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read something by a guy who taught seminary that a large percentage of his students wanted to become pastors in order to make up for their own sins. He'd have to tell them that unless they learn deal with their own guilt, they're not going to make good pastors.

I wonder if that's similar to your Psych students.
I've had a couple counselors that had mental problems and none of them lasted long by their own withdrawal from the system. Sadly healthy people are the best to direct people towards a mentally healthy life.

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mother-in-law's birthday party was a success.

I'm glad she enjoyed herself. I have new pictures for my scrapbook. She wanted a Friends themed birthday party so it's a no-brainer how to decorate the new pages.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was FCBD 2022. That means free comic book day, and its always good times. Went to a couple of stores, got some good comics, met a storm trooper, and despite the rain, it was a pretty good day.
Sounds super fun. I'm eating popcorn and watching a movie, I already had church service this morning, cheers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona