How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I washed the car I use today. It was mossy and really dirty and embarrassing to drive. It is now clean. A moment of silence for the moss... and now it has better wind resistance. My mileage should improve and gas shouldn't cost as much.
275915370_10158323542171856_6387444656058058397_n.jpg

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had some much needed free time and I got to journal, scrapbook, read, and walk.

I just ordered a trendy item I could not find at any craft store: wax seal melts in a set with candles, stamps, and a special spoon.

This is what the kit looks like and how to use it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/RXBY2eM-A1E?feature=share

I am soo excited!!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I was reading 10 Things You Can't Say in America by Larry Elder.

He does a great job of showing what a sham it is to blame problems of African Americans on white racism at all costs.

He does such a good job, that I am almost grieving the lack of balance that certain black leaders have had in their rhetoric.

Teaching a victim mentality and teaching that racial discrimination is the reason blacks can't get ahead has real consequences. A culture of underachievement is one of the least of them.

The real issues are fatherlessness, lack of focus on education, and the very victim mentality the media pushes. If everyone says you can't get ahead because of racism and you believe that nonsense then why even try.

And it is nonsense. There is racism but it isn't systemic and there is no actual proof that discrimination is keeping blacks unsuccessful.

Those who work hard and apply themselves to some kind of skill see plenty of success, regardless of race.

What about Nigerian immigrants who come over to America and become highly successful doctors, lawyers, and IT professionals? Shouldn't racism also keep them down? What about Asian Americans?

What a load of nonsense all this victim stuff is.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and amadeus

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Art journaling with mixed media isn't for the faint of heart. My first piece is waiting for the final stage and it looks ugly at the moment.

I feel handicapped when it comes to free painting and drawing. I feel like scraps of paper compensate for my lack of experience with that. But I would like to branch out. No risk. No reward.

Reactions: Lambano

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in New Mexico. We can clearly see the smoke from a 270,000+ acre fire to the east of us. It's 29% contained.

We are safe, but the victims need prayer, love, and financial help.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in New Mexico. We can clearly see the smoke from a 270,000+ acre fire to the east of us. It's 29% contained.

We are safe, but the victims need prayer, love, and financial help.
We were almost evacuated in California when I lived there, scary.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard to delineate resting from working as a housewife. When I worked, I had a clearly defined time to rest because I left the office/store.

At home, there's always another task. For my birthday, I have asked to not have to do any chores, cook, or drive. I really wanted to be extra supportive since hubby is in between jobs. But him being home at all times creates more work for me. It's worth a shot asking him for help.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard to delineate resting from working as a housewife. When I worked, I had a clearly defined time to rest because I left the office/store.

At home, there's always another task. For my birthday, I have asked to not have to do any chores, cook, or drive. I really wanted to be extra supportive since hubby is in between jobs. But him being home at all times creates more work for me. It's worth a shot asking him for help.
Hi Wynona. You're probably at church. So just checking in to see how you're doing?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona. You're probably at church. So just checking in to see how you're doing?

Hey devin553344! Thanks.

Today was really good. Today's sermon had be in tears. It was so encouraging. We stayed after to move things for the new carpet and chairs installation.

I was really tired but I seem to be fine now after some relaxation time. I talked to my brother. Something seemed off in his voice. Hopefully him and his fiancee aren't arguing.

Hubby has two job opportunities lined up. I thought he'd go for the dump truck position but he might go with the other option---team driving a commercial truck. It's all very exciting. Id be equally happy with either job he went with.

Yesterday, I learned about an option to finish my bachelor's degree in psychology. I have a two year IT degree but its nice to know I can finish the other degree. I was about two or more years into a four year university. One of the professors happened to be at my Walk for Life Event.

How are you today?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey devin553344! Thanks.

Today was really good. Today's sermon had be in tears. It was so encouraging. We stayed after to move things for the new carpet and chairs installation.

I was really tired but I seem to be fine now after some relaxation time. I talked to my brother. Something seemed off in his voice. Hopefully him and his fiancee aren't arguing.

Hubby has two job opportunities lined up. I thought he'd go for the dump truck position but he might go with the other option---team driving a commercial truck. It's all very exciting. Id be equally happy with either job he went with.

Yesterday, I learned about an option to finish my bachelor's degree in psychology. I have a two year IT degree but its nice to know I can finish the other degree. I was about two or more years into a four year university. One of the professors happened to be at my Walk for Life Event.

How are you today?
I was super fatigued this morning and had trouble getting out of bed. I'm getting some blood tests tomorrow so maybe that will turn something up. But I feel better now. And I got 12 hours of sleep last night. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll let the doctors figure it out.

Well, sounds like maybe the hubby is getting tired of long distance driving. If he can get something more local that means more time together for you and him. Sounds nice if it is that.

A degree might be nice to have. Sounds fun. I see a psychologist bi-weekly. They are helpful.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was super fatigued this morning and had trouble getting out of bed. I'm getting some blood tests tomorrow so maybe that will turn something up. But I feel better now. And I got 12 hours of sleep last night. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll let the doctors figure it out.

Well, sounds like maybe the hubby is getting tired of long distance driving. If he can get something more local that means more time together for you and him. Sounds nice if it is that.

A degree might be nice to have. Sounds fun. I see a psychologist bi-weekly. They are helpful.

I hope your energy gets right soon. Ill probably ask how you're doing again just to see if that gets better.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope your energy gets right soon. Ill probably ask how you're doing again just to see if that gets better.
It got better later in the day. Like last time it happened. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling great today. God is good.

I read a chapter of Luke, walked, and tidied the apartment before taking on errands. Yesterday, I mostly rested.

I am learning British history about how the Vikings invaded the Christian Anglo-Saxons and burned down so many monasteries and libraries. I wish more of them had survived.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm off this morning to Aglow. A family member does the music for it and she has asked me to be her prayer cover so I just sit at the back. I am usually part of the worship but this isn't my ministry team and I'm happy to help out. She also asked me to be a part of her team when we go to another ministry she has been invited to as a guest speaker. I am happy to go along and support that as a prayer warrior as well. :)